Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, this thread is supposed for every DE player here to introduce himslef and his army.

I'm 20 years old, live in Germany and play DE, well, for a while now. I own about 2200pts painted and some more unpainted stuff, some nice conversions. I use the color scheme of the Black Hearts.

My typical list looks like this:

1 Archon (HQ) @ 170 Pts
Power Weapon (x1)
Hell Mask
Tormentor Helm
Combat Drugs
Shadow Field
Reaver Jetbike

9 Wyches (Elites) @ 218 Pts
Splinter P. & CCW (x7); Blaster (x2)

1 Succubus
Agoniser (x1); Splinter Pistol (x1)

1 Raider
Disintegrator

9 Wyches (Elites) @ 218 Pts
Splinter P. & CCW (x7); Blaster (x2)

1 Succubus

1 Raider
Disintegrator

9 Raider Squad (Troops) @ 181 Pts
Splinter Rifle (x7); Splinter Cannon (x1); Blaster (x1)

1 Sybarite

1 Raider
Disintegrator

9 Raider Squad (Troops) @ 181 Pts
Splinter Rifle (x7); Splinter Cannon (x1); Blaster (x1)

1 Sybarite

1 Raider
Dark Lance
Horrorfex

6 Raider Squad (Troops) @ 123 Pts
Splinter Rifle (x4); Splinter Cannon (x1); Blaster (x1)

1 Raider
Dark Lance
Horrorfex

6 Raider Squad (Troops) @ 133 Pts
Splinter Rifle (x4); Splinter Cannon (x1); Blaster (x1)

1 Raider
Dark Lance
Screaming Jets

6 Reaver Jetbikes (Fast Attack) @ 235 Pts
Splinter Pistol; Splinter Rifle (x4); Blaster (x2)

1 Succubus
Power Weapon (x1); Splinter Rifle
#Reaver Jetbike
Haywire Grenades
Tormentor Helm

1 Ravager (Heavy Support) @ 120 Pts
Disintegrator (x3)

1 Ravager (Heavy Support) @ 120 Pts
Disintegrator (x3)

Models in Army: 68

Total Army Cost: 1699

jwu

·
Registered
2 Posts
New De and 40k

OK I have found sooo little on DE, it is real discouraging.

What draws me to DE is the fact they take prisoners <exceeelllent>. Problem is that I have not seen one thread or comment on the idea that DE could convert some of these 'prisoners' into troops for their own purposes. Fodder if you will.

I love the idea of an IG squad with the fins, spikes, and splinter cannons running across the field to slaughter their friends. Hell, even adding a few Tyranid gaunts (any type) to a Warp beast pack or Beast master controlled squad (on a leash like).

I am planning on keeping a running total of kills and modeling some "Con-verts" to bother my friends who have been trying to get me to play for years. I am more the "ooooh pretty painting!" type than the power games so I should lose a lot starting out, lol.

OK here is the query. Are there rules somewhere for this sort of thing? I see Kroot Mercenaries and Human Helpers for the Tau but can I just convert and play a catachan (sp?) squad or some squigs? Points and power arent the focus, just looking for some cool modeling options and to bug my friends to no end.

Can't wat to get an Avatar powered Talos, and a few Tyrant guards for my Wyche retinue. So if there are rules, where and how much would something like this cost me point wise???

More to come thanks for the time to post.

RedOtter
defigueroa[email protected]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Okay,

I'm 15 years old and I am Dutch, I play dark eldar(for 1 year) and daemonhunters(just started), I've got a 2500 pts DE army...

and this is my favourite list :rolleyes:

Archon+
Punisher, poisoned blades, animus vitae, combat drugs, shadow field, trophy rack, tormentor helm....160 pts
Retinue, 4incubi, 4warriors, drahzar, incubi master+
2 splinter cannon, hell mask, trophy rack, poisoned blades...300

Haemonculus+
Scissorhand, Punisher, hell mask, tormentor helm, trophy rack...85

Haemonculus+
stinger, destructor, hell mask, tormentor helm, trophy rack...60

Haemonculus+
scissorhand, destructor, hell mask, tormentor helm, trophy rack...65

17Wyches, succubus+
2 shredders, wych weapons, trophy rack , poisoned blades, tormentor helm...195

5Warp beasts, beastmaster...75

15warriors, sybarite+
2 splinter cannons, hell mask, tormentor helm, trophy rack, poisoned blades...174
this unit x3

5scourges, sybarite+
4splintercannon, poisoned blades, tormentor helm, punisher, webway portal, trophy rack, archanel of pain...377

Talos...100

Deep strike with scourges open webway portal behind enemy.....and kill :p

·
Registered
16 Posts
the dark eldar take their prisoners and use them as play things...usually killing large numbers of them to create an orcestra (sp?) of screams and pain to please their lord...often a Heamonculus takes some prisoners and creates Grotesgues and Talos out of them...so you are allowed to take models from other armys and converte them into Grots or a Talos...the specs are those of the coresponding conversion...i have a few of my buddies space marines and tyranids that i am going to convert into Grots...pretty cool heh

·
Registered
517 Posts
Im 16 and live in Texas "Yee-Haw!!!"...though i moved here from California...so Cowabunga dude...but anyways i've been into 40k for about 3 years now, here's my DE army. They have a Midnight Blue base with shining gold and mithril silver for the armor plates and blades...fun stuff eh?

THE KABAL OF THE ROYAL SCIMITAR

HQ
Dark Eldar Retinue
-1 Archon w/ shadowfield & combat drugs & agoniser & splinter pistol
-6 Incubi w/ punishers
-1 Raider w/ dark lance
=====336pts

Elites
Wych Squad
-8 wyches w/ wych weapons
-1 succubus w/ agonizer & goblet of spite
-1 raider w/ dark lance
=====210

Wych Squad
-8 wyches w/ wych weapons
-1 succubus w/ agonizer & goblet of spite
-1 raider w/ dark lance
=====210

Troops
Warrior Squad
-8 warriors w/ splinter rifles
-2 warriors w/ dark lances
=====100 pts

Warrior Squad
=====100 pts

Warrior Squad
=====100 pts

Fast Attack
Reaver Jetbike Squad
-3 reavers w/ splinter rifles
-2 reavers w/ blasters
-1 succubus w/ Agonizer & Haywire Grenades & goblet of spite
=====220pts

Heavy Support
-1 Talos
=====100pts

Ravager
-1 Ravager w/ 3 disentigrators
=====120pts

==========================1496pts

·
Registered
242 Posts
The good thing about DE is that Warriors are cheap since so many ppl have excess from when they start! I have an army like this

HQ
Archon, S.Field, Agoniser+SP

Elite
3x5 Wyches, 2 Blasters, Raider w/Dis

Troops
6x10 Warriors, 2 Dark Lance

Heavy
3 Ravagers w/3 Dis

Gives me a nice shooty list. Wyches are expensive but so useful for helping out Warriors in CC by removing the opponent's extra CC weapon. I have a thing for many small squads over few large mobs. So much more flexible!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm running the Kabal of the Indescribable Itch, lead by Archon Lord Cru'X. Here's my 1850 point RTT army:

HQ - 293 points (16%)

Dracon - Agonizer, Splinter Pistol, Combat Drugs, Shadow Field & Plasma Grenades (Dracon rides w/but quickly separates from Wych squad) - 108 points

Haemonculi (3) - 2 w/Destructors and 1 w/Stinger, all 3 w/Scissorhand and 1 Raider with Dark Lance & Horrorfex (1 Hammie takes Raider w/Grotesque squad, other 2 each ride w/Raider Squads) - 185 points

Elites - 395 points (21%)

Wych Squad - 1 Succubus w/Agonizer, 7 Wyches, all w/Wych Weapons and Plasma Grenades, riding in a Raider w/Dark Lance & Horrorfex - 200 points

Warp Beast Pack - Beastmaster w/Agonizer & Splinter Pistol and 5 warp beasts - 75 points

Grotesque Squad - 8 (rides w/Hammie in a Raider) - 120 points

Fast Attack - none (I don't like either Reavers or Hellions)

Heavy Support - 335 points (18%)

2 Talos - 200 points
1 Ravager w/1 Dark Lance, 2 Disintegrators and a Night Shield - 135 points

Troops - 827 points (45%)

3 Sniper Squads (13 Warriors, 2 armed with Dark Lances - 372 points (124 points each)

1 Warrior Squad - Sybarite w/Poison Blades, 12 Warriors, 2 w/Splinter Cannons & 2 w/Blasters - 145 points

2 Raider Squads, each w/Sybarite w/Poison Blades, 7 Warriors, 1 w/Splinter Cannons & 1 w/Blaster. Raiders are armed with Disintegrators and Horrorfexes (Destructor Hammies ride with these Squads) - 310 points (155 points each)

I've got the Archon and Incubi Retinue, but while they tend to kick some serious butt, as soon as I have one bad round of HtH, the Incubi run off the table, taking the Archon with them. In this army, while the Dracon rides with the Wyches, as soon as they're on the ground, the Dracon separates itself as an independent character.

Lord Cru'X

·
Registered
25 Posts
My army is around 3500 points total, and fully painted!!!

I've got the goblin green bases (painted over sand basing), brown unis with Red armour. All hair is bright yellow with red highlights, and skin is flesh colored (Female Dracon, female wyches and Kruellagh look Great!) - all inked and then coated for a nice shine! Lord Cru'X

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
My army The Kabal of the Poisoned Blade is currently 3 models but it will be painted jet black and utilise large numbers of warriors and some Harlequinns, It'll probably turn out to be 1500 points

·
Registered
517 Posts
hey man, who needs choices when all your options are totally badass already!...except hellions of course...and grotesques sometimes...and o yeah, mandrakes...ok nvm

yeah, i think we should have at least one other type of troop we could choose from...like an all close combat squad, or something. Some new guns would be welcome too...those space marines over there are like swiss army knives when it comes to guns...and we're like those shitty cub scout fundraiser pocket knives with one good blade and two other useless ones...o well

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It seems that you still use the old wyches, they got a rules update wich makes them the best assault troops in the entire game. At equal points they beat genestealers and khorne berzerkers.

You can get a pdf version of that update on the GW website, in chapter approved or in a certain WD issue. Note that the versions which are available for free have some differences to those for which you have to pay, the ones that you have to pay for (e.g. the latest printing of the codex) have some details changed wich makes them even better again (the point cost of wych weapons got reduced, for example).

jwu

·
Registered
93 Posts
Originally posted by RedOtter@Jan 3 2003, 10:03

Hell, even adding a few Tyranid gaunts (any type) to a Warp beast pack or Beast master controlled squad (on a leash like).

The gaunts, (or any nid) would be impossible to control,without the hive mind controlling them you'd have to point them at the enemy and hope for the best, and if you DO manage to "capture" some gaunts they definently do not have the stats of a warp beast...

Even though it is impossible to explain them fluffwise, it is a kewl idea!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.