Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Topic Creator Deluxe
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wrote this list for my 13 year old neighour as a friendly gesture. Made it from memory, so it's fairly possible that some of the points aren't correct.
Anyhow, I made it from his existing collection of miniatures. Only thing he needs now is 2 rhinos a box of CSM, and a Predator. He already bought the CSM Battleforce, a Defiler and a Bloodthirster, and I'm giving him some CSM just to fill out the units and a couple of heavy wpns. I've done my best with the special weapons, but he doesnt have that many. I'm trading my Plasma guns for his meltaguns and giving away some of my flamers.
Is there anything you guys can see that's mismatched?
Made some changes. List is now at 1502 pts.

Chaos Lord
Daemon Weapon
120 pts

Greater Daemon
100 p

Chosen x 8
Aspiring Champion w. power fist
Icon of Chaos Glory
2 Flamers
1 Plasma Gun
1 Missile Launcher
Total: 234 p

Chaos Marines x 10
Icon of Chaos Glory
1 Plasma Gun
1 Lascannon
Rhino
Total: 270 p

Chaos Marines x 10
Icon of Chaos Glory
1 Plasma Gun
1 Lascannon
Rhino
Total: 270 p

Khorne Berzerkers X 8
Skull Champion w. power weapon
Rhino
Total: 203 p

Defiler X 1
Havoc Launcher
Reaper Autocannon
155 p

Predator X 1
Sponson Lascannons
Turret Autocannon
Daemonic Possession
Total: 150

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
Mr_Wayne, the lists lacks tank busters altogether. I know you're limited on models, so just take this post with a grain of salt.

Sorcerers: They need somewhere to hide. Typically, chaos players stash them with a unit of raptors. What's your plan?

Greater Daemon: A great bang for your buck. However, given the fact that you have no tank busters, let along no long range tank busters, consider dropping him in favor of a predator with las-sponsons. I'm sure we can come up with the additional required points 8Y

Chosen: Not bad at all. However, they'll fry themselves while en route to c.c.. Swap the plasmas for only two meltas, and then use the additional remaining points to upgrade the unit with the IoK. It's a very solid icon for chosen and will ensure their survival even when they're charged.

Flamers: Unless you play almost exclusively against swarms, flamers are very much a tertiary pick behind meltas and plasmas; meltas especially, since you could use the tank busters.

The A.C. on your basic marines should have a fist. There's plenty of wounds to enable the unit in c.c., and so the A.C. should have a weapon befitting a sustained c.c. encounter.

·
Topic Creator Deluxe
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I'm quite aware about all this. But he's so incredibly short of special weapons and tanks. Getting the rhinos and the extra CSM will eat up his allowances for the next 3 months.
If I were to build a lord or sorcerer, what kind would I go for? A Daemon Prince is not to think about, as it's too expensive.

Would it be better to not getting rhinos and footslogging the CSM and giving them Plasmaguns and lascannons/missilelaunchers, and using the rhino-money on a predator? I've got som missile launchers I dont use which I can give him.
Maybe having a Khorne-lord with Bloodfeeder running with the berzerzerkers in their rhino?

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I'm quite aware about all this. But he's so incredibly short of special weapons and tanks. Getting the rhinos and the extra CSM will eat up his allowances for the next 3 months.
If I were to build a lord or sorcerer, what kind would I go for? A Daemon Prince is not to think about, as it's too expensive.

Would it be better to not getting rhinos and footslogging the CSM and giving them Plasmaguns and lascannons/missilelaunchers, and using the rhino-money on a predator? I've got som missile launchers I dont use which I can give him.
Maybe having a Khorne-lord with Bloodfeeder running with the berzerzerkers in their rhino?
Sorcerer: There are two configurations that work well for me-

1) lash sorcerer (with wings if he can be protected, without wings and in one of the rhinos)

2) warp time sorcerer: Better in most instances when compared to a lord with twin claws.

Either works well for your build. Personally? I prefer the lash for most encounters, as it has such incredible utility, as I'm sure you know.

I'm not too sure about the Khornate lord with his daemon weapon. He's highly unpredictable, but when he goes off, he clears the runway of all enemy presence. To tell you the truth, I haven't had the occasion for experimenting too much with our new daemon weapons; I'm still tinkering with sorcerers and princes for the moment. If your friend really desires a lord with a daemon weapon, then I'd recommend the undivided variant. He's safer than his Khornate cousin. Also, when comparing the undivided lord with a daemon weapon to a warp time sorcerer, the sorcerer isn't that far behind in sheer number of MEQ kills. Just something else to consider.

Rhinos: Here's the problem. You don't want a single predator alone out there. It will get eaten alive. On that note, the current list has the same problems with the rhinos, being that they're the obvious target for incoming enemy tank busting weaponry. There's no easy fix around this, other than taking both predators and rhinos, but this seems to be an issue, financially speaking (and I completely understand the dilemma ;)). Overall, if you're going to have a footslogging build, I have to put my two pennies in with either sonic squads or T.S. marines- both expensive on the pocket book. Our chaos marines just aren't designed for footslogging anymore. HOWEVER, if this is the route your friend wishes to go, then 10 man squads with a las canon and a plasma gun, combined with a fist champion would be the way to go; that, or smaller units of 8 marines with either a plasma or melta gun and a combi-special weapon on the champion.

·
Topic Creator Deluxe
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, I've included a Predator to take some heat from the rhinos and it can maye take out some armour if left alone (yeah right). The units of CSM is still a bit confused - long range lascannons, plasma guns, fist and rhino. But they need to be mobile, he needs some AT and still be able to blast away some plasma.
The Chosen are the worst. I made them to be able to deal with rear/side armour (krak missile launcher) and hordes (flamers/frag missiles). They'll probably end up sucking at both.
Made the lord extremely cheap, and he rides with the Berzerkers.
Please put your thoughts in on this. I really need some help.
Building an army with limited econoics and a bitbox is pure hell.

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
I'm in a bit of a time crunch at the moment, so I'll just make a few changes and leave it at that. :)

Chaos Lord
Daemon Weapon
130 pts (you had him at 120)

Greater Daemon
100 p

Chosen x 8
Icon of Chaos Glory (or IoK)
2 Melta guns (or plasma guns)
Total: 199 p

Chaos Marines x 10
Icon of Chaos Glory
2x melta guns
Rhino
Total: 255 p

Chaos Marines x 10
Icon of Chaos Glory
2x melta guns
Rhino
Total: 255 p

Khorne Berzerkers X 9
Skull Champion w. power weapon
Rhino
Total: 254 p

Defiler X 1
2x c.c. weapons
150 p
(General Rule of Thumb: Don't upgrade secondary weapons on vehicles with an ordinance blast. Since you cannot fire both the ord blast and the other weapons, the uprade(s) go to waste 99% of the time)

Predator X 1
Sponson Lascannons
Turret Autocannon
Total: 130
(dropped possession. You need this pup hitting at a 4BS. Only twin-linked and ordinance equipped vehicles should use possession, along with perhaps rhinos, though I generally don't like it on rhinos)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.