Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I want to know your thoughts about my new all-commers list.

here it is:

Characters:
-1 (Hierophant) Liche High Priest + Cloak of the Dunes + Dispel Scroll = 290 Pts.
-1 Liche Priest = 115 Pts.
-1 (general) Tomb Prince + Great Weapon = 104 Pts.
-1 Tomb Prince + Chariot + Flail + Light Armour = 151 Pts.

I want to go magic heavy, so that's why I use the high priest. I really like his magic boost. He is backed up by the other priest to have a great number of magic.
The princes will boost the fighting ability of the TG unit and the chariot unit.
The prince in the chariot doesn't have chariot of fire because I didn't have the points and the chariots magic banner will make up for dropping this item.

Core Units:
-20 Skeleton Warriors + Shield + Light Armour + Standard Bearer = 190 Pts.
-1 Tomb Swarm = 45 Pts.

My 2 sponge unit to cover the priests in and they make an army centre.
I know the tomb swarm is not good in this condition but I didn't even had the 25 points to swap it for 5 light horsemen.

Special Choise:
-19 Tomb Guard + Standard Bearer + Champion + War Banner = 277 Pts.
-3 Chariots + Standard Bearer + Icon of the Sacred Eye = 190 Pts.
-3 Ushabti = 195 Pts.
-3 Carrion = 72 Pts.

Here are my hard hitting units, I think I don't need to explain why I have these.
I can hear you think...... NO SCORPIONS??, yes I don't have them.
The few times I did use them they didn't do enough to swap the special slots I have right now for it.
The icon of the sacred eye with the chariot unit does wonders, they give me that extra kills so I can charge an unit in the front and still win with enough points to break it (it does depend on the unit I charge off-course).
Then, the carrion. I don't have more then 3 because of 2 simple reasons: 1= didn't have enough points (how suprising) and 2= I feel that in a unit of 4/5 they become a little to big, their bases are quit large so when you have 4/5 of these bases you have to have a lot of space to put them there.

Rare Choise:
-1 Screaming Skull Catapult = 90 Pts.

Do I need to say more??

So what do you think?

And I know perhaps a chariot unit in an army that is a bit more defensive then offensive is not great but I like the models and the speed.

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
The list looks good, I like the units you have, but i think a few of them could do with some changes.

The LHP would bnefit from the Mighty Plaques, give the Scroll to the Priest on steed. The General Prince could do with the Collar of Shapesh for protection, and id say arm the Chariot Prince with Spear and Shield instead of the Flail.

To get the points for the above, look at "downgrading" the skellies to bowmen.

The Ushabti could really do with being 4 strong, but so long as you keep them well supproted with healing then they hould be ok. Also both SSCs could really do with being upgraded. Finding the points could be hard though.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
okey, thanks for replying.

okey I can downgrade the skeletons warriors to archers but this gives me 40 points (unless the mightly 6+ light armour save will be dropped either).

with this new points I could give the LHP plagues and the LP a steed.

the spear I think is best on a TK not a TP (because then he only has a strenght of 5) wich is not that much, I prefer a strenght of 6.

yes 4 ushabti's are great but I can't find 65 points for an extra ushabti.

If I make my warriors unit archers would they survive many rounds of combat?

thanks

·
7,143 Posts
If you make them archers then there is no point them having LA. As for surviving combat, i end up arguing this point a lot, Just look at their saves. HW/S/LA, in combat thats a 4+ save. Often they will ake 3-5 wounds, from something atleast S4. that reduces your save to atleast 5+, and you may pass one or two.
Without bows you may loose a few more in combat, but thats what your healing spells are for. Also, they are cheaper, meaning that for the same points cost you can get more models. Better for outnumbering, and will counter the extra losses. In addition you then get the ability to hurt the enemy at range.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Characters:
-1 (Hierophant) Liche High Priest + Cloak of the Dunes + Dispel Scroll = 290 Pts
Add Plague of Mighty Incantations and another Dispel Scroll if you wish: 345 points
-1 Liche Priest = 115 Pts.
Heiratic Jar could benefit here, thats another all important incantation when you need it: 140 points
-1 (general) Tomb Prince + Great Weapon = 104 Pts.
Yes, like Deciever said add a Collar of Shapesh : 129 points
-1 Tomb Prince + Chariot + Flail + Light Armour = 151 Pts.
Add Spear of Antarhak and Enchanted shield instead of flail : 192

Core Units:
Archers without light armour, standard bearer and shield : 160
Full command. you calculated wrong, the minimum is 200 points without command : 225
No Tomb Swarm

Special Choise:
-19 Tomb Guard + Standard Bearer + Champion + War Banner = 277 Pts.
Instead of War Banner go with Mirage Standrad with full command : 298
-3 Chariots + Standard Bearer + Icon of the Sacred Eye = 190 Pts.
Yes good
-3 Ushabti = 195 Pts.
Just keep them alive with summoning
-3 Carrion = 72 Pts.
Ok, fine, but make them 4

Rare Choise:
They need to be upgraded but you can only do that if you dont get another Ushabti like Deciever said

Its a good list, with my advice you can get more out of your units with the right equipment:C:C:C

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would do allmost the same upgrades you did, why I not did it?
Because it's about 75 points more than I have.

first of, the skeleton archers can't have a bow and a shield, you can switch the bow for a shield but you can't have both.

then. my calculations were correct: 20 warriors are 9 pts = 180 points + 10 points for the standard is 190 pts.

Why do you think I have that swarm??? because I need at least 3 core units so I can't just drop it without a replacement.

However, I do want plagues/hieratic jar but if I have hieratic jar I would not give it to my LP because the LHP is a lot better with it.

so thanks for your advice but it's not that I don't want all those extra things in my army but I just can't affort it with the point limit.

Deciever:
Yes they do give me extra shooting (not that it would do much IMO) but it is worth something.
It does give me 60 points more to spent (now I can have Licht horsemen instead of the swarm e.t.) that is a big plus.

And off-course I can heal them but the problem is what if I need other units to heal either? or charges that need to be done in the magic fase.
This is all more important most of the time so with the 4+ save I can make sure less magic needs to be cast om them to heal.

But I do like it so I will make a second list with those changes and try them both.
I will post that list soon (I'm going on a hike today so it can take longer than a week but it will be posted).

thanks.

·
7,143 Posts
Cool, Just on more thing in response to the above. You say you think a LHP is better off with the Hjar, but if you look at it then generally its a better idea to give a LHP the Mighty Plaques. It means that both of his incantations each turn will be more consistent, as opposed to having just one phase with an extra spell. Giving the Hjar to a LP is still a good idea aswell.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was just thinking.

how about dropping the LA on both skeleton units? this way they still have a armour save of 5+ and I have 40 points more to spent

to replace the swarm with Light Horsemen for example.

And then I have 15 points left to use... but on what? I like vambraces of the sun, good idea?

·
7,143 Posts
And wereback to my favourite point, skellie bowmen! :) Thats a 5+Sv in combat youll have, 6+ at range. Get hit by anything S4+ then the save is useless. So, the obvious option, stick with bows! Cheaper skellies, damage at range, just as good a sponge.

If you choose this option the i think Lcav and Vambraces are a good idea.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yes i agree with Deciever, its a good idea. Just make sure you post the modified list when you have the chance;Y:happy:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.