Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
7 x DA w/
1 x Exarch w/ Bladestorm, Double Catapult

8 x DA w/
1x Exarch w/ Bladestorm, Double Catapult

3 x Vyper w/ double cannons

The idea here is to stay behind cover (LOS) and get the enemy to get close or move out of position.

Meanwhile my Vypers get behind whatever vehicles my opponent has and try to destroy them using their large volumes of fire.

When the enemy troops get close I'll blade storm them.

The key to victory would be getting the first hit.

45 str 4 shots that hit on 3 would wipe any squad.

The weakness of this army is its lack of anti - tank / armor.

I was thinking of putting in some Spiders or a war walker to replace the Vypers incase they don't work out.

·
4,967 Posts
I would get 20 dire avengers with no exarchs. You get 55 shots every other turn whereas 20 vanilla DAs get 40 shots each turn and have 3 extra wounds. Once your units take casualties the vanilla DAs become even better.

I wouldn't wory about a lack of anti armour. In combat patrol the most serious threat is a chimera due to the total armour value restrictions. Chimeras die very easily to 6xSt6 shots on their flank armour and you have 18xSt6 shots available!

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Mad Cat, I might be mistaken but aren't those shurican cannons on the vypers, and don't shurican cannons have a strength of five not six? (Scatter laser's have strength of six, I don't remember the shurican cannon being that good.)

Also, where did you get fifty five shots from for the avengers, doesn't bladestorm increase the total number of shots the squad fires in one turn; putting the total shots at over sixty in one go?

Out of curiosity Sandro, what is your total points anyway?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Mad Cat, I might be mistaken but aren't those shurican cannons on the vypers, and don't shurican cannons have a strength of five not six? (Scatter laser's have strength of six, I don't remember the shurican cannon being that good.)
Str 6 Ap 5

Also, where did you get fifty five shots from for the avengers, doesn't bladestorm increase the total number of shots the squad fires in one turn; putting the total shots at over sixty in one go?
Lets add it up

7 x DA w/
1 x Exarch w/ Bladestorm, Double Catapult

14 shots plus 4 from the Exarch=18 Total Shots
7 Models

8 x DA w/
1x Exarch w/ Bladestorm, Double Catapult

16 shots plus 4 from the exarch=20 total shots
8 Models

48 Total Shots with 15 Models
Making it 63 shots with bladestorm.

Out of curiosity Sandro, what is your total points anyway?
7 x DA w/
1 x Exarch w/ Bladestorm, Double Catapult-116pts

8 x DA w/
1x Exarch w/ Bladestorm, Double Catapult-128pts

3 x Vyper w/ double cannons-180pts

Total=424

For a combat control I have to agree with mad cat. Bladestorm is more of a tactic working with DAs in a Wave Serpent or a Falcon. If they are footslogging then it is better to fire every turn.

Try out this list

9 Dire Avengers-108pts

9 Dire Avengers-108pts

3 Vypers-180pts
Each with 2x Shurkien Cannon

Total=396

You lose out on the Exarchs, but you get a constant 36 shots per turn and it's under the 400 point cap for combat control. You get to keep your Vypers too!

Enjoy!

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
First things first, remove that statline for shurican cannons before a mod has to do it; I was asking whether or not the strength of the cannon was five as I had believed, or the six that it is. (Posting the gun's statline is against forum rules.)

48 Total Shots with 15 Models
Making it 63 shots with bladestorm.
That first number should actually be thirty eight SR, the second number would be sixty one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.