Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
übertyrant
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I though I'd share some pics of my be'lakor here. He's almost finished; I just need to check for any small mistakes and correct them, and start thinking about a good base for him . Here's some pics of him in strong daylight.

front

closeup

a side shot

back

his fancy sword

·
Librarian from Hell
4,133 Posts
That is one beautiful model, I wish one day to paint it myself *sigh...time and money*
I think you've made a nice and clean paintjob, but it might lack a little when it comes to depth. Try to give him some shading by using a suitable magic-looking colour, like blue or purple, use lots of water and focus on the deepest rescesses. It's often reffered to as a wash and it gives a good result quite fast.

·
is coming out to play
991 Posts
That is one beautiful model, I wish one day to paint it myself *sigh...time and money*
I think you've made a nice and clean paintjob, but it might lack a little when it comes to depth. Try to give him some shading by using a suitable magic-looking colour, like blue or purple, use lots of water and focus on the deepest rescesses. It's often reffered to as a wash and it gives a good result quite fast.
That is exactly what I was going to say. Just a little shading needs to be done, then it will look better than it already does.

·
Blood Boy
3,643 Posts
He is good looking. Your colour scheme is weel chosen, I like the way he is much lighter. I have always thoght about getting Belakor but was unsure of how to paint him, light colours is good. I think I agree with the other two that he needs more shading. I would suggest that you use a fine detail brush and some watered down paint of your choosing and do some shaing. Areas like the chaos star on his chest need a little bit of a darker colour around them. You could consider some more white highlights too.

Very good work, rep for thee!;Y

·
Thread Killer!
2,642 Posts
In regards to the shading I would suggest this:

When you use an ink glaze - use it early on in your painting and then paint up your highlight layers leaving the ink in the deepest recesses. This will give a good shading and not have the ink streaking over the top surfaces. By keeping the ink thin you can build up the shade to how you want it - with a much less glossy sheen to it. To prevent pooling I would recommend wicking off quite a bit of the ink from the brush. You will most likely have to add a couple of layers though.

Overall a pretty clean job which is the biggest step towards a nice looking model. If the model isn't too secure on the base I would probably recommend removing it, building the model and then pinning the model to the base.

I would also recommend lightening the skulls, leaving the brown in the recesses of the eye sockets, etc.

Otherwise good job so far!

cheers,

-Mike

·
Lord of Purple
933 Posts
Most of what needs to be said already has, but one thing makes me feel the need to comment on this. And that is the colour scheme. It's probably the most unique colourscheme I have ever seen used on Be'Lakor, and I'll rep you for that ;). Originality is the thing that stands out to me even more than a nice paintjob, and that's something you've got ;Y.

·
Fury of the Ages
753 Posts
I think you need to control your wash/glaze shading a bit more too. In places, you seem to have put it on spots that are raised up, rather than the recesses. And in other places, it seems to have been put on the entire surface.

From what you have now, I would work a bit darker shade into the recesses between muscles and little crooks, then maybe an even darker shade into these spots again, just to give it plenty of definition.

The spines on his back could use a bit more work too, maybe just darken up the bits where it meets the skin on his back, to really separate the colours. :)

Where different colours meet (like an armour plate and skin), you shouldn't really let the actual colours meet each other anywhere, but the shades should meet. For example, a light blue surface touching a light green surface. If painted to meet each other, then they will just blend in.
But if there is a darker blue and green o the spot where the colours meet, it divides the two, and gives good definition.

Hope you can understand that... I tried. :p

The rest looks good though! Nice job! 8Y

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.