Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
907 Posts
dude it's a nice model but i don't know if it really qualifies as a conversion of a devilfish.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well all alterations on a model that makes it look somewhat different from how it was intended should make it qualify as a canversion. (IMHO)

·
907 Posts
i probably am wrong but the only thing that i see is the door is open on the model and the blokie has his arm in a different position am i correct?

if so the door was designed to be able to be opened most people dont cause they tended to break off.

so in itself it is a really nice model and cause the door is open it is really unusual but i don't know if it is a conversion per se.

i do however like it so im not dissing the model just the description (slightly).

·
907 Posts
fine by me, like i said it is a really nice model.

and look out for my hammerhead conversion, your comments would be more than welcome.

(when i get the damn thing finished that is)

·
907 Posts
no but the concept is

to have 2 engines centrally located on the top and rear of the main body box.

the other 2 engines will be lowered down nearer the bottom apex and set at upside down from how they are currently mounted.

the front wings will be removed and located where the engines normally sit.

the main gun will be mounted inside the hull with a complete strip starting where you have painted the central spine red and below where the pilot ****pit sits.

this slit will run left to right to the break in the curve.
the gap that is left will be where the gun shall be mounted and the lower gap will be sealed with plasticard.

the gunners bubble where the gun is normally be mounted shall have a tau sitting in it this will be covered with the clear dome from the immolator. and this shall be mounted centrally.

thats the plan anyway.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wow why not make it complicated :p sounds like you got it figured out already! keep me posted!

·
Registered
162 Posts
This is always a nice idea, specialy in APC tanks, but i will tell (my experience) that when you show it, suddenly will appear another models very similar

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm not going to mince words here, so if you don't like constructive criticism, then please stop reading now.

I really like what you did with the firewarrior. I makes the model look a lot more dynamic and engaging.

The paint however has not been applied with patience and attention to detail. Your primer spray wasn't properly shaken until the paint was mixed and it created a very gritty surface on the vehicle. When the can says shake for two minutes, it really means shake for three minutes just to be sure that the paint is mixed thoroughly.

The rest of the paint is too thick in some area's and too thin in others (Especially the red).

Slow down, take your time and use nice even brush strokes to make sure that the paint doesn't "blob up". Red is a color that you must be extra patient with. It will take many coats of red to paint over a black surface. Attempting to put as much thick, red paint on as you can in one pass will only result in a bad looking finish.

Again, I'm not trying to insult you. I'm just hoping to give you a little technical advice to help you improve.

Worlds Collide

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah i know i am going to fix the red later today. but you cant see it when they are on the game table :D and i have a short patience when painting.. :D want it up and running in no time.

think i esembled and painted it in under 2 h

·
Favored of Tzeentch
3,140 Posts
It looks better IRL, the pic looks a little corny. Oh, and it is dusty, you should wipe it with a damp cloth on the top before we go to the RTT.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah ive noticed that too.

well ive finished another devil fish today ^^ and i was thinking about that tip about aplying water to the paint and to be hones ive never even tryed to mix it with water... D: maybee in the future!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looks pretty cool to me. Did you varnish it? It looks really shiny! :shifty:

·
Registered
242 Posts
the semi tau conversion is really cool i like the pathfinder but im not to obligates to say the same about he paint sceme ists really cool though

1 - 19 of 19 Posts