Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i play a word bearer army and when i was going to sign up for the eot they wanted a name for my army and a name for my commander. what kind of names does wordbearers use?

·
Registered
11 Posts
The great army of Marginal stains, bearers of the wise wisdom of smudged marginal notes :p
With the all knowing commander Red stain

·
1,019 Posts
Any cool sounding name will do. Good source materials are in movies, comics, holy scriptures and most literature (yepp, most literature!)
Try to make it have authority. For instance: The name Jaz has a nice ring to it, but it carries no real authority does it? But Jazandro! Now thats another story. And even better: Jazandro Keeper of the Burning Seal. You see? Now you have a name with authority PLUS something that makes people go "Huh? whats this burning seal?" and thus you introduce your characters fluff.

When i make names i just string letters, wordsor basically anything together. Most if its crap but some of it is gold! Like this Jazandro, im gonna keep that. :lol:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Im sorry but jazzandro sounds like some kind of washing up liquid. Try to vary names of other word bearers. FInd some text see what type of names they use and make up your own thats similar

·
1,019 Posts
Oh yeah? Well Emazrael sounds like a girls name...you a girly marine?... :lol:

·
Registered
959 Posts
well i guess its what abaddon plans to do when he meets up with the emperor
"emperor? what a wussy"

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Aye.
"Who calls himself emperor? You gotta be a real ass for that. Heck my name is Abaddon, that means Devil. Now there's a manly name!"
Hmm maybe that's what Horus used to say too.

·
Registered
346 Posts
My name Moncs cmome from the word Haemonculus, which is hebrew I think for foetus. The transliteration ( not the translation ) means " little man "
hey I'm 6'5"

·
Registered
7 Posts
;) I Collect Word Bearers, and i thought this may help. Here are the names of some of my Independant Characters:

Daemon Prince - Tichondrius - Tiy-kon-dree-us

Sorcerer - Aramachus - A-ram-ak-us

Aspiring Champion - Leth I'Chamon - leth-I-Ka-mon
/\
This name i made up from The Hordes of Chaos Armied Book. Look near the back under 'The Dark Tounge' (The language of Chaos). Translated, it reads 'The Lord of The Sands' (My Gaming Board is a desert theme)

If your really stuck, Try Looking into Mythology, or even Fantasy Computer Games.
Aramachus and Tichondrius are both of a game called 'Warcraft III'. Even Better, Try Dictionarys for different languages. Latin is always good for the Imperium, Norse for Nurgle and Egyptian for thousand sons or Tzeentch.
Give it a go, and tell me what you Think.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Bornindarkness? I get wat u mean. Wat is the emperor doin? Sittin on a block of metal with a pipe up his arse. God! (OUCH) He seriously needs a facelift!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I used to play word boyz and had an interesting storyline which could be of use. You know how nurgle was a real god? He was the ancient sumerian god of plague. Its true. so, going with that logic, i chose to name my word bearers the keepers of the flame. They wworshipped in addition to the four gods another god from ancient times which was reawakening, Ishtar. God of fertility, god of pleasure, but most importantly, god of war. My commanders name was and still is Antimachos. old style greek sun god. try reading all thos old books on greek mythology great stuff in there. got my from a book called horses of heaven.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Nice. I don't know where my commander's name (and my forum name) came from. Antioch I first heard on Star Wars Ep 2, at the very beginning, when Mace Windu was saying that Obi-wan and Anakin were returning from a border dispute on Antioch. I liked the sound of the word, and took it for a name. I also like my Chosen Champion's name, Kor'ic Therion. I got Kor'ic from my friend, who chose that as a name for a WWF No Mercy character (N64 rawks) and I got Therion from Aleister Crowley, who went by the nickname Master Therion. All in all, you just have to look at very unorthodox sources for some bitchin' names.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
army name Signifer Veritas (latin Signifer = thruth Veritas = bearer)
commander Thanatos (some god and the name for one of the mechs in mechwarrior)

i used these when i registered for eot

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.