RAWR! KROXIGOR!!
1,935 Posts
Cd hero, GW 1+ armour 94 p
:party:

19 warriors ,stand champ war banner
I don't think you need the champion.

Try and incease to 15.

20 hobgoblins fullcommand, full armour 110 p
Drop all upgrades. 4+ save does not justify doubled cost (in my opinion). Double their numbers though mabye.

2x 10 hobgoblins 2x20p
Combine into one unit mabye? Making for a total 60 hobgoblins in 3 units (this is really cheesy but awsome),

death rocket
Swap for Bolt Throwers.

earth shacker
:party:

Other things to think about is mabye droping something for a BSB or getting magic defense (probably not needed at 750 points but when/if you expand you will need it).

·
LO Zealot
2,610 Posts
my list
Cd hero, GW 1+ armour 94 p

core
19 warriors ,stand champ war banner

11 BBs

20 hobgoblins fullcommand, full armour 110 p

2x 10 hobgoblins 2x20p

special

death rocket

rare

earth shaker

?
I think the blunderbuss is a mistake - they aren't that good and with limited range, don't get to fire but maybe 2x a game (if your opponent lets you stand and shoot)

Mostly I agree with Kroxigor
I would reduce the numbers of your CD and maybe get 2 units of 15. You probably don't need the champions, or even musicians. make your hobgoblins super cheap and get as many as you can. They can be screens, ranked units, flankers, whatever. They're invaluable. Death rocket stinks in my opinion, so the bolt throwers are probably a better bet. When you go bigger - get bull centaur heroes/bsb they're superb.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Sorry, I know it's necromancy, forgot to look at date....

I think the blunderbuss is a mistake - they aren't that good and with limited range, don't get to fire but maybe 2x a game (if your opponent lets you stand and shoot)
Blunderbusses aren't a mistake. You can shoot one unit 4 times in 2 turns if your smart.

1. Your turn you shoot, halve their movement with earthshaker
  2. IF they charge, they should fail, S&S
  3. You fire again (no need to earthshaker unless difficult terrain is in between, if so 6 "turns" are possible)
  4. They charge in you S&S
That is enough to cause major panic IF you can make them 15 strong for the lovely S5.

Hob-gobs don't need armor, and you're smart with only one Hob-gob standard.

2 stone throwers isn't cheesy, there just isn't too much you should be hitting with them at 750 points. Play a couple of games, see how 2 BT would do instead and use the 20 extra points from that and the rest from the hob-gob armor to add to your Blunderbusses.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts