Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The Biker Marine
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This color scheme is really hard to execute as nicely as it is pictured in the codex, but after all-silver one I decided to give it a go (having a Phalanx box at home also helps) and mix things up a bit. As I expect to field two at the most, I'd figure that having "black and white", "good and bad", "yin and yang" would be interesting and easy on my opponent: Are you shooting, errrrr, running away from the silver or black Lith?

Just two pictures here, have green ink over primer, and two shades of green highlights already on the thing. Rushed job, so not all the lines are nice and crisp, but there is still some work that I will be doing on it so maybe it will come out OK. Plus I hope that while doing the final highlights I will be able to catch the “mistakes” here and there, or that they will mesh in while more stark colors are present… Still don’t know which way to go on the “exhaust” ports on the bottom – sod accumulation or green highlights?

Has anyone tried this scheme? Care to share pics?

[in the voice of emperor Palpatine]: Raise...............

·
LO Zealot
1,744 Posts
You have done a wonderful job in painting the Monolith. It has a strong green base, made by inks as you said, and stong highlights to the edges from bright green...

Nice! +rep 8Y ;Y

·
The Biker Marine
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Final (?) highlights done. Possibly sod/mud on the bottom part (but then again, doubt Necrons use combustion tech with exhaust fumes), but mostly done. Much-hated crystal getting ready to be mounted...

·
LO Zealot
1,744 Posts
In the final highlights the most extreme is there yellow mixed with Green? Or my eyes see yellow...? ;?

·
The Biker Marine
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nope - it is pure Something Green color that you see on the 2nd picture here. Scorpion Green perhaps? It does stand out on the model though, you are right, but will probably belnd in better after the varnish is in place...

·
Ancient Spacefarer
1,715 Posts
Looking good there and liking it!

Good job there 8Y, I've always felt that the Necrons always looked good in their mysterious greens...

I've just got an unwelcome shiver creep down my spine from an unwelcome defeat on DoW with my poor Tau :(, I threw everything at it and only knocked a quarter of it's life off.

Now I'm just getting paranoid... lol.

-Kai-Itza-

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.