Necrons: 24

Phase Out at: 6

Models in Army: 26

Total Army Cost: 1000

comments pls..

·
Registered
696 Posts
well for 1000pts you put way too much on your lord. I find the necron loard fine with just an orb. With teh extra point you can get more necron to add to your phase out.

·
Registered
318 Posts
While I don't agree about the actuall cost of the Lord i DO agree that you should have a Res orb in there. Especially with the Tomb Spyder and Monolith, you're all set up to play the "perpetually standing up" Army. Also your Lord is set up for CC, but you don't have any CC units to attach him to, and though he's a badass, he'll get tied up real easy; 3 attacks a round just doesn't tear through troops as well as you'd think. I would drop all the CC stuff and go with a res orb, and a phase shifter to help keep him around. fill out the rest of the points with whatever wargear you think would help, or more warriors.

·
Registered
103 Posts
It looks good, the CC lord could ride with some CC from the guy you would be playing with... and the double tomb spyder is appropriate if you go with them at all... to get that WBB roll on it.

You would need to see where your teammate strength's are. and cater to them. The necrons are a unit. Built-In Need for support from the tomp spyder and the destroyers and all of them.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unnamed1000 Pts - Necrons Army

1 Necron Lord (HQ) @ 205 Pts
WarScythe
Destroyer Body [30]
Phylactery [15]
Phase Shifter [30]
Gaze of Flame [15]
Disruption Field [5]

13 Warriors (Troops) @ 234 Pts
Gauss Flayer

12 Warriors (Troops) @ 216 Pts
Gauss Flayer

3 Destroyers (Fast Attack) @ 150 Pts
Gauss Cannon

1 Tomb Spyder (Heavy Support) @ 55 Pts
Claws

0 Scarabs @ [0] Pts

5 Immortals (Elites) @ 140 Pts
Gauss Blaster

Necrons: 34

Phase Out at: 8

Models in Army: 35

Total Army Cost: 1000

how about this?
I wil be playing alongside Biel-Tan (banshee army)
Ulthwe, (Shooty)
Crimson Fists (50/50)

·
Registered
103 Posts
the Disruption field with the WScythe... the WScythe has 2d6 armour penetration already.

Dropping the Monolith is a smart decision for the points.. you are losing a lot of flexibility with it. but you are gaining a lot of models in its place.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by victoruno@Oct 10 2003, 06:27
the Disruption field with the WScythe... the WScythe has 2d6 armour penetration already.

Dropping the Monolith is a smart decision for the points.. you are losing a lot of flexibility with it. but you are gaining a lot of models in its place.
yeh, but the disrupt field works if you roll a 6 to hit.

if I hit, I can still use the 2d6 from the warscythe, if it doesn't work, I stil get the glancing.
plus I had to use the leftover points.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the 6 on ap roll is for gauss weapons

a disruption field is better, if you roll a 6 to hit, it wil be a glancing hit.

·
Registered
857 Posts
If you're playing a 2v2, you can afford to drop some warriors. Minimize squads to make room for a Heavy Destroyer. Those things are nasty as all get-out, especially against Avatars and Nids. You only really need one if you're already packing Destroyers, to punch through annoying Termies and Carnifexes/Hive Tyrants/Avatars.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.