Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I frikkin' found it...

Tis' a Dwarf Miner that I picked up when I first joined the hobby, all those years ago...

Just for knowledge, I picked the Starter Set up two days later. By doing so, I was ridiculed by a jackass walking by. I'm glad Games Workshop didn't last that long in the mall, if not, I'd be sad for getting banned...True story.

Anyway...without further adou(Sp?) -

A wide shot, so you can see the base.

And a horribly taken close up.

·
Registered
282 Posts
GamesmasterZ said:
I'm glad Games Workshop didn't last that long in the mall,
Hey! Because that GW closed the nearest store to buy GW stuff is 45min. away! (The GW was 30min. away though.) Now my and my friends have to order stuff.

To the model: Looks better than my first. (My ultramarine looked like it had been dipped in blue and then sloppily painted red on the shoulder pad rims.)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Not bad at all, better than mine it was garbage. Although try doing a black ink wash on the beard. Might help.

·
1,485 Posts
I have a funny story and it seems appropriate. My first squad was a sm assault squad - they were painted so bad that when I had finished them I reprimed them and just left them unpainted. They are still unpainted to this day, learn from this fellow painters.

·
Art Culinaire
2,273 Posts
*throws out gold stars* Gold Stars for everybody! LoL

Wow, *attack of nostalgia* You could really have some talent if thats your first model.

Howd you get the basics down, did you follow the dwarf painting guides online or
the rulebook?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
His name was Ross, he was my lover...

Wait, that's putting two stories together.

Ross was the manager at the Games Workshop the one time I went there. He taught the basics in three hours. He would also spend time at the IR I used to go to before it shut down, he taught me the rest there. That was about...seven years ago.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.