Banner of sorcery

Phoenix Guard x8
Champion
Standard
Musician
Banner Of Arcane Protection

Rare
1x Repeater Bolt Thrower

Plase let me Know what you think as my other list got its ass handed to its self

In future, please put army list posts in the army list section of the forum. Many thanks - GN out

·
Registered
11 Posts
Seems like a pretty good list, but who do you plan on battling again? Itd be easier to critique dependin
g on who you were fighting with this army.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
its a all purpose army the magic is to combat vamps an lizardmen, the stong combat its agenset chaos, dwafs and DE and te rest is to either protect or combat the weaker armys core units

·
Lord Admiral
2,608 Posts
I don't think that list is particulalry strong in terms of combat potential. I would switch around the banners on the PG and the SM for a start, and probably would look at dropping the Repeater, if you have such a large magic phase, you will not be shooting as effectively anyway. The dropping of the repeater will buy you 6 more Elites or 3 more cavalry.

Given it is a magic-heavy list, I am surprised you have no bound items to burn dispel dice. Ring of Fury is probably a much better investment than the Trickster's pendant/Talisman of protection, and makes the mage carrying it much more effective at dealing damage than he would otherwise be.

As stated, I would drop the repeater, buy 1 more Dragon Prince, and 4 more Elite troopers, probably Phoenix Guard, as they are rather small for an important block (carrying the +d3 for the banner of Sorcery).

Bnaner of the World Dragon is probably a bit of a waste, your army is going to find it difficult winning combats as it is, perhaps a simple War Banner or even no magic banner, and a nice magic item combination would be better?

I would give the BSB a lance, Guardian Phoenix to benefit from a ward save, an enchanted shield and Talisman of Light to give him/his unit magical attacks (against the Vampires).
A handy alternative could be the Reaver Bow to augment his shooting abilities, or even the Amulet of Hoeth to create yet another mini-mage just to increase your dispel pool, and giving you the option of the additional default spell that you can choose if you roll a poor spell.

·
Registered
346 Posts
comment

Instead of writing out everything when you do total upgrades to a unit, standard, musician, champion just write full command.

Your special infantry are either to big, 10 sword masters or to small 8 PG. Maybe us a big block of white lions instead. White lions can dish it out but not as much as swordmasters. White lions can survive fairly well but better than the sword master and not as good as PG.

Your dragon princes are going to be out there all by themselves. They need some kind of support are just drop them to build up your infantry units.

Spearman 15 is just different. Most run 25 or 24, 4x6. I like the 4x6 as it gives any character that look out sir rule. Cannons can already be a game changer but losing a hero to a lucky shoot can be crushing.

HE can do a lot of things very well, they just can not do everything well.

You really need a wareagle to march block. Of course the undead can just dance a unit into it but a 50 points so what. Besides you have enough dispell die, if you are waiting for it you should be able to prevent it.

I have only played the new LM twice therefore I am not familiar enought about them to offer constructive advice. I just know single shoot RBT can seriously hurt the big ones.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well guys i thought i would leave a post be4 i went to sleep just tolet you all know i played a 2k game with it agenst a friend and he played wit ha very stong chaos army including archeon and i bet him it was close but the 8 man pheonix guard unit did brilliantly with the banner of archane protection, swordmasters did very well agenst the chosen chaos beating them in the challenge and in combat and the 2 most impressive units Teclis and the dragon prince teclis was amazin with the double rolls especaly with the comet from lore of heavens and the dragon princes competly torn open the chaos nights.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I would say luck was on your side. Not to take away from your win but in my experience chaos knights rip apart DPs. On the charge its equal but if the chaos player is smart he will use the magic weps with them and give them S5 all the time. Their base statline is 2A just like DPs, but with either Khorne or Nurgle or Banner of Rage they become beasts.
Khorne Chaos Knights with Banner of Rage are a nightmare in combat. Their horses (WS4, S4) get 2A each and the riders get 4 each.
With Teclis and Archaon both in a 2K, was there anything left on the board after 6 turns?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts