Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
/botnobot/
12,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in my last game, my bolt throwers rolled seven 1's. Five to hit and two to wound.

Same game, organ gun misfires twice and is overrun by Bull Centaurs.

Previous game, bolt throwers roll four 1's to hit and leadership rolls of 11 and 12 are the norm.

I mean, my last two games were a massacre loss and a solid victory loss.

The hammerers were terrific being stubborn, but that 5+ armor save for using great weapons and going last sure hurt.

I'm considering keeping the hammerers but using the hand weapon and shield combo instead.

Anyhow, needed to gripe.

·
Bearded Ninja
2,678 Posts
ah it happens to the best of us. i've personally lost all faith with my bolt throwers due to thier horrific preformance over the last few games (a grand total of.... 4 infantry kills)

switch to cannons ;) i know i will be ^_^

·
The Pacifist Wargamer
1,512 Posts
Are you sure they're just not Gobbos wearing heavy armor and false beards? I've seen it happen before.

Line your army up in front of you and offer them a drink: Dwarf Ale or Fungus Beer, then observe them carefully.

My advice, play against an Elf army. Then you'll know for sure if they were just Dwarfs having a bad week, or if they're Greenskins, because no self-respecting Dwarf plays poorly against Elves.

·
Inquisitorial Aspirant
452 Posts
I hear you. Once had a game where all warmachines botched the first turn. It blew.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Played against DE last week. My lord with his trusted warriors and shieldbearers used the rune of challenge to draw in an unexpecting unit of spearmen. Weak, normal spearmen. Two break rolls later those weak and normal spearmen was laughing while they used my lord's shield as a pissing pan.

Not fun...and totally unfair! I really understand your frustration with the dices. I really do.

·
Registered
207 Posts
That's what you get for standing next to me to long. Part of my luck rubbed off on you. Now my dice are only half as bad as they as they once were.

Thnaks & sorry(kind of) ;-)

·
Registered
46 Posts
A friend of mine (who's name I won't mention due to avoid embrassing him) literally melted down his dice.

Yip, he melted his dice. His logic was that his figures were of such good quality, it had to be the dice. So he took a metal spoon, put a die in it, and held it over a camping gas cooker. He also had the other dice from the pack on the table next to him to "watch the sacrafice". He SWEARS his dice have rolled better since then.

·
Bearded Ninja
2,678 Posts
heh, i must admit i've done that myself, i also keep my dice built into a pyramid at the side of the table when not in use ;)

it always pays to keep on the good side of the dice gods.

·
Nightlord
1,795 Posts
Maybe it's dwarves? I usually have amazing luck in fantasy with my normal armies, but when my friends asks me to play a game as his dwarves I tend to be chock full of exploding war machines and other poor rolls. Maybe lady luck punishes people who play dwarves...they deserve it:p.

·
The Pacifist Wargamer
1,512 Posts
Lady luck punishes those who play Gunline Dwarfs. I never have more than two Warmachines on the table at any points level and neither of them has ever exploded. (Neither are Bolt Throwers, so they actually are eligible to fail.)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.