Allright i got:
1 lord
1 destroyer lord
30 warriors
8 scarab swarms
1 nightbringer
1 destroyer
1 tomb spyder

how should i make this army grow? i was thinken about 2 more destroyers and some immortals to help with the long range aspect and maybe a monolith(*crying* too much money...lol) im new to the necrons(my cousin is lettin me have em while hes stationed in japan) and would really like some help..

·
Registered
857 Posts
Immortals! Immortals! Immortals!!!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alright! lol. the only thing stopping me from gettin them is the price... why is gw such a rip off.... i mean it should be at least 9 bucks for 2... its a shame, a bloody shame

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well I would say the first thing to get is atleast two more destroyers, so you can field them ..... then go with my favourite units .... Immortals and Tomb Spyders.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My sugestion is a heavy desyroyer or 3 to give you a bit of anti tank firepower,because in my experience you just can't rely on the flayer effect to do the job if you run into a real tread-head. Also, they are damn handy for splattering terminators,sapce marines and other such well armored gits that the rest of the army tends to struggle with.
That said you really can't go far wrong with Immortals-they throw lots of dice about, and if you throw enough s*** at something,some of if will stick.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
As many destroyers as possible, I try to field 2 squads one with 5. They kill all and only fear fast CC troops with power weapons...and hey ! thats only if theres no tomb spider close by.

·
Registered
131 Posts
C'Tan are good... i dont know much about necrons but i seen a Nightbringer and a squad of scarabs take down a small Dark Angels army wich had 2 squads a Dev squad and a LR...

.... btw... 311s a cool band :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
I find that destroyers rip the enemy apart and since there long range (resonably) they don;t get shot to easily. Scarab swarms rock, plenty of wounds heaps of attacks, great in cover and they move so far and deep strike. They only problem is that you can only buy them with warriors and I want more scarabs but not warriors. One squad of 6 tore through a genestealer squad of six in one turn and only lost one of there number, thats 96 points taken down at a loss of 12 points. I would complete all my squads if I was you, as many to a squad as possile t os top them not being able to take there we'll be back rolls. And maybe a monolith to increase there surviverability greatly, the necron units I mean.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah, i love my scarabs. in 1 battle they tore through a hammerhead, 2 broadsides and 1 squad of 10 firewarriors. they almost killed all of the fire warriors, but not quite enough of em. i like the idea of getting more destroyers :p since the original post i have gotten 3 wraiths, and 4 flayed ones. i played a game with em and they kick ass vs. tau. those wraiths raped em. i still need to get more flayed ones to make them effective tho. thanks for the great ideas

·
Registered
70 Posts
Get 10 Flayed ones
5 Pariahs and A Nightbringer
You need heavy CC hitters
and about 4 more destroyers

If you still want it to grow
Get some Heavy Destroyers and 2 Monoliths

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
my god! 2 monoliths! thats unholy. but i like it... :) i already have the nightbringer, but somehow he always gets shot up :( not fair. he should have a better invulnerable save. i mean come on hes a damn god for christs sake. o well when the dragon comes all will fall before the power of the necrons!

·
Registered
857 Posts
Wraiths are good, but with their WS and T at such a relatively low level for a pure CC unit, they could be a lot better. Pariahs... they're like stronger, faster Immortals with special abilites but no comeback. And they provide their own cover fire- unusual for a CC unit.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.