Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It isn't that good, but it took me awhile. I was just wonderin about any tips you could provide to help me.

Front

Back

Upclose

I know the lines aren't that good, but It is kind of hard to get straight lines.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Da Mighty Camel said:
I can't see the whole pics.
Me neither. Are they too big?

·
Drills baby.
6,481 Posts
Now I can see them. Only needed to press F5 a couple of times ;)
Looks good IMO.
The things you got to work on is the bone-colors. Now it looks like you have painted Skull white right on black, whcih doesn't work. When I paint bone, I begin with black and paint schorched brown on it. This is followed by a layer of Bestial Brown and later a final highlight of Snakebite leather. Then I paint bleached bone carefully on top of it untill I get the sesired result. The bleached bone is then followed by a final, thin highlight of skull white.
The white cloths need improvement as well, altough I am not good at painting white so I can't give you any tips there.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
The sword looks flat, another color shod have been a better choice also to use more colors then just one. You get a really big white area. The yellow need a wash, maybe a thinned out yellow + brown or yellow + flesh wash. It need some shades.

The hair are painted over black? Have you used white as base over the black, if not you shod do that. The colors looks dull. The face also need some shades, a dark wash or own mixed colors that are tinned out. Some dark red shod look good.

The purple also need some shades. Are the "spots" on the purple yellow or gold? It shod look better if you had some shade where the purple meets the gold.

The gem looks nice and so dose the green. Over all the colors looks a bit thick. Have you used white or black under coat?

I shod use white if you paint a model with those bright colors.

It looks like you have given it a go and tried out some new stuffs. Its good that way co can become a better painter. Over all there is two things that can be improved. The shades and the thick color.

Good luck hope I helped a bit :)

·
Registered
827 Posts
Ok I can see it now....
I like the range of colours you have used, but maybe you would want to add some more things (as the others have said):yes: ..

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks alot lol. I will definatly start shading some more... I have about 4 done in total and they each take me a very, very long time.... but anyways. Thanks for all the help.:yes:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Great for a first model.
I remember when I first got my second army I didn't know what to do or how to start!

As others have said, details on the face woulf be nice, like a little bit of shading and some outlining would make iy stand out a bit more, not that the colour scheme doesn't!

Overall very nice.
HPA

1 - 9 of 9 Posts