Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious about something and I was hoping someone here would know the answer. Take out your Bretonnain army book, turn to the very last page where a lone knight is fighting against a red dragon on the inside back cover. I dont have my book with me at work but the horse and rider seem like a unique sculpt.

Did this model ever exist or was it a conversion just done for rule book fluff?

That horse model looks amazing and I love the paint scheme and the pose, it really shows the idea of a lone knight with Heroic Killing blow just going around and one-shotting monsters.

Thanks for helping me solve this mystery.

·
i am da Wahhchief
2,419 Posts
That is indeed a conversion. A very impressive one actually. whoever made it should be bragging about it, but nobody is.

The Dragon
is an altered Carnosaur's body, the wings seem to be basic dragon wings, with added (greenstuffed?) tips

The rider
is mostly the green Knight, but the picture might be in mirrorview! The knight's head i don't know. and if you look closely, you can see the arms have been replaced, but the shoulders are still as green knight, up onto the little petals of the Fleur-de-Lis that are his sleeves.
The horse:
the head seems like the Green Knight's mount head (without the big feather) and a few details removed. it looks like a standard horsemount, with alot of alteration work and the tail might be green knight's mount tail again.

I have been watching that piece of art many times, it makes me want to convert stuff =D

Conversions are allways better.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the insight! I cant believe I didnt really notice the Green Knight parts before.

I have to look at it again when I get home. Damn, I was hoping for some like Games Day lesser known Bret model that I could score on ebay lol.

It is very impressive, I'm glad Im not the only one to think that.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I would agree definitely a lot of the green knight model. Digger has it spot on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts