Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During one game when i was facing nids my one commander took out a carnifex and left another one with 1 wound and a hive tyrant with 2, fighting all in close combat.:D

Another time it was my sergeant vs. a zoanthrope, last guys in the game. My sergeant came back twice using bionics to finally kill his zoanthrope and win the game.

·
Registered
797 Posts
One time i had a squad of 4 Grey hunters (Bolters) get charged by a unclean one killed
it then and there. I also had a sqad of 2 SW scouts get charged by 5 Genestealers
killed them all.

·
Registered
8 Posts
haha, i have a great story along these lines. i guess i wont go into much detail...

but basically, it was the...third, iirc....game i ever played, and it was my space marines vs. my friend's nids. we played an "attacker vs defender" scenario, with a set amount of concrete turns (i cant remember how many), then afterwards we'd roll a dice to see if the game went on another turn. iirc it was a scenario just straight out of the rulebook, but i cant recall what it was called.

ANYWAY, as the game progressed, he totally owned me. i never got in a good position to shoot at him with the majority of my troops, so he suffered minor casualties. all my troops were dead....except my multi-melta devastator marine. i had moved him into a ruins terrain piece, and the gaunts had just surrounded him. they assaulted.

here comes the hilarious part: they could never score any wounds on him. theyd hack and slash, and he'd get armor save after armor save after armor save. he'd hit back, not doing really any better. but my friend just kept PILING gaunt minis around my MM mini, trying to get the most of his units in CC with my MM marine. soon, he was piling gaunts on top of my model, which was a funny sight tbh. (is that even allowed?)

THE MARINE NEVER GOT KILLED. i rolled the dice to see if the game would go on after a looooong time of this, and i finally got a break and rolled the lucky number, and thus the game ended. my friend didnt succeed his objective in the game, so i won!

that was the funniest thing i have ever seen tbh.

'sucks that i cant remember the scenario, though :\

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Something like this happened again! I was fighting Tau. I had deep-striked my CC master at the other side of the board to take out 2 squads of firewarriors that were getting annoying. After killing them he had to run back to my side to fight the Tau commander. I knew it would take about 6 turns to get him there and there was no way my master could catch the commander (he had a battlesuit so he moved 6" in the assault phase). So I ran my dreadnought in CC with the commander squad. He had about 3 shield drones protecting him and they had to take all the hits. On the first turn I killed 2 of them. Then while my master was running to catch the commander the dreadnought the squad there. The ONE shield drone didn't die from the dreadnought in CC (it had a DCCW too!) finally the drone died about one turn away but it was still enough to drive the commander into a corner. That was the only time I've ever wanted an enemy model to stay alive.

·
Registered
178 Posts
arghh

well, for the sake of comedy i played nids with a RG cc army!, i had a veterans squad with alot of power weaps, a CC termie squad,and Shrikes wing (although it was a small game not over 1,500 points) I charged his genestelars with my Vets, (with commander) it was a masacreade and i plowed through with 1 casualtie, my Shrikes wing killed a hive tyrant and consolidated to some termagaunts, He deepstruck 3 lictors into terrain, therefore i went first at assault and the lictors KO'ed all my shrikes wing! at the end i had 1 lightning clawed CC termie against endless reiforcments of Nids (special rule) he killed 201 points of nids before he went down!,

this reminds me, when played with Daemonhunters,Daemons keep coming back at the edge of the board, 12 turns past before my grey knights in power armour, where all laid dead, amazing!

·
Registered
648 Posts
My lone jump pack master with lightning claws killed a super melee carnifex in close combat once as he never failed his invulnerable halo save even after being charged by the 3 squads of hormagaunts close by for the next 3 turns..after the carni went down he kept killing enough gaunts to clear the area so my opponent wouldn't get any attacks that turn and pile in since I won the assault. An assault squad came to bail him out after at least 2/3rds of one brood was whittled down.

the much more heroic story was my last game actually.

On the first turn an entire devestator squad of 3 rockets and a lascannons with four more marines rapidfiring bolters & a landraider fired on a flying hive tyrant.......it survived with one wound and I used all my heavy firepower already. TAking the chance of not shooting the incoming hormagaunts a small 5 man bolter squad rapidfired into the hive tyrant (note that it had the warp shield).....and only one hit.....and then that one bullet wounded.....and then he failed his
2+ save and died. I have officaily decked that one marine out with tyranid trophies to remind me of that shooting phase.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I dont plays marines but i damn well respect them!

this is from third Ed.\
a ten man sqaud of black templar piled out of a landraider crusader that my hammerhead had just blown up

then from inside a forest, 6 of my tau stealth suits fired 18 str5 shots into the marines, now they r good, but i did not expect them to kill 9 marines leaving only one with a rocket left.

Now it gets good for the marines, the rocket launcher guy missed every shot made all his leadership checks and saves until the sixth turn where he failed one, rushed into melee (B. T. after all) and continued to use his only two attacks to bludgeon two elite tau warriors to death with the butt of his rocket launcher (or fists if you prefer) now turns out that those 2 30 point models gave just a enough VP to kill me.

Nothing moves a space marine, except for machine gun fire easily mistaten for a swarm of angry bees. we honored that marine by placing a (convienantly, this itme we found in a gutter next to jack in the box eaarly that day) bunble bee sticker to his arm plate. he has been dubbed "Bees"

Bees later killed a broadside in melee, and managed to survive three turns with a broodlord in cc thanks to bad rolling on my part

·
975 Posts
I got you all beat. A scout sergent with termi honors ( had spare points) by himself ( his squad was dead) took out 5 ork bikers in a couple close combate phases (he won in there assault then mine then theirs againt). I mean this guy survived the charge of 7 ork bikes - killed 2 in shooting from cover and the shooting of 7 twin linked "ork heavy bolters." He prevented the orks from capturing the only table quarter that wasn't contested and since he was the only model in and within 6 inches of the quarter the "ref" gave me the table quarter and I won by those victory points minus one. Phew close call saved by a scout sergent. He is now part of my xenos hunter squad remodeled of course.

·
Slave to the flesh
3,354 Posts
My best was recently- 10 wulfen and a wolf priest (base + plasma pistol) took out 22 terminators and an emporers champion in the course of 1 game!

They were on fire, it took a terminator assault squad (who the wulfen killed), a chaplin and the EC (the EC and my preist killed each other) to stop them.

Thats over 700 points dead from a 240 point unit and a 110 point priest!

·
Registered
214 Posts
I as well have a pretty peculiar story.

I was taking a suicide run to hold the enemy (take and hold mission), all my opponent had left was a GK termie squad (6) led by a GM, a total squad number of seven. I was planning to charge them with my 10 man assault squad but then decided to shoot first, 10 shots, 10 hits and surprisingly 9 wounds. The GK player makes nine saving throws..... He misses 7 of them! All dead, and I win the game.
And that, ladies and gents is how I took out a GK terminator squad with bolt pistols!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Im a player of S.M. and C.S.M. i have done a few things with both:

I had a 210 point chaos Lord take out 15 wolfen with out getting a scratch then ran under a hover tank (since the eldar player was just there for story line: i was allowed to run under it) to tear into his second squad of wolfen before my lords help arrived (10 chaos furies)

The second one is when my S.M. rhino ran over a carnifex (i dont know if its legal but we all agreed on it, even the nids player)

And the third one was when my heavy weapons team (S.M.) got ran over and in a last stand i decided to take out a land raider with a missle launcher lol.

Those are just some of the cooler things that happened, ill update with the rest later.

·
Registered
52 Posts
My rhino is useless most of the time, always being blown up by lucky glancing hits ( smoke launchers).But when it works, it works!

It has won a game for me twice. Once it rounded a building, and fired at an obliterator at max range. 2 shots, 2 hits a wound and a failed armour save later it was dead.2+ save! One wound had been taken off already.

3 days ago it took a hammerhead out. Two storm bolters (as i had some points left) fired at the rear. 3 hits, one six and then another took it out!

But my venerable dreadnought was taken out by a single gun drone in the same game. He rolled a six to hit, a six to glance and a six to blow it. I made him re-roll as it was venerable and he rolled another six. Ridiculous!

·
Banned
2,425 Posts
Mmm... I once killed a T7 W5 2+ save Carnifex with 8 assault marines on the charge... I scored 11 wounds before saves, and that was without the power fist attacking... That same assualt squad was pulled to the ground the next turn by about 3 broods of Gaunts, but not before causing a lot of damage. That was a cool scene, lol.

·
Registered
49 Posts
My Venerable TLLC, ML, TH Dread went to town on my friend's SoB mech list the other day.

Usually, it goes boom right after it comes out to shoot, but on this rare occasion it took out a rhino, both his exorcists, immobilized his immolator, then charged his seraphim on the last turn! It was unbelievable and was easily the deciding factor in that victory. I think that's about the only time its made its points back and then some.

·
Registered
251 Posts
My scouts have served me well. The last turn of an objectives mission, and a Leman Russ was contesting a quarter I wanted. 5 scouts broke cover behind it, 4 bolt pistol shots hit the rear armour. When I rolled for the armour penetration I rolled 4 6's. Neither of us could believe it. The Russ blew up, giving me the game. I have promoted one of those scouts and he can be seen in my thread in the Painting forum...

RoV

·
Registered
648 Posts
I have one more story to add

today I was up against some tau and his two broadsides always rolled ones to wound my terminator......we say he shot the flag on top of my model because he thought it would hurt the big scary armored guy underneath.

In that same battle my veteran sergeant for assault #2 had his entire squad wiped out from drone fire and pulse riflefire by turn two and was pinned for both those turns. Turn 3 he passes his "all on your own" test, assaults the firewarriors, killed 3 and made the entire squad run off the board..consolidated into the drone squad and the next turn killed 2 and made them run off the board too.

·
975 Posts
Well on the subject of squishing things under tank treads my gaming group were plaing a special mission where you had to go through a maze and get out though one of the exit lanes so the maze was built in 12" by 12" blocks (yeah it was huge played on the floor of a newly made basement tile floor) anyway my opponets squad of Chosen Chaos terminators all aspiring champions rounded the corner and were about to escape and I couldn't hope to kill 10 of them with shooting 5 storm bolters and the guns on the landraider so id decided to tankshock them at least this would buy me and my partner some time well it turns out they failed thier LD test and a whole squad of termies were squashed including the chaos lord. It made him so made since chaos have insane leadership and the squad was at full strenght and had a lord with. It was funny.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts