Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As it's not possible to upload pics in the painting forum, I'll upload it here (I had wanted to upload it in the 'Tips & tricks: Painting foibles and habits...' thread), just to show you the Chaos that is my desk ;) . Though personally I believe most desks look like this, some people disagree :unsure: .

·
Lord of the Household
1,733 Posts
:lol: HAHAHA!

Can't believe how much that looks like my desk! I've even got a row of unfinished Ork boyz standing in the exact same place!

Is that the only lamp you've got? I've got two laboratory lamps - on on each side of where I sit. I think my head would hurt if I only had a small lamp like that.

Somehow I prefer a messy table... Kinda makes it easier to find stuff... :D

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Exactly, I can only find my stuff in a 'mess', if everything's cleaned up I can't find anything! I knew I wasn't the only person who's desk looked like this! You got some unfinished Orks there too? Hmm great minds think and act alike ;) ...

And yeah that's the only small light I use, but usually I have the large light in the center of the room on as well so it doesn't really matter, I got enough light.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Here's a pic of one of my desks, as you can see it just as messy as Bornins

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, next time anyone says anytihng about my desk I'll kindly show them this thread! Now I'm really sure everyone has a desk like this!
And to think sis though my desk was a mess, I wonder what hers looks like then :huh: .
* pictures an empty desk, with 5 models lined up, paint pots neatly stacked and brushes all in a special holder.
ARGH!

·
1,019 Posts
*shudder*

*reaches for flogging cane to purify himself*

Those are some desks you have there!
I use to have some unfinished orks sitting around, but they got repainted in the great mini famine of 2001.

Belial: You even have a bucket of blue stuff! what is that anyway?

Now i have to get a camera and take a picture of my desk.

·
Registered
353 Posts
My desk looks pretty mucht he same sept I got this lil clean area next to my light with all my curent projects sitting there and the last paints I been using, but other wise it looks the same. And a clean desk... how could one work under such conditions...

·
Registered
245 Posts
i just cleaned up my desk,
i have had to put warhammer aside for a while...
i'm thinking of paying a friend to finish my unfinished models...

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
My desk looks quite similar...i recently digged up some unfinished DE warp beasts - i stopped painting them when i started tyranids, because i can use the better looking hormagaunt models as warp beasts - and that was a while ago.

BorninDarkness: I mark my paint pots with a small drop of the respective paint on their top too...it's very helpful. Sometimes i also write the initials of the paint's name (using the paint) on their top, this way similar paints are easier to distinguish.

jwu

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep, saves me a lot of time, otherwise I'd have to pick up each pot to see what colour it is. Or I could store them more organised, but that's not really an option :p . I might do the initial thing too, I regularly find myself confusing red gore for scab red and vice versa.

·
DING
1,740 Posts
Yea my desk is the exact sames as the specimens shown above. The only difference is that my desk is free standing so it sits sort of in the middle of the room right under the light and so that my brother can sit at the other side and paint at the same time. So maybe that means that we are tidyer than everyone else because there are double the people but the same mess, even though bits boxes and other stuff tend to end up on the floor.
And thanks for the tip about the paint on the lid, why didn't i think of that The simplest ideas truely are the best.

·
Registered
346 Posts
damn you guys are messy. for me cleanliness is next to chaotic godliness.
Although my painting table is tiny so maybe there is something in that, and the fact for 6 odd months I used my bedside table for a painting desk
( two square feet and no where to put my legs under )

·
Registered
60 Posts
Well....i actually have bunches of schoolwork on my desk and during the school year i actually painted my units and did my homework at the same time....but since their was sometimes i got paint all over my homework my teachers weren't really happy :D

·
Registered
485 Posts
Originally posted by protocon@Jul 3 2003, 15:53
Belial: You even have a bucket of blue stuff! what is that anyway?

The blue stuff in the bucket is actually blue colored pebbles I "borrowed" from my mother.

·
Registered
301 Posts
My desk is often a mess. I clean it every couple of years.
But those are some messy desks you got there. :lol:

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
LOL people!
I got reactions from the other employees over here when they saw the desk!
It does look like mine too...
See if I'll post one of it...

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hmm, so there are people who think it's a mess. Just out of curiousity Dragonslayero, what did your colleagues say :rolleyes: ?
And Coolblueidiot, if I do homework (which is a pretty rare occasion) I just do it on my bed, so I can have the desk completely dedicated to 40K :D .

·
Registered
278 Posts
Originally posted by BorninDarkness@Jul 4 2003, 05:03
And Coolblueidiot, if I do homework (which is a pretty rare occasion) I just do it on my bed, so I can have the desk completely dedicated to 40K :D .
LOL,
I have 2 desks, one for homework and one for 40K but the only paper that touches my homework desk is my army lists! ;)

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.