Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally made it to 2000 pts!!:w00t: Here is my list. Please critique.... good bad and ugly.

HQ: Hive Tyrant- AG(Ws)+ES+EC+implant attack+ sym rippers+toxic miasam+TS+Rending and Venom Cannon= 190pts

Elites: 3 Shooty Warriors- ES+EC+TS+Scything Talons(X3)+Venom cannon and Deathspitters(X2)= 118

3 CC Warriors- AG+AG+bioplas+ES+EC+Leaping+TS+devourer+SCything tal(X4)+rending (1)=142 (devourer Warrior has scything, one has scything+rending the other ScythingX2)

1 Lictor= 80

Troops: 12 genestealers-EC+scuttle =288
12 genestealers-EC+scuttle =288
10 genestealers-EC+scuttle =240
20 hormagaunts-AG(I)+EC =240

Fast attack: 1 ravener- scything+rending=50

Heavy: 1 zoan-Warp blast+synapse =65
1 shooty carni-Spinebanks+ES+EC+TS+barbed strangler+venom cannon=189
2 Biovores-Bio-acid mines=110
:alien:

·
Registered
122 Posts
HQ: Hive Tyrant- AG(Ws)+ES+EC+implant attack+ sym rippers+toxic miasam+TS+Rending and Venom Cannon= 190pts
Okay, this is a good place to start off. It is a seemingly accepted policy that the "Big Guys" should be either Close Combat or Shooting. This will help focus them to doing that one role well rather then splitting them and doing two things only half well. Decide if you want him to be a hand to hand monster or a shooting support and then I can help better from there. One thing I can say, Sym rippers is hardly ever a good idea. They are cheap but Monstrous Creatures I believe count for ten models in Close Combat anyway and if you are not outnumbering or atleast getting close, your Tyrant is in the wrong neighborhood

Elites: 3 Shooty Warriors- ES+EC+TS+Scything Talons(X3)+Venom cannon and Deathspitters(X2)= 118

3 CC Warriors- AG+AG+bioplas+ES+EC+Leaping+TS+devourer+SCything tal(X4)+rending (1)=142 (devourer Warrior has scything, one has scything+rending the other ScythingX2)

1 Lictor= 80
I like the shooty warriors, nice simple neat. In a 2000pt army, you might want to add either another group of 3 or add a fourth to each party just because they provide a valuable resource, SYNAPSE. When this goes down, your in trouble. The lone LIctor is a half and half. Some people like them others think one is just too few. I dont mind one Lictor as I sometimes play one myself, especially for the reroll on Reserve checks. Use him as a one shot wonder and dont be upset when he dies the next turn after he shows up. If he kills something important or stops him from shooting for a turn, the Lictor did its job.

Troops: 12 genestealers-EC+scuttle =288
12 genestealers-EC+scuttle =288
10 genestealers-EC+scuttle =240
20 hormagaunts-AG(I)+EC =240
The scuttling is again a half and half situation. If your looking for points to spend elsewhere, drop the scuttling. If you can afford it, go for it. I will say though, genestealers move fast enough on their own and usually see combat early third turn, second if your really lucky. The homies are great in that large group. I play the exact same amount and they tear things new blowholes. HOWEVER, you dont need all that hoopla on them. Drop the EC altogether. It is NOT NEEDED. Think about it. Bolters are AP5. Your save wont protect you. Hand to hand, you should be slugging it out against Marines at half your group size. You should win they run them down if they flee. The AG(I) is not my personal favorite. +1S works better because you want to kill as many as you can even if they fight back. Wounding on 4's is way better than 5's and your goal is killing.

Fast attack: 1 ravener- scything+rending=50
One Ravener just isnt enough. Three Raveners in groups of one is okay, but thats points you could spend elsewhere more efficiently. Besides, the point total should be 40 not 50

Heavy: 1 zoan-Warp blast+synapse =65
1 shooty carni-Spinebanks+ES+EC+TS+barbed strangler+venom cannon=189
2 Biovores-Bio-acid mines=110
The Zoa is fine. Helps with the extra synapse that you really lack. The Biovores are fine too. Some people use them still it will be up to you to see how they work with your style. The Carnifex is an issue though. NEVER take Toxin sacs. You will never need a strength ten anyway. Besides with your guns, the best you can do with the cannon is str10 and its S+2 to start. The best you can do with the Stranger is str8 and its S-1 to start. My personal favorite configuration is Barbed Strangler, Venom Cannon, ES, EC, Reinforced Chitin for 188points. Use this guy solely against tanks or vehicles of sorts and he will do fine.

It looks like a good start. Watch out for your synapse as they are very valuable when you have little. Let me know what you want to do with your tyrant, either Close Combat or Shooty and I will give advice on it. I have a winged Close Combat monster that gets 6 str 6 attacks on the charge, so it works good against tanks, Characters, whatever might be thrown at it. Good luck

·
Registered
670 Posts
molaticdeath said:
Peronsally the most effective and cheapist thing i find cc warriors is:
ST, RC, EC, Leaping and AG-1
FOr 3 warriors it's 114pts which isn;t much the damage they can do on the charge against a marine squad.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts