Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wanting to know if my army was ok, and does it look like it could do will in a tournament? Any rates or fixes would be greatly appreciated.:)

Shal el = HQ = plasma, fusion, shield, hw multi = 108

Shal vre = Elite = plasma, fusion, shield, hw multi = 98
Shal vre = Elite = plasma, fusion, shield, hw multi = 98
Shas ui = Elite, Stealth = 1 group of 6 = 180

2x FW of 12 = plasma rifle, photon grenades = 264
2x Devil fish = multi = 180

Pathfinder = 3 rail + 5 normal = 126
Devil fish = Disruption, 2x Seeker = 105

2x Hammerhead = rail, burst, multi, disruption, decoy = 240

Total = 1499

·
Registered
93 Posts
That list looks good, but Im sure that Hammerheads are more expensive than that with all those upgrades. Also, how many crisis suits are there in each of the squads? One or two?

I would probably put on a few markerlights onto the pathfinders, cause thats what they're for. But apart from that, seems fine.

·
Registered
664 Posts
drop all the shield generator,the shas'vre and the photo grenades.also drop the pathfinders.why do your hammerheads cost 240??

·
Registered
148 Posts
Just a FYI this is the wrong section to post a list in.
I like the helios crisis suits ( plasma fusion multi combo) but i think your lacking in misslepods which in my opinion Is a must on at least on crisis. Id go helios for your HQ and Fireknife for the elites. Fireknife is plama missle multi combo.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like I goofed, they were 170pts each and I put 240, in reality they were 340 LOL. Just take one out and this drops me down to 1429, there is only one crisis in each group which isn’t a group lol. And the pathfinders already have markerlights stated on the codex, but since I didn’t clarify it’s my fault again.

svalene, could you explain why shield generator, photo grenades, and pathfinders should be dropped? Should I put drones in exchange for the shield generators, I have no real experience so I cant see the errors of my ways, you know. Thankx :)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was looking around but I couldn’t find an area for army lists, so Saint102 where is the appropriate place to post these?:cry:

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have been playing Tau for a very long time. Shield generators should be used when their is not alot of terrain or when you are deepstriking a crisis. If their isnt alot of terrain it means they cant take full advantage of the jump shoot jump ability which the jetpack is cabable of. Its one of the few moves that keep crisis suits alive. Path finders are all about who is using them. Some people love them and use them all the time while others hate them. They are very hard to learn to use effectivly when you are just starting out. I only take them in matches of 1500 pts and more. And even then dont like them. Drones Are also one of those units you have to use a couple times to see if you like them. I dont use them with crisis suits. I also only ever use single suits so you dont have to worry their. If you take three and some die you will be taking leadership test out the wazoo. Also watch out for bodygaurd on the HQ cause he loses his IC ability. If you attach drones to him it counts as a unit and he can be targeted. I dont use photon grenades because i play a mech style army. My troops are mobile enough so you dont need them. They are ment for more static players who need an extra turn to hold the ranks.

Hope this helps.

PS if you go to the forum jump at the very bottom of this page look for the section labled TAU ARMY LIST.

·
Registered
419 Posts
spec.ops said:
Looks like I goofed, they were 170pts each and I put 240, in reality they were 340 LOL. Just take one out and this drops me down to 1429, there is only one crisis in each group which isn’t a group lol. And the pathfinders already have markerlights stated on the codex, but since I didn’t clarify it’s my fault again.

svalene, could you explain why shield generator, photo grenades, and pathfinders should be dropped? Should I put drones in exchange for the shield generators, I have no real experience so I cant see the errors of my ways, you know. Thankx :)
Yeah, looks like you forgot to pay the 50pts for the rails. You were right pathfinders come with marker lights, we should know that. Most people dont like shield generators cauz their damn expensive and your suits should almost never be in LOS anyway. Drones are sorta fubar'd atm and again very expensive. Photon grenades should only be used if you plan on being assaulted and while your warriors have that devilfish, this should never happen, look up 'Fish of Fury' for more information.

As for pathfinders...these guys will (probably) get a lot more useful soon, but right now their use is dubious. For their cost, you'r probably better off buying more actual shots than helping aim other guns. Only really feasable for helping railguns aim at things like monoliths and landraiders right now...meh.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts