Librarium Online Forums banner

My hilarious pink elephant of Slaanesh idea.

804 views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Moglun 
#1 · (Edited)
So I'm pretty sure that independent characters on a mount of Slaanesh can take advantage of the rule that says they may not be targeted unless they are the closest enemy target, Despite them being mounted and carrying a huge sword.

Thats my first question I guess, but that seems to be what the rules state, so bikers and calvary are not monstrous and can take advantage of that rule so you can't shoot at them as long as they are not the closest.

I wanted to abuse this rule in a hilarious way by buying the LOTR mahout elephant kit and putting a Chaos Lord of Slaanesh on it's back, and then of course it would be a giant pink elephant (acting as a mount of Slaanesh) that your troops wouldn't be able to shoot at. It would all be in good fun of course and I'd probably use an actual mount of Slaanesh to switch out when people complained or needed to target past it for line of sight purposes.

My quandary is that these rules may change in 5th edition, and having spent somewhere in the range of 75 dollars for this model it would sure suck for it to become useless. Of course that may be an apt curse for someone trying to play a joke on the rules.

The latest leaked rule said that you couldn't target characters when they are within 2" of another unit, because they automatically become part of that unit when joining it. This would prove more satisfactory because then I could actually stand him in front of the rest of my unit, and you still couldn't target him/her/it.

I'm still not sure though, because I'm not sure that independent characters that are calvary can actually join units that are not calvary. Do the current rules allow calvary or bike mounted independent characters to join regular squads?

See less See more
#3 ·
But they must of course move at the speed of the slowest member of the unit ;).

So, it sounds like in both cases (4th and likely 5th) you'll be able to have your massive, untargetable pink elephant at the front of your army :party2:.

-H

#5 ·
Bah, a giant stampeding pink elephant just makes it even funnier.

I'm just imagining this with the way the "fluff" explains it, about it being hard to pick it out individuals on a battlefield...

*commisar* "On 3 men, shoot the giant elephant! 1..2.."
*guardsman* 'What elephant sir?'
*commisar* "The giant elephant right infront of us!"
*guardsman* 'Sir, all I see are traitor marines. Have you been into the drink a little to much lately?'
-BANG-

#8 ·
I love it. Wish i had thought ofit myself so i could do the same thing. But alas! I have not and will not. But i think i shall have to relate the story to many a weary travellor before i torture them in Cormmoragh

#10 ·
No, it doesn't sound like this guy would unless he was engaged in CC, and even then he would only block based on his 'official' height (size 2, I believe). It could make it hard to tell whether a model had LOS against something behind him though.

On the other hand, if that giant pink elephant was a vehicle or an MC, then he certainly would block LOS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.