Total: 287pts

Assult Squad (8) 125pts
- Plasma Gun 10pts
- Flamer 6pts
- Frag Gernades 8pts
- Infiltrate 24pts
- Power Weapon 10pts
Total: 183pts
(thier just normal space marines I just use them to assult.)

Chaos Havocs (5) 83pts
- Lascannon 35pts
- Autocannon 20pts
- Missle Launcher 20pts
- Heavy Bolter 15pts
- Tank Hunters 15pts
Total: 188pts

Dreadnaught 75pts
- Lascannons 50pts
Total: 125pts

Defiler 150pts
- Mutated Hull 30pts
Total: 180pts

ARMY TOTAL: 1493
(all squads have thier mark and champ paid for in thier initial squad cost)

·
Registered
969 Posts
Khorne can't have any havocs or bikers... i'm 99.99% sure of the havocs but i'm only about 50% sure for the bikes.

Other than that i think it looks good but you may want to have bornin review it... but if bornin sees it it will be moved to the army lists forum.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bikers can have the mark of khorne. The havocs on the other hand can't. Hence they have no mark of khorne in my army. This isn't a world eaters army just one based around mainly khorne models. So they are not restricted to use only models that bear the mark of khorne.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Personnly I would only use the havoc squad with a single weapon type. And I would probbly go with Missle Launchers as I am a very strong supporter of em, maybe give them tank hunters. Or if you want more anti infantry power to soften up squads before you assault them, auto cannons or heavy bolters would also be good.

·
Registered
353 Posts
The problem with that verstitly though is when your firing at say a tank, there only being half as effective as they had a single weapon. Say your firing that squad at a land raider. The auto cannon and heavy bolter are just waisting there shots, and what if your firing at howling banshees, this time the lascannon and missle launcher are waisting there shots, over all its better to specilise squads then try to make them flexable like you did, and if want versitle then all the more reason to go with missle launchers, since they have two difrent shots.Also I just noted that the prices are a bit off for the weaponry. Might want to check your math there. (Havocs have to pay more for their weaponry)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
good call slayer, I must have been looking at the Chaos Space Marines section when I did that. As for the missle launchers I guess you have a good point there. But since my ultimate goal is to go completely khorne. That squad will be phased out soon anyway, as soon as I can buy some more models. So i don't think I'm going to waste the cash on models that I will be phasing out soon.

·
Registered
130 Posts
also, being picky here... i dont actually own the CSM codex, but going off other SM and daemonhunter's codex... does it say the Chaos Lord; Weapons: bolter and power weapon.. or anything like that? or does it say that 'he is able to purchase any weapons from the armoury.. cos that means they dont come with anything

so ur lord has a flamer... thats it :/ unless daemonic stature makes them some sort of monstorous creature, ignoring armour saves... or something

still nice to give two CCW's (or like pistol+CCW) for the extra attack

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
He's in terminator armour so he's not going to get an extra attack. Also the flamer is a combi-flamer...... not just a normal flamer.... I know I wrote flamer... But I know what I mean. His main purpose is to get into close combat. he'll run up shoot off his flamer into the squad then charge them. It's worked pretty good for me so far. Especially since alot of people out here in anchorage use IG. Also in close combat he does ignore armour saves cause of his daemonic stature.. He also penetrates with a 2d6 plus strength.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Gah I wonder why I didn't notice this earlyer... I must be off, your lord is illiegal, as lords in termie aromour can NOT take stature (didn't even notice he had it before heh...) I really wouldn't recomnd taking that lord as stature baiscly paints a big sign on him that says SHOOT ME. And due to the nature of stature the enemy can. My suggestion? Well with the points you dropped from the Termie aroumer and if you drop the combi flamer youll just need to drop 5 some points else where in order to take the berserker glaive. A very nice weapon that gives your lord a 4++ which should increase his surviablity. Other choices include dropping stature, keeping the termie aromour and buying him a power weapon. Or Dropping Stature and finding 10 more points to get some other daemon weapon such as dark blade. Personnly I would also try to give him flight if you rely on him to get into cc that way he can get their with reliable speed.
If your going for a cheap lord thats decent in CC I would probbly just go for a lord with Mark of Khorne a bolt pistol, a power weapon, and daemonic strength if you feel like putting out a few more points, this results in a nice amount of attacks that ignore saves and wound most things on 3+s if you got strength. All for about 100 ish points.
Also a few other things I just noticed, your squads sizes are 12 and if you want the magic number your going to have to use multiples of 7, and this nets you a free ac, Note that this only applies when you actually do a world eaters army. Also as I give your stuff a closer look I notice your math is off quite a bit, you might want to double check your point costs (i.e. your defiler)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Your right... about my lord, I didn't notice he couldn't take stature......... oh well I've only been playing for a little while I'm bound to make some mistakes. The only reason he's in termi armour was cuz I ran out of models since I'm still building my army. I had one extra terminator sitting around so I just made him the lord. Working on changing it though as well as the defiler cost. Thanks for the input.....

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok...... here goes one more try. I mean that's why I posted my army is so that I can get it down right. I just made it before I posted it so thier was bound to be some problems. Take a look at it and tell me what you think now.....

Thanks for the input slayer.........

I don't like cheesy players so I would have hated to actually take that initial setup in the way it was to begin with..... Good eye on catching what I didn't...

·
Registered
969 Posts
Originally posted by EnderUSAF@Oct 3 2003, 11:16
Bikers can have the mark of khorne. The havocs on the other hand can't. Hence they have no mark of khorne in my army. This isn't a world eaters army just one based around mainly khorne models. So they are not restricted to use only models that bear the mark of khorne.
Ok, next time tho be sure to say that you are using an undivided army and not a KHORNE army... ;)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well thier led by a khorne lord...... so Thier kinda a khorne army.... but they have some squads that are un dedicated...... I said in the title description that they arne't World Eaters. So that would mean that I'm not restricted to use only units that have the mark.....

·
Registered
969 Posts
I think you have to have a lord with the mark of chaos undivided to have a non-khorne army with khorne units in it.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Little rant: I hate armies that are mainly of one cult but still use havocs for instance (stuff the real Cult Legions can't use).

Now we got that out of the way:
Models with Stature can't use grenades;
your bikers are marked yet have 2 veteran skills.
So that's 2 illegal thingies :p .

Your havocs are also rather useless with such a mix, specialize them in either anti troops or anti vehicles, or if you want versatility use 4 autocannons or missile launchers with tank hunters.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Got rid of the gernades, and got rid of skilled riders. The only reason I'm using havocs right now is because I just don't have anymore models then what's posted. So I use them to take up points. I long term goal for them is to go completly world eaters. So as soon as I can buy more models then they will be out of the army as well as the infiltrating squad. I don't even have them painted the same scheme as the rest of my army. I just recently decided to play Khorne. Since when I first started I didn't know what I wanted to play I bought a little bit of everything. I have some units that I eventually want to phase out. I think I even stated earlier that I wanted to phase these units out as soon as I can afford to. Everyone out here tends to play with 1500pts though. So with these being all the figures I have for now, I'm using havocs and an infiltrating squad. I plan of phasing these out and adding another bike squad and some bloodletters, plus some more berzerkers. Maybe even a pure close combat dreadnaught.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.