Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, i was facing Eldar, he had liek 30 rangers, 10 dark reapers(2 exarchs) 1 farseer (Eldred Ulthran), 5 wraithguard accompinied by a warlock, and a solitare, and three death jesters....i have more of a "shooty" army, so i first sent in my Heav Destroyers to take ut his solitare and death jesters...they killed everything, EXCEPT for one death jester, which came up and slaughtered my heav's...note, they failed there wbb rolls. the battle went on for awhile, if i had one more turn, i would have killed him, but he took me down to 10 tropps standing, 3 on the ground. to prevent phase out, i had to make all three of the wbb rolls...guess what? knowing my luck, as well as i know it (no good, all BAD) i lost ONE, and only ONE of my warriors, making my army phase out. well, pretty good for my first battle if i do say so myself ;)

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
if u hadnt kille dhis solitaire...it woulda ate you. i woulda given u mabe 2 turns after that, if the solitaire woulda lived.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea, well, second battle, i chose to NOT target his solitare, meaning instint death to 2 squads of warriors a necron lord and 10 immortals....thank god they almost all stood back up...but now we are in a predicament. he is in cc with 6 warriors and he wants to know if it, if it is the begining of the necron assult phase, will the solitare get to attack my units in cc before i get to attack them since his initiative is higher?

kthnxbai ;)

·
Registered
153 Posts
WBB rolls are done at the beginning of the Necron player's turn..

btw, doesn't a solitaire hit with a powerweapon?

btw, don't send in your destroyers or h. destroyers in front..

use squads of warriors to screen them..

btw, how to fight against eldar.. use mass fire power..

their armor saves are only 4+ or 5+ , unless you're fighting against Biel-Tan lol..

you'll mostly need 3 or 2's to wound..
so I would suggest, ditch the heavy destroyers against eldar, unless they have some mean vehicles..

use more destroyers to spray down the infantry

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
btw, doesn't a solitaire hit with a powerweapon?
forgot to tell, the necron lord had a ressurection orb on im. also, he had 30 rangers for troops, and i used my scarabs and destroyers to deal with them...also, the heav destroyers were what was keeping me from getting killed by three harliwuin death thingys and also his solitair. we also played another game last night and i WAS going to win, until he sent his three death thingys in, and killed more then half my army....jeez, i wonder why they call necrons cheese? all you need is like 1 harliquen and there dead.... <_<

·
Registered
153 Posts
the downside of the entire harlequin army is..

toughness 3, NO ARMORSAVE EVEN!! only Coversaves versus shooting..

with the new closecombat rules, HARLEQUINS ARE DEAD HAHAHAHA...

my point being..

direct enough firepower to them, about a squad of immortals wil do the job quite nice.

nothing more nothing less, unless you are rolling 1's.
since you wil be needing 2's to wound..

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ya, well i had 2 destroyers go and attack them, and i rolled 5 ones....thats how bad my luck is...i falied like all of my wbb rolls also....

you said something about new closecombat rules? where can i find somewhere to see them or do i have to buy the rulebook...? my friend had an old rulebook, and it doesnt give that much info on assulting....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Question: How does he manage to play Eldrad Ulthran if he's not ulthwe? He doesn't have enough guardians to play Ulthwe or his Dark Reapers

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
he said he desnt play with craftworlds, and he claims that you dont have to, but i think that is a load of crap <_<

well, oh well.

·
Registered
696 Posts
wow thats some bad luck. Ive seen necron not lose one warriro dude to great rolling. BUt dont get down on your army its not the army its the dice rolling.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i know...i was using big dice, and then i started using his little dice and had much better luck. maybe i need smaller ones instead of teh big ones O_O i dunno...

·
Registered
231 Posts
sounds pretty good but dont fight Eldar because they suck dick. well you dont have to but i do because i suck against them.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Originally posted by Zeph@Sep 27 2003, 20:45
i lost ONE, and only ONE of my warriors, making my army phase out.
In the several games i've played in which I've phased out, it was ALWAYS a matter of one model not standing back up. So congratulate yourself, as this is usually a sign of solid Necrontyr tactics!

·
Registered
103 Posts
On the Heavy Destroyers V Destroyers... 1 Shot V 3 Shots... and they still glance or wound on a 6... 3 more tries to get that 6... after they deal with the big problems... they can mow down the infantry. for 15 points less.

And to Everyone, when you say Screen the Destroyers or Heavys' with the warriors you mean putting them in base to base to form a line in front of the destroyers... doesn't this open you up to more template weapon losses?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
not to mention the fact of phase out....i mean its like "Go warriors! go and shield my destroyers, which dont make up that big of a count twoards my phaseout, while you do! go and get me phased out!"

well, ne ways ( :lol: ) i just bring leave my heavy destroyers off in a small corner or something, where they can like shoot still in cover...my normal destoryers are my workhorse though, runnin (flying?) around the map killing most things, get killed, most stand back up, and kill more things until i am all out....we..thats fun :blink:

·
Registered
318 Posts
Originally posted by victoruno@Oct 8 2003, 05:10

And to Everyone, when you say Screen the Destroyers or Heavys' with the warriors you mean putting them in base to base to form a line in front of the destroyers... doesn't this open you up to more template weapon losses?
Well yes and no..... as there are two ways to screen a destroyer.

The first is b2b contact as you mentioned. The second is mentioned in one FAQ or another (the official ones). The F.A.Q. states that models screen other models "if you can't draw a LOS through the bases" of the screeners. What this second version means is you can space out your warriors a little to avoid templates, and as long as you stagger your formation a little they'll still screen the Dest's.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.