Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Meant mainly for speed with the exception of the Lootas (cause of the heavy) and the killa kans. I wanted some support and felt they would be better (point-wise) than having a huge battlewagon. <--- Major target. Any advice and feedback would be greatly appreciated!

1 HQ
Big Mek – 70 pts
Cybork body, PK

5 Troops
(slugga/choppa)
20 Boys - 160
(1) Nob, PK, bosspole

(slugga/choppa)
20 Boys - 160
(1) Nob, PK, bosspole

(shoota)
20 Boys – 140
(1) Nob, BC, bosspole

(shoota)
9 Boys – 69
(1) Nob, BP

1 Trukk - 50 pts
Red Paint Job, Armour Plates

2 Fast Attack
2 Deffkoptas - 70
(Twin linked big shootas)

5 Stormboys - 95
(1) Nob, PK, bosspole, ‘eavy armour

1 Elites
5 Lootas – 75
(Deffguns)

1 Heavy Support

2 Killa Kans -110
(2) Grotzooka

Total Pts: 999pts

Btw, the 9 orks/nob are meant to work with the trukk and Big Mek if that wasn't evident.

·
Registered
304 Posts
You should definitly drop the Big mek for a warboss unless you give him a Kff. Definitly arm all the nobz in the boyz mobs with pks. But that would probably bring you over so maybe you should drop the deffkoptas or a or both killa kanz

·
Registered
195 Posts
Definitely get the Big Mek a KFF,exchange his PK for a Burna and keep him with the Boyz. He'd be 115pts with that, meaning he'd cost an extra 45pts.

The single Trukk with Shootas will be an easy KP and very easily destroyed. I suggest dropping this for some more normal Boyz. Here you save 119pts.

I'd recommend usin Shoota Boyz in all cases except for when they're mounted in Trukks. Get some Big Shootas/Rokkits to.This would cost you anywhere between 30-60pts.

The Stormboys would actually be 105 and they're very, very vulnerable. I'd suggest dropping hteese and splitting up the Deffkoptas, and aslo arming them with TL-rokkits, since you're really missing ranged Anti-Armor. This would save you 75pts.

Lootas are nice, but maybe try and buff them up to maybe 7-9?

Killa Kans are nice, but the boys themselves do Anti-infantry pretty good already. Maybe try and give theese KMB's or Rokkits? You've also overpriced them, with the Big Shootas they'd be 80pts.

If all my suggestions were followed you'd end up with:

1 HQ
Big Mek – 115 pts
Cybork body, Burna, KFF

3 Troops
(Shootas)
20 Boys - 170
2 Big Shootas
(1) Nob, PK, bosspole

(Shootas)
20 Boys - 170
2 Big Shootas
(1) Nob, PK, bosspole

(Shootas)
20 Boys - 170
2 Big Shootas
(1) Nob, PK, bosspole

2 Fast Attack

1 Deffkopta - 45
(Twin linked rokkits)

1 Deffkopta - 45
(Twin linked rokkits)

1 Elites
9 Lootas – 135
(Deffguns)

1 Heavy Support

2 Killa Kans -100
(2) Rokkits

Total Pts: 950pts

This would leave you with 50pts left over which could give you a unit of 13 Gretchin + Herder to put in a nice long line infront of your army.

You might also consider putting the three Boyz Mobs together to form two mobs of 30, which would save you some 45pts extra, enough for another Deffkopta with TL-Rokkits for more Tank hunting.

Hope it helped ^^

Cheers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay I took your advice and edited it. Took out the stormboys. Not sure if I should have shootas or sluggas in the trukk. I'm using it in order to slow down and preoccupy my enemy as my troops advance. It'll probably cost me a couple of vic. pts though :(.

1 HQ
Big Mek – 115 pts
Cybork body, Burna, KFF

5 Troops
(Slugga)
20 Boys – 160
(1) Nob, PK, bosspole

(Shootas)
20 Boys - 170
(2) Big Shootas
(1) Nob, PK, bosspole

(Shootas)
20 Boys - 170
(2) Big Shootas
(1) Nob, PK, bosspole

(Shootas)
12 Boys – 77pts

(1) Big Shoota

1 Trukk - 40 pts
Red Paint Job

1 Fast Attack
2 Deffkopta - 90
(Twin linked rokkits)

1 Elite
5 Lootas – 75
(Deffguns)

1 Heavy Support
2 Killa Kans -100
(2) Rokkits

·
Registered
195 Posts
Actually, you really need that KFF. It's one of us Orks strongest weapons (or at least a way to maximize the efficiency of our strongest weapon, numbers). No need for a Big Shoota in a Trukk-mob, And I still think the pts on that unit could be spent better elsewhere... But they might be worth it if you do like this:
Take away the mob of 20 Sluggas and use the pts to get the Shootas up to 30 and give your Trukk-mob a Nob w/ PK and Bosspole.

The small unit of Lootas might not be worth it. A unit of five will be very easy to rout once they start taking any casualties, and won't be terribly effective. But, they'll do ^^

It'd look something like this in the end:'

1 HQ
Big Mek – 115 pts
Cybork body, Burna, KFF

3 Troops

(Shootas)
30 Boys - 235
(3) Big Shootas
(1) Nob, PK, bosspole

(Shootas)
30 Boys - 230
(2) Big Shootas
(1) Nob, PK, bosspole

(Shootas)
12 Boys – 122pts
(1) Nob, PK, bosspole

1 Trukk - 40 pts
Red Paint Job

1 Fast Attack
2 Deffkopta - 90
(Twin linked rokkits)

1 Elite
5 Lootas – 75
(Deffguns)

1 Heavy Support
2 Killa Kans -100
(2) Rokkit

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.