Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm quite new in the world of Warhammer 40K, and I just wanna hear what some veterans wants to say 'bout this Chaos army (but if you change it, don't dare take it over 1000pts.):

Brothers of Axis legion recruit army 1004 points

HQ:

Chaos Lieutenant Alistair of the Brothers of Axis 116 points
Frag Grenades, Mark of Chaos Undivided, Pair of Lightning Claws,
Personal Icon, Terminator Armour.

Elites:

8 Chosen of Chaos Undivided 184 points
Aspiring Champion w. Bolt Pistol and Close Combat Weapon,
Bolters, Close Combat Weapons, Daemon Icon,
Mark of Chaos Undivided, Plasma Gun.

6 Plaguebearers of Nurgle 96 points
Daemonic Venom, Nurgle’s Rot.

Troops:

8 Chaos Space Marines 138 points
Bolters, Close Combat Weapons, Frag Grenades,

8 Chaos Space Marines 134 points
Bolt Pistols, Close Combat Weapons, Flamer, Frag Grenades,
Mark of Chaos Undivided.

Fast attack:

6 Raptors of Chaos 186 points
Bolt Pistols, Close Combat Weapons, Daemonic Flight,
Daemonic Visage, Flamer, Frag Grenades, Hit and Run,
Krak Grenades, Mark of Chaos Undivided.

Heavy support:

Chaos Defiler 150 points
Battle Cannon, Heavy Flamer, Reaper Autocannon.

So, waddaya think?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Good all round list, not much I can really say about it. I'd probably take a Predator instead of the Defiler, but thats more personal taste than anything. Cant imagine that list doing badly at all...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by Vindkall@Sep 13 2003, 07:44
Btw, deamons are troops and not elites
Yeah, I know daemon are troops, but my commander are undivided and Plaguebearers are Nurgle they become elites.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Some comments on rules:
Models in terminator armour can't take frag grenades;
The Cult units becoming elites only counts for Chaos space marines, Daemon packs are always troops.

The army is okay, but you need anti-tank power. I'd ditch the Chosen, as they aren't anything special when configured this way, they're just overpriced Chaos space marines. Get a heavy weapon in the bolter-wielding squad, preferably a lascannon because you lack AT weapons (get rid of their frag grenades, as they have bolters they're a shooty unit). Get one or two meltaguns in the Raptor squad for the same reason.
Something you might consider is using a Lieutenant without terminator armour, let him join the pistol-wielding squad and mount them in a rhino (and give that squad a meltagun in addition to the flamer, makes a good combo).
Like Al Venom, I'd personally use a predator with lascannons instead of the Defiler, but if it works for you, keep it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by BorninDarkness@Sep 14 2003, 13:00
Some comments on rules:
Models in terminator armour can't take frag grenades;
The Cult units becoming elites only counts for Chaos space marines, Daemon packs are always troops.

The army is okay, but you need anti-tank power. I'd ditch the Chosen, as they aren't anything special when configured this way, they're just overpriced Chaos space marines. Get a heavy weapon in the bolter-wielding squad, preferably a lascannon because you lack AT weapons (get rid of their frag grenades, as they have bolters they're a shooty unit). Get one or two meltaguns in the Raptor squad for the same reason.
Something you might consider is using a Lieutenant without terminator armour, let him join the pistol-wielding squad and mount them in a rhino (and give that squad a meltagun in addition to the flamer, makes a good combo).
Like Al Venom, I'd personally use a predator with lascannons instead of the Defiler, but if it works for you, keep it.
OK, I'll change that, but what then is the point of Word Bearers using all types of Daemons?

Yeah, I discovered that the tanks are a problem, might add some meltas or similiar.
Do you want me to add a lieutnant or change my present?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, I've done some changes now, what do you think?

Brothers of Axis legion, army of Chaos Undivided 1000 points

HQ:

Chaos Lieutenant Alistair Axis 95 points
Mark of Chaos Undivided, Pair of Lightning Claws,
Terminator Armour.

Chaos Lieutenant Andreas Axis 100 points
Daemon Armour, Mark of Chaos Undivided, Plasma Pistol,
Power Weapon.

Troops:

8 Chaos Space Marines 145 points
Bolters, Close Combat Weapons, Lascannon,

8 Chaos Space Marines 144 points
Bolt Pistols, Close Combat Weapons, Flamer,
Frag Grenades, Mark of Chaos Undivided, Meltagun.

Chaos Rhino 50 points
Combi-bolter.

Fast attack:

6 Raptors of Chaos 206 points
Bolt Pistols, Close Combat Weapons, Daemonic Flight,
Daemonic Visage, Flamer, Frag Grenades, Hit and Run,
Krak Grenades, Mark of Chaos Undivided, 2 Meltaguns.

Heavy support:

Chaos Predator 145 points
Lascannon sponsons, twin-linked lascannon.

Chaos Dreadnought 115 points
Close Combat Weapon with twin-linked bolter,
Plasma cannon.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Looks good, only a few things I'd change:
Drop the termie Lieutenant to save up some points (2 HQ is a bit much for 1,000 pts anyway);
give the other Lieutenant Daemonic Aura rather than Armour, it'll probably do you more good;
give both the rhino and the dreadnought extra armour and smoke, see this as standard equipment :) ;
give the Raptor squad a champion, preferably with 2 lightning claws for marine/necron killing goodness :) .
C'est ca!

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
You could take both, if you have enough points. Usually do I don't consider Daemonic Armour worth the cost for characters.
If you don't have the BBB, then get it now. You can't play without knowing the rules.

·
Registered
130 Posts
i dont know how you play, but it seems to me that your whole army is basically moving 6", with your raptors moving forward at 12"

i get the idea that the raptors are just going to run in and die, without any CC support... if this is the case, maybe you should re-think this squad choice, because the squad is just over one fifth of your whole army, and you dont want to use it to make a piecemeal-ish attack :eek:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Originally posted by Alistair Axis@Sep 18 2003, 06:25
So, what else do you suggest? Another Rhino?
ya and maybe another rhino but then if u were get another squad of marines... i say you should either take out raptors and get more....a lot of raptors or none

·
Registered
34 Posts
i dont mean to flood, but one more thign (this will be my last post here), ifu get a predot and u get 3 lascannons overall on it, take out reaper auto on defiler and switch with twin linked lascannons, lots of lascannons :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.