Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well some of you may not be aware but i posted a list on a while back and i have tested a few lists since then. But this is one not yet tested, i think the it could work really well. So i just would like general feed back and you know the rest.

Traits
No mercy, No respite.

Draw backs- Death before dishonour

HQ
Chaplain- Resclusiarch, Jump pack, Terminater honours, Furious assualt as he is attatched to the assualt squad, pts are added on to the assualt squad. 120pts

Troops
10 Sm- 1 Plasma Gun
1 Sergent, Terminator honours, Power fist.
Rhino- extra armour, smoke launchers. 248pts

10 Sm- 1 Plasma Gun
1 Sergent, Terminator honours, Power fist.
Rhino- extra armour, smoke launchers. 248pts

5 Scouts- 4 Snipers
1 Heavy bolter. 90 Pts

Elites
1 Dreadnought- extra armour 110pts
Power fist, assualt cannon.

1 Dreadnought- extra armour 110pts
Power fist, assualt cannon.

Fast attack
10 assualt marines- sergent, terminator honours, power fist
all have furious assualt. 283pts

Heavy support
Predator anhihilator- side sponson lascannons 145pts

Predator anhihilator- side sponson lascannons 145pts

Total 1499pts

So really, the chaplain and the assualt marines move forward, on an opposite flank to the dreds. the 2 tactical squads move up on either flank out side of the assualt marines and the dreds. the scouts stand back and shoot at thing and for only 90pts and not on the priority kill list they should be quite affective. Obviously the Preds sit back and do the stuff.

I was considering adding the trait 'trust your battle brothers' and then find 60pts to give counter attack to both tactical squads.

Again just looking to see what you all think, generall feedback and sugestions.
Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I like the list but I'm not sure if you can give the chaplain furious assualt, and also if you wanted counter attack you could take out the scouts but a few games will be able to show which will be more effective

·
LO's Resident Time Lord
3,270 Posts
My only concern is you don't have a lot of anti-tank, which could be a problem in 1,500 points. You have two dreads, an assault squad, a heavy bolter-toting scout squad, and two plasma-equipped tactical squads, all of which are great for infantry/hordes, but won't do jack if your opponent is mech-heavy.

There are two solutions I can see. One is to convert one or both of your dreads to anti-tank, with a lascannon/missile launcher combo. Since you plan to have these guys on foot anyway (as opposed to drop podding), it might work well.

The other is to swap the plasma guns for meltaguns. Not a bad option, frankly, since that will change them into tank hunters. They've already got the rhinos, so you can use them to zoom around looking for tanks to pop. The danger in the "rolling coffins" will also force your opponent to target them first, further drawing fire away from your preds (which you want).

Either way, don't try to get clever and split up the advice: pick one or the other, but don't try to, say, convert one dread and one tactical squad.

You might also consider using a missile launcher instead of heavy bolter with the scouts. That's kind of a judgement call on your part, but the ml will still give you anti-horde ability, and the chance to pop a tank if the circumstances present themselves.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Hi

I would Not bother getting counter attack because your men are all going to be tightly packed so theres no need for counter attack (you don't get an extra attack for charging) ahtough true grit would be good but IMO its not woth the 60pts what I'd do to improve the list is drop a dread and the scouts and get some termiantors since there really effective unit,

Gilli

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I recently play tested this list against a chaos army. I have to agree with gilli here as i found the scouts and the dreadnoughts not very effective but i will test it some more. Let me know what you all think.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.