Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Always Fabulous
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever I look at the Wave Serpents and Hammerheads/Devilfish in the local GW they all seem to have one thing in common - the various lines and creases in the vehicle are very neat and defined, as is the case with Tau armour. Drybrushing seems to blur these lines and I am somewhat at a loss as to how to keep them tidy. Any advice on this?

·
Registered
30 Posts
it takes control of the brush and not drybrushing. you have to acually paint and manage to leave those lines unpained.

·
Slave to the flesh
3,354 Posts
Ink it. Put some black ink in the lines (this works really well on the falcon) and it makes them stand out without looking painted on.

·
Thread Killer!
2,642 Posts
I am not 100% sure what exactly you are referring to. Are you referring to the indentations in the model or painting straight lines onto the model. For indentations inking is a good quick method to darken those lines any spillover can be carefully touched up.

If you are referring to painting straight lines - one thing you could try is using masking tape (I would recommend the kind you pick up at your local art supply store - it is usually blue and comes in various thicknesses). Basically apply the mask in the desired pattern and paint your line. Carefully pull up the mask and you are left with a crisp line.

Cheers,

-Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts