5 Flamers of Tzeentch

FAST ATTACK 75

5 Screamers of Tzeentch

HEAVY SUPPORT 135

Dreadnought
Twin Linked Lascannons
Missle Launcher

Total: 999 points

Please give me any improvements that you see fit i definitely want to improve if i can.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
doh, i just realised i posted this in the wrong forum. You can move it and i wont be thinking "where the **** did it go!"

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Looks good to me, except aspiring champions can't take Essence.
I'm not sure about giving that Terminator champion a power fist either, I wouldn't try to charge anything too big with Rubric termies, but if you think you'll run into a vehicle on the board use a chainfist :D . Nice anti-infantry unit though.
I'd personally drop the Flamers, maybe the Screamers too, try to get another Rubric squad, or drop the Screamers and use the points for some Horrors as cannon fodder for the Flamers. A rhino would be nice too ;) .

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok, i think i'll drop the daemons altogether (cause then screamers are expensive!) and add a another rubric squad and a rhino.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's the new list... i had to drop the lascannons and missle launcher on the dread to put in the rhino and the second squad.

HQ 175
Sorcerer Lord Fenix

Mark of Tzeentch, Bolt Pistol,
Power Weapon, Inferno Bolts,
Bolt of Change, Talisman of Tzeentch,
Daemonic Essence, Daemon Armor

Elites 318

Chaos Rhino

Thousand Sons Terminator Champion Lordaeron
Mark of Tzeentch, Combi-Flamer,
Inferno Bolts, Power Fist

4 Thousand Sons Terminators
Power Weapons, Combi-Bolters

Troops 432

8 Thousand Sons Chaos Space Marines
Bolters

8 Thousand Sons Chaos Space Marines
Bolters

Aspiring Champion Azeroth
Bolt Pistol, Close Combat Weapon

Aspiring Champion Imrahil
Bolt Pistol, Close Combat Weapon

Heavy Support 75

Dreadnought

Total: 1000 points

·
Registered
130 Posts
just a dreadnaught? dunno about chaotic ones, but as far as a space marine dready goes, the right arm doesnt come with a default weapon, and must be equipped with a weapon from the list provided.

if your dreadnaught is legal like that, im going to start to cry as it is unfair :(

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
You're right, the dread must take a heavy wepaon or a second close combat weapon.
Apart from that the list is good, but you'll probably have to remove some of your Lord's upgrades to get enough points for a Dreadnought weapon.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dang, this is gonna be a hard elimination of upgrades... wait are aspiring champions independent characters or not? Cause if they aren't then i have 15 points left to spend... i just realized that.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ahhh thats great! Now i can put a twin-linked AC on my dready, but i'll be over by 5 points... but i dont think 5 points matters too much...

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
In friendly games 5 pts doesn't matter (but don't go over pts limit by more than 5!). You can't use it in tournies though ;) .
You could also give the dread a twin heavy bolter instead, mine has it, tis nice against infantry :) .

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hmmm, yeah... i think i will use the heavy bolter instead.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Actually i've now switched it to a multi-maelta because i realized you didnt have to pay 10 pts for the sorcerer ability.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Hmm, personally I don't like multi-meltas (you need to be within 12" to get a bonus over lascannons, and it's not twinlinked), but if it works for you...

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah i know but i'm looking for an all around type thing. Like an automatic wound to a space marine if hit... or an extra D6 against vehicles.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, i just finished this army yesterday. One minor change tho, the dread now has a plasma cannon. I'll be testing out my army within the next 3 weeks (school likes to keep me busy) I'll let everyone know how it turned out.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yeah i know... i was still a noob then. ;) But i'm still gonna put my Thousand Sons in it.

·
Pure Venom.
1,306 Posts
Any aspioring champions, lords, possessed etc. don't have to pay ten points for the sorcerer ability as it comes free with the MoT. Take out the Rubric terminators and replace them with thousands sons and more daemons. rubric terminators aren't worth the points and stick all your thou sons in a rhino as they can move twelve and still fire normally.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.