Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After getting alot of advice on my first shot at a 2,500pt list, I decided to try to make a 2,000pt list and make it more competitive while retaining the salamander fluff. here goes..

Headquarters

Forgefather Vulkan He'stan: [190pts]
-Artificer Armour
-Kesare's Mantle
-Spear of Vulkan
-Digital Weapons
-Gauntlet of the Forge
*Attached to Sternguard Veteran Squad Alpha

Troops

Tactical Squad Alpha: [95pts]
-Combat Squad Alpha
--Missile Launcher
-Combat Squad Beta
--Meltagun
*Razorback for Combat Squad Beta [80pts]
-Twin-Linked Heavy Flamer
-Extra Armor

Tactical Squad Beta: [95pts]
-Combat Squad Gamma
--Missile Launcher
-Combat Squad Omega
--Meltagun
*Razorback for Combat Squad Omega [80pts]
-Twin-Linked Heavy Flamer
-Extra Armor

Elites

Terminator Assault Squad Alpha: [240pts]
-5x Terminators, 1x Seargent
-6x Thunder Hammer / Storm shields
*Land Raider Redeemer for Terminator Squad Alpha [265pts]
-Multi-melta
-Extra Armor

Terminator Assault Squad Beta: [240pts]
-5x Terminators, 1x Seargent
-6x Thunder Hammer / Storm shields
*Land Raider Redeemer for Terminator Squad Beta [265pts]
-Multi-melta
-Extra Armor

Sternguard Veteran Squad Alpha: [250pts]
-8x Veteran Marines, 1x Seargent
-4x Combi-meltas
-1x Multi-melta
*Rhino for Sternguard Squad Alpha [50pts]
-Extra Armor

Fast Attack

Attack Bike Squad Alpha: [150pts]
-3 Attack Bikes
-3x Multi-Meltas

Grand Total: 2,000pts

I think this list is alot better. It's tighter, neater, more effective, and most importantly, full mechanized. Everything in this army rides in a tank or on a bike, with the exception of the two Tactical Combat Squads with the Missile Launchers. That's okay though, they'll have prime picking of the terrain on the board to use as cover, and while easier targets initially, they may actually draw attention away from my other troops by enemy fast movers. This army contains 2 razorbacks, 2 land raiders, 1 rhino, and 3 attack bikes. Oh yeah, and more melta guns than I can count :) Let me know what you guys think of this list, honestly, thanks!

PS: A possible quick upgrade to 2,500pts could include a Master of the Forge with a conversion beamer and two dreadnoughts taken as heavy support instead of elites since bringing a Master of the Forge allows me to do that. Then those two tactical combat squads wouldn't be so lonely and a firebase of sorts could take shape. As well as a 4th attack bike, so that I could bring two squads of 2 attack bikes instead of one squad of 3.

·
No Life King
2,819 Posts
You've got some good strong elements. However you are not giving yourself enough in the way of staying- troops if you ask me. I know you have them combat squaded, but 5 man marine squads are not that difficult to kill and you might have issues in an objectives game. One more of a similar unit would push you up to where you need to be in my opinion..

·
Registered
4 Posts
I Like it but you know that this list adds up to 2130 pts right? at least acording to army builder . a tac squad with rhino ,Missile launcher,and meltagun is 240pts each. not to be nit picking but the guys I play with would lay it on me if i was off 130 pts.

·
877 Posts
HQ is good.
Troops should have rhinos instead of those expensive razorbacks. (the total point cost is wrong for them as you have 95 points and then 80 for the razorback but the squad should be 255 total as you forgot the extra 80 points for the extra 5 marines in the squad)
Elites are fine except for the sternguard they need to drop the multimelta for a heavy flamer or more combi-meltas.
Fast attack should be dropped down to a single 2 man unit or make them all their own force organization slot.

Your list totals 2160 just so you know.

As a note rhino generally are fine without extra armor, same goes for razorbacks.

If you drop both razorbacks for plain rhinos and drop the extra armor and multi-melta from the sternguard + 1 attack bike you should be at 2k points.

@ rendenfell I don't know what army builder or math skills you are using but the cost of a 5th marine tactical squad with rhino, missile launcher and melta gun is 210 and the load out he has listed is 255 points his list is over but it is over by 160 points the cost of the extra 10 marines he forgot to pay for not by 130 points.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts