Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came up with this list just yesterday.....

1 Necron Lord [210 pts]
+ Warscythe
+ Res. Orb
+ Destroyer Body
+ Phase Shifter
+ Chronometron

Necron Warriors x 10 [180 pts]
Necron Warriors x 10 [180 pts]

Immortals x 8 [224 pts]

Wraith x 2 [82 pts]
Destroyers x 4 [200 pts]

Tomb Spyder [55 pts]
Heavy Destroyers x2 [130 pts]
Monolith [235 pts]
TOTAL [1496 pts]

What do u think about this list? Anyone have any suggestions about this army list? Any help will be useful!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
That is a good army, but i have a few suggestions. I don't have a necron codex with me right now, so i could be wrong.
First of all, i think you should take out the immortals (and some upgrades if nessecary) to make room for some Pariahs. They may be a lot more points, but they have the same guns and a warscythe.
Second, it might not be a good idea to combine the res. orb with a destroyer body, unless the res. orb is not for the slower-moving troops.
Third, it may be a good idea to replace the tomb spyder with another heavy destroyer, so you have more anti-tank weapons. With the 2 heavy destroyers together, it may be a waste to fire one shot at a weak-armored tank, then not be able to fire the second shot,so the new heavy destroyer can take out weak tanks while the 2 heavy destroyers can work together to take out tough tanks like Land Raiders.
Other than that, it's a great army:yes:

·
Registered
2 Posts
That is a good army, but i have a few suggestions. I don't have a necron codex with me right now, so i could be wrong.
First of all, i think you should take out the immortals (and some upgrades if nessecary) to make room for some Pariahs. They may be a lot more points, but they have the same guns and a warscythe.
Second, it might not be a good idea to combine the res. orb with a destroyer body, unless the res. orb is not for the slower-moving troops.
Third, it may be a good idea to replace the tomb spyder with another heavy destroyer, so you have more anti-tank weapons. With the 2 heavy destroyers together, it may be a waste to fire one shot at a weak-armored tank, then not be able to fire the second shot,so the new heavy destroyer can take out weak tanks while the 2 heavy destroyers can work together to take out tough tanks like Land Raiders.
Other than that, it's a great army:yes:

·
Registered
2 Posts
sorry about the double post

·
Registered
130 Posts
sorry blackmane, but i disagree completely with you.

ok, my suggestions are as follows (trying to sound all official like ;P):

First of all, i wouldnt go with the destroyer lord. go for a "standard" VoD and Res Orb lord to teleport those immortals around. that CC destroyer lord isnt doing anything for you. 1 cc IC is not the way to go. especially since it'll always be outnumbered, and doesnt have a group to go around with.

Second, drop the heavy destroyers. every weapon in your army can take out a vehicle, being able to penetrate isnt smart, especially since you could have 3 times the amount of shots that can glance for less than those heavy D's.

Third, drop the wraiths. in a group of 2, theyre not gonna do much. most enemies see things that scary and fast as a high priority target and will unload into them.

with the points from that, you could either A) buy 11 more warriors, B) load up on more destroyers (can never have too many destroyers, trust me) C) get some scarabs with d fields, D) split it up amongst the three of the above choices. i personally would go with the destroyers. 4 destroyers can do massive damage. with those, you can have 24 S 6 AP 4 shots with an effective range of 48'' (after 12'' movement).

but other than some units that arent useful unless they fulfill a specific role or work with something else, looks good. have fun!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Grand Master Halls said:
First of all, i wouldnt go with the destroyer lord. go for a "standard" VoD and Res Orb lord to teleport those immortals around. that CC destroyer lord isnt doing anything for you. 1 cc IC is not the way to go. especially since it'll always be outnumbered, and doesnt have a group to go around with.
Hmmmm this with the lord i will think it again....I have to test him in a combat to see what is the best option

Grand Master Halls said:
Second, drop the heavy destroyers. every weapon in your army can take out a vehicle, being able to penetrate isnt smart, especially since you could have 3 times the amount of shots that can glance for less than those heavy D's.
The heavy D's i put them for the very naughty tanks or characters

Grand Master Halls said:
Third, drop the wraiths. in a group of 2, theyre not gonna do much. most enemies see things that scary and fast as a high priority target and will unload into them.
Well even if they will unload into them can be used as a decoy and destract the enemy units....

Grand Master Halls said:
with the points from that, you could either A) buy 11 more warriors, B) load up on more destroyers (can never have too many destroyers, trust me) C) get some scarabs with d fields, D) split it up amongst the three of the above choices. i personally would go with the destroyers. 4 destroyers can do massive damage. with those, you can have 24 S 6 AP 4 shots with an effective range of 48'' (after 12'' movement).
Well add up more destroyers is an idea that i am thinking of. Always depends of the scenario and the army i will be playing with.
I will think though for ur suggestions...Thx alot man!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Cp_Morgan said:
The heavy D's i put them for the very naughty tanks or characters
i believe every necron player that has ever existed has thought that.

but normally, if you have a character with multiple wounds that needs to be gotten rid of, it has more than 4T (in most cases) so youre not gonna be taking out any IC with insta-kill.

I personally am fonder (?) of having 3 times the amount of shots, and 3 less strength, because it can glance anything, and costs less. idk it just has always made more sense to me.

Cp_Morgan said:
Well even if they will unload into them can be used as a decoy and destract the enemy units....
ahh but they will most likely last 1 round of shooting, and almost any squad at minumum number can take them out. trust me, i LOVE wraiths, i just dont think they would work well with your current army, because if the opponent is smart, (s)he will just ignore them completely, then when you get within charge range, (s)he will charge, and will have more attacks. unfortunately, 2 dont work very well. if youre using wraiths, load up on them.

Cp_Morgan said:
Well add up more destroyers is an idea that i am thinking of. Always depends of the scenario and the army i will be playing with.
I will think though for ur suggestions...Thx alot man!
anytime!

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
I would have to agree with Grand Master Halls on almost every point.

Lemme critique your list unit by unit to make it easier:

For your lord, I would definitly heavily advise you to make this into a standard VoD lord so he can run around with your Immortals. It really increases their efectivness to be teleported and also has his SoL to add to the firepower.

Your warriors are ok, but as a matter of personal preference I would like to see them brought to two squads of 12.

Your Immortals are great, at 1500 pts you dont need a full squad of 10 for them to be effective, as long as you have a lord with them to teleport.

As to the Wraiths I have to agree with GM Halls, you need to get rid of the two wraiths, they are an expensive distraction that wont even distract very well since they are so fragile in small numbers. I definitely reccomend ditching them.

Destroyers are always nice. Would like to see two squads of 3 but you cant have everything.

As for your tomb spyder, I recomend dropping him along with the wraiths for about the same reason. The TS's main job is to support your warriors with countercharges in case they get stuck in CC. With only one TS it isn't going to accomplish much. I recomend dropping it and seperating the unit of two heavy d's into seperate squads.

This also makes your heavy d's harder to kill since they can both be wiped out by a single squads firepower.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Your first Lord is illegal (too much wargear) and his total would be 220... so i would def make him a standard VoD lord as Demandred recommended or find him a new purpose

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oric said:
Your first Lord is illegal (too much wargear) and his total would be 220... so i would def make him a standard VoD lord as Demandred recommended or find him a new purpose
Oups how i missed this......Thx a lot for ur noticing man!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Demandred said:
For your lord, I would definitly heavily advise you to make this into a standard VoD lord so he can run around with your Immortals. It really increases their efectivness to be teleported and also has his SoL to add to the firepower.
Yes true for the VoD and ResOrb but i want to protect him somehow....phase shifter is important!!!

Demandred said:
Your warriors are ok, but as a matter of personal preference I would like to see them brought to two squads of 12.
Well i am thinking of raising their numbers....

Demandred said:
As to the Wraiths I have to agree with GM Halls, you need to get rid of the two wraiths, they are an expensive distraction that wont even distract very well since they are so fragile in small numbers. I definitely reccomend ditching them.
ok i will ditch them put the points somewhere else maybe more warriors or destroyers

Demandred said:
As for your tomb spyder, I recomend dropping him along with the wraiths for about the same reason. The TS's main job is to support your warriors with countercharges in case they get stuck in CC. With only one TS it isn't going to accomplish much. I recomend dropping it and seperating the unit of two heavy d's into seperate squads.
i think is a nice idea of dropping the TS and put a HD.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok i thought about the army list again and i came up with the following list

1 Necron Lord [200 pts]
+ VoD
+ Res. Orb

Necron Warriors x 12 [216 pts]
Necron Warriors x 12 [216 pts]

Immortals x 8 [224 pts]

Destroyers x 2 [100 pts]
Destroyers x 2 [100 pts]

Heavy Destroyers x 1 [65 pts]
Heavy Destroyers x 1 [65 pts]
Monolith [235 pts]
TOTAL [1421 pts]

I have 79 pts left where should i use them ?

I thought for 4 flayed ones or 4 more warriors. Any other suggestions ?

·
Registered
130 Posts
i would go for some warriors... if thats wat you want... 4 flayed ones will do absolutely nothing. NOTHING. o wait! good idea (possibly, i just woke up so it might not be =P) just grab 1 more destroyer, then you can add another warrior. but you'd still have points left over... after the destroyer you could get... an immortal? or is you squad ful...

NO forget what i just said lol

you need to get yourself a tomb spyder.
Blocks LoS
MC- can do damage in CC due to power weapon attacks
Extra tank busting (6+2D6)
make scarabs (i dont think you have to pay for the scarabs... idk im crazy sometimes so i could be so wrong its not even funny)

MOST IMPORTANTLY, CAN KEEP YOUR WARRIORS ALIVE!!!!

then with those 24 points
grab urself a warrior

thats what i would do.

maybe i like spyders too much, but i think theyre tons of help. even if it doesnt do much during the game, it is pretty intimidating, so it might be a fire magnet, but usually they do more than you would think, as the enemy thinks (ha! WS2... time to ignore the massively monstrous creature)

idk... everything i just said might be completely wrong... i just woke up 8 minutes ago

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
:wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

LOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLL u got me confused now.......what i should add at the end ?

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

·
Registered
130 Posts
haha sorry, im more awake now.

O.K. if i were you, i'd choose between another Destroyer and a Warrior, or a tomb Spyder and a warrior.

I woulld lean towards the spyder, but many people like destroyers.

its up to u in the end

1 - 16 of 16 Posts