Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From my past post, i have been hinted that i should post my army here- criticism and good points please

1500 point Eldar ambush army.

Karandras
Autarch on eldar jetbike with laser lance

10 striking scorpions

5 pathfinders
5 pathfinders
5 jetbikes

8 warp spiders including exarch with 2 death spinners, powerblades, surprise assult and withdraw
Or!
8 swooping hawks including exarch with Skyleap, intercept and sunrifle

1 fire prism
1 fire prism
3 war walkers with eldar missile launchers and scatter lasers

·
1,059 Posts
I would go for warpspiders over hawks. Another option you could look at is going with shuriken cannons on the walkers if you plan to outflank with them. This would give you some spare points if you are a bit short. Getting a 6th guardian jetbike and upgrading two of them with shuriken cannons is something you might want to find points for.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok forget the last post, i have sorted and got the number spot on 1500. here it goes- same again criticisms and good points.

1500 point Eldar ambush army.

Karandras

Autarch on eldar jetbike with laser lance

10 striking scorpions

5 pathfinders

5 pathfinders

6 jetbikes with 2 shuriken cannons

8 warp spiders including exarch with 2 death spinners, powerblades, surprise assult and withdraw

1 fire prism with spirit stones

1 fire prism with spirit stones

3 war walkers with shuriken cannons and spirit stones

·
1,059 Posts
because cannons are dirt cheap and outflank can get you within 24" quickly. If you have points the scatterlaser is a great option and well worth the points if you plan to have the walkers on the table to start as the extra range is more useful.

As for the list you don't need suprise assault ( all jump infantry can now deepstrike ) or spiritstones on the walkers as the squadron rules will ignore the stunned results until there is only 1 left. Some will say that the powerblades is not worth it on warpspiders as you don't want them in melee. I like them on mine though so experiment to find if the points are worth it to you.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I don't like your jetbike Autarch.

you probably don't want your guardian jetbikes in melee, and the Lance means your Autarch is also fairly worthless in melee after the charge, and your autarch needs to hang with the jetbikes, and all by himself his laser lance isn't going to obliterate an MEQ squad in one turn. I don't think the lance is worth it unless hes rideing with a unit of Shining Spears, or adding the s6 poweweapon attacks to a biker council.

Autarch- bike, Reaper Launcher, Power weapon (135)
. That way he can hang out with the guardian jetbikes, and add some anti MEQ to thier cannon fire. And since hes on a jetbike he can move and fire the heavy weapon taking advantage of JSJ.

Alternatively, if you want to kit him out for melee make him go with the spiders
Autarch- WJG, mandiblasters, powerweapon, fusion gun (125)
That allows him to deep strike in, and because of the exarch he can withdraw from combat whenever he needs to. You are paying for power blades on your warpspider Exarch anyway. The Autarch can give the squad more power weapon attacks, and plasma grenades making it infinitly more practicle to engage marines in cover, etc, and giving you an offensive reason to use those blades.

The reason people like shuriken cannons on warwalkers is because they are insanely cost effective. you can field 3 shuri walkers for 120 points, vs 180 points for scatter laser walkers. Considering how fragile they are, more walkers > more powerful walkers. Especially since with outflanking the extra range on Scatter Lasers doesn't really apply.

·
1,059 Posts
He is working with a set list of models I believe, which is why the autarch is set up as he is. I think the spider autarch would be a very nice change to the list but it requires purchasing new models and moding them to fit wysiwyg.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think the spider autarch would be a very nice change to the list but it requires purchasing new models and moding them to fit wysiwyg.
I have a friend with an unmade autauch with power weapon, fusion gun and mandiblasters. i have a spare wjg.is £5 worth it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts