Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been working on this army for 8 months now and its almost done. I just have a few more warpspiders to do and their bases.

My basic list is
Autarch on bike
Farseer and 5 warlocks on bikes

2 squads of 6 bikers

5 Shining spears
2 squads of 5 warpspiders

2 fireprisms
1 wraithlord

Not the most optimal of Eldar armies but its kinda themish in my opinon. Went for a exodite/sam hainn theme.

Here are the pictures. They actually look much better in person.

Autarch

Farseer council

Solo Farseer

Warlocks

Bikers

Shining spears

Warp spider

Fireprisms

Wraithlord

I hope you guys enjoy.

·
Striving for the right
941 Posts
I have been working on this army for 8 months now and its almost done. I just have a few more warpspiders to do and their bases.

I hope you guys enjoy.
Striking colour scheme, mon brave, and an exciting and impressive choice of models - very well done. My only suggestion is that the Fire Prisms and Wraithlord models would probably benefit from having weapons operators, otherwise how would you explain how the weapons are fired?

BTW, what is the model you used for the Wraithlord? I'm afraid I don't recognise it ... ... ...

Great work!

~ Ravenscraig ~

·
By the Silver Sword!
713 Posts
Awesome stuff dude! Incredibly original, and wonderfully exctuted both with conversions and the striking colour scheme. Rep for you! ;Y

BTW, what is the model you used for the Wraithlord? I'm afraid I don't recognise it ... ... ...
It's the Lizardmen Carnosaur 8Y

·
LO Zealot
1,744 Posts
It is a wonderful job done... I like the green and it's highlights... the orange with the ink is very nice! Well done! 8Y

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies. I wish I had time to do more Inquisitor Blackadder! I got a new kid and no time to model or paint. I ended up adding the spiders in because I didnt have the time to convert my Vyper chariots.

Striking colour scheme, mon brave, and an exciting and impressive choice of models - very well done. My only suggestion is that the Fire Prisms and Wraithlord models would probably benefit from having weapons operators, otherwise how would you explain how the weapons are fired?

Thanks to Stormchaser for answering the wraithlord question.

I didnt want to put operators on the dragons or carnosaur. I had seen past conversions and I didnt like them. I would like to believe that due to the advanced technology of the Eldar and their advanced mental capabilities they control the animals with thoughts and let the animals do their own fighting.

What I didnt show in the pictures are that the cannons on the dragon, the armor and guns/mounts on the wraithlord, autarchs reapercannon and shining spears cannon (not in photo) are all attached with magnets. So I can remove them for list changes or weapon destroyed. I originally planned to do multiple carnosaurs and run them as warwalkers. But I then read the ork codex and had to go green.

·
Anemone's jelly jar
176 Posts
Very impressive, great use of color and models! The wraithlord is awesome, and the biker with the heavy weapon is pretty sweet too. What exactly are the Eldar exodites though? I've heard some about them but nothing much, are they exiled Eldar who use native beasts?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I believe exodites are eldar that left before the fall of eldar society and the creation of the chaos god of Slannesh. They felt that eldar society had gotten too (not sure of word to use). So they left and created their own craftworlds. Alot of the old fluff has them using dinosaurs and other creatures as mounts. I am no where near a eldar fluff expert but that is the quick and dirty of exodites. Can anyone else add some better info?

·
is Alpharius
477 Posts
I believe exodites are eldar that left before the fall of eldar society and the creation of the chaos god of Slannesh. They felt that eldar society had gotten too (not sure of word to use)Decadent .So they left and created their own craftworlds. Alot of the old fluff has them using dinosaurs and other creatures as mounts. I am no where near a eldar fluff expert but that is the quick and dirty of exodites. Can anyone else add some better info?
That would probley be the best word that workes in that decription. And yes, thats basically it. They left before the fall, and the Craftworld eldar keep tabs on them as they see them as a slim hope for the future. A VERY slim hope.

Decadent ;Falling into, or characteristic of, decay and decline.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I like the general scheme. However, you may want to water down your inks a bit when applying. Also, throw some matte varnish on those guys. It'll take out the ink shine that irks me most about using inks.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I really like the army. It is really unique and I love the colors. I love the blue eyes on the characters.
Great theme, keep it up.

·
Swarm Queen of LO
1,174 Posts
Wow, when I saw the first Autarch on the Slaaneshi steed I was a little skeptical - a lot of people who go for exotic looking armies like that don't pull it off, but you managed to do it very nicely - kept the theme going throughout and the result, I'm sure, looks very impressive on the table.

What I would like to see is a big shot of the entire army together...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.