Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since Necromunda is being re-released this year, I was curious to see how many people here played it or still play it?

Until recently I was still playing in a four year campaign. It was a total blast! We had some great scenarios that ranged from funny to downright murderous! When I heard that they were putting it out again I was very excited, it is my favorite GW game, and I can't wait to start again with new players.

Now if they would only make multipart plastic gangs...(I dont mean the crappy Orlocks and Golaiths, plastics on par with the stuff they're putting out now.)

·
Registered
131 Posts
There are new plastics coming out along with the new book (now called Necromunda: Underhive). I've seen pics of the orlocks and goliaths...trust me, you won't be disappointed! The rules aren't going to be changed so if you have the current books you won't need to re-buy everything. We're getting ready to start a campaign here in a couple of weeks. Necromunda rules!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm really looking forward to this. I played Eschers against my friends' Orlocks and Goliaths. Great fun was had by all, even when I watched my veteran of 8 battles die a horrible meltagun death.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah sometimes the dice rolls can be cruel indeed, I lost a heavy with bs 6 and a one in a million Hvy Bolter to a stray shotgun blast, she fell, went out of action and died! This was the first game after getting the Hvy Bolter and I had just about sold everything I had to get it! Eventually my gang recovered but it was a brutal loss!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Bummer about the one in a million heavy bolter (that's about the best rare item in the game!). That's why I love Necromunda so much, you actually get attached to your gang and its always fun to see what alliances, rivalries, and outright hatred grows between the gangs in the campaign. We need to start sharing campaign ideas here, since having an onging campaign with events and so on is pretty involved and requires alot of ideas. I'm in the process of writing a campaign plan, and as soon as its nearly done, I'll post it for opinions and sugggestions. Until then, may your aim be true and your bolters jam free! :D

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I know one thing in particular that can help a Necro campaign out. Every week we (mostly I) put out a newsletter that was essentially the cover of the underhive newspaper. Headlines were any big happenings that week and sometimes bounties were posted, funerals announced...etc. One of my favorite things involved my gang. During a particularly blody and strange game against a rival Van Saar gang one of my Escher Juves managed to put 4 gang members, including the Leader, out of action in Close Combat. After the game all 4 rolled dead on the recovery table. Quite fittingly one of her advances was Killer Reputation. After her story appeared in the newsletter, every rival gang was terrified of her! It's cool how simple things like that can add such flavor to a campaign.

·
Registered
131 Posts
That's a great idea! In fact, I think I'll have to do that! I'm trying to decide if we should time-limit our campaign or not. I was thinking 10-12 weeks ending in a final big scenario before restarting would be good. Players who wanted to would be allowed to re-hire old gang members in subsequent campaigns if the could afford them and they were still using the same house (maybe even use them as hired guns with cost determined by a percentage of their rating).

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Our campaign lasted 4 years but we generally broke it down into 3 month segments, after that the gang usually retired. But at the end of it all, the best gangs teamed up to drive out a massive Chaos Space Marine invasion into the underhive...it was an intense battle in the end an Inqusitor arrived and was so impressed with some of the gangers he took them as part of his retinue...great fun was had by all!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Now you've done it...must get more gangers! What kind of gang ratings were you seeing by 3 months? Were you playing once weekly? How did you structure your campaign? The last one I played in was a weekly league at the shop where I used to work (5 years ago!). I haven't played necromunda since, but I am really itching to play again!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We were hardcore Necro junkies...I would on occasion play 4 or 5 times a day! at the end of three months we were looking at several gangs at or near the 4000 gang rating point. At 4000 they were pretty much retired, but could be re-hired or brought back for special events.

The campaign was generally open challenges, but every week we would have a kind of tournament for a specific Item or Territory. For example one week a Gambling Den was up for grabs which ever gang had gained the most points in the week was awarded the territory...sometimes we took the top two or three and had tehm fight it out as a big battle! Such major events always made the newsletter.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Cool! Your input is really going to make a big improvement in my campaign planning. It is much appreciated. I think we're going to make up some modular bridges, pipes, and catwalks to make my cityfight table into the underhive. I've been looking at some resin pieces from armorcast that are pretty sweet, and I am using buildings from www.crusader29.com for the city. I'll be sure to post pics as it all comes together.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My gang rating was about 2500 after 3 months of playing. Endless nights and mornings were spent on their advancement.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Heh, my friend told me about it over the summer and I knew I had to get me a gang ;) I particularly liked it cause it's a whole other game for less than 40 bucks practically :p As such, I opted to get a gang of House Delaque offa ebay; approximately 18 gang members. I can't wait til have my first game ;) By the way, who needs large forums when you've got Necromunda? :p

Timbo

·
Registered
196 Posts
I think that necromunda is by far the best GW game out there. I miss playing it very much. My friends and I played necromunda for the longest time. I have since moved to alaska and we don't really play anymore. I really don't know anyone out here that plays necromunda. I should honestly email my friends from hesperia and have them mail me my gang, seeing as it's still there. I played escher and have quite a bit of models. Between myself and my friends we own all of the gangs. We each started off with one gang each. and then we started buying gangs together and playing team gangs. Where as all of us had our own primary gang that only we played. Then we would each share 2 other gangs between two other players to have a full on gang war that could incorporate any gang. Ahhhhhhh..... I miss necromunda so much.... does anyone know when it's actually supposed to be released. I fear, becuase I've heard rumors of it's re-release for about 2 years now........

·
Registered
6 Posts
Necro was THE game that got me into GW stuff, unless you count Heroquest or Battlemasters.....but anyway, i played the game several times a week, and was sad to see it go. As such, i purchased the new book. Overall, the game is very much the same, only a few differences. I used to play Orlocks, and decided to use some plastic Catachans as part of my newly returned Orlock horde. No luck on locating any other players though, they either sold their stuff or vanished. I'll get back into the game regardless.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.