Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am starting Necrons for the first time. Please advise on the below.
I like the balance of this army and the range of units.

My inital ideas;
The Lord, immoratals, warriors and the spyders are the core supported by the destroyers. Scarabs are a throwaway unit as they are not scoring, so either delaying units, soaking charges or perhaps counter charges. flayed ones for countercharges and objective grabbing w. infiltrate. Monolith for re-rolls of WBB and killing ability, to deep strike if possible.

The List;

Necron Lord - Staff of Light, Res. Orb, Gaze of Flame 155

6 Immortals 168
6 Immortals 168
7 Flayed Ones 126

10 Warriors 180
10 Warriors 180
10 Warriors 180

4 Destroyers 200
4 Destroyers 200
8 Scarabs 96

Tomb Spyder - Particle Projector 55
Tomb Spyder - Particle Projector 55
Monolith 235

TOTAL - 1998

Thanks

·
kut maar krachtig
1,323 Posts
well seems a bit plain to be honoust. ofc it will work you got a lot of firepower. but I think it will be boring to play i personnaly prever some wraiths. gaze of flam is a good call though the staff of light isn't it 's too short ranged and the BS skill of a TS is to low. You also loose an cc attack which is much better. just make 2 units of 10 immortals so they stand a chance against cc armies. but besides that just try it and see how it end's

·
kut maar krachtig
1,323 Posts
i would advise the following list:

Lord, Orb, SoL, des body,phase shifter
Lord, Orb, warsythe, ghaze of flame

10 pariahs
10 flayed ones

13 warriors
10 warriors

5 destroyers
3 wraiths
3 wraiths

2 heavy destroyer
1 tombspider

leave your foot lord with your paraihs and warriors and spider and move them up
wraiths and des lord zoom and kill.
destroyers move and take out armour and low armour troops.
Use your flayes ones as infeltrate unit to tie up troop advance and move up your warriors and lord/paraihs

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all,

I dont think it will be too boring for me as i am new to necrons as an army.

You guys a certain the particle projector/staff of light on the Tomb spyders are a waste of time???? three shots versus one cc attack?? how about one with two claws the other particle projector?

·
Registered
69 Posts
i would advise the following list:

Lord, Orb, SoL, des body,phase shifter
Lord, Orb, warsythe, ghaze of flame

10 pariahs
10 flayed ones

13 warriors
10 warriors

5 destroyers
3 wraiths
3 wraiths

2 heavy destroyer
1 tombspider

leave your foot lord with your paraihs and warriors and spider and move them up
wraiths and des lord zoom and kill.
destroyers move and take out armour and low armour troops.
Use your flayes ones as infeltrate unit to tie up troop advance and move up your warriors and lord/paraihs
No monolith in 2k game? And I think you've got too low phase out too. I can see that you prefel melee 'crons, but that's not a very competitive list. There's really little fire power considering gauss fire is what makes necron's shine. It might be fun to play but I wouldn't have too hight expectations about it.

·
kut maar krachtig
1,323 Posts
I think you are forgetting that paraihs have a gauss blaster. and a monolith is so overrated. plus phase out isn't a threat considering the 2 Resurection Orbs. and u forget the fact that the paraihs and the flayed ones can even make just about any force turn around and run. and the warsyths are pretty nice 2 :). and yeah I prefer to use the CC crons because it works pretty good and it makes for much more interresting playing, even in tournement. because it's not something they will expect.

and yeah sirath the bs skill of the TS is to low and it's a boss killer just send it at high BS and Thougness guys it needs to roll a 5+ and a 5+ anyways. just use them as counter charge units. and u will miss that extra cc attack when your spider is in CC and it will me in cc a lot. and try to make your immortal squads a bit bigger so u can teleport a nica pack of necrons using the monolith groups of 6 or 7 are just a bit to small in my opinion. Just see what u like best and just play test it when you are building just do 1000 pt games and prectice:) and btw i'm a new player 2 but i like to try the odd-ball aproach :p

·
Registered
69 Posts
Pariahs might be usefull in some situations, but mostly they're just expensive and, atleast when playing with my other army Da boyz, I'd never run away from pariahs. They'd be closer to "good victory points gained without much trouble".

·
Registered
69 Posts
Pariahs don't gain flayed ones "terrifying visage" even if you have them at the same melee. I agree they're nice and rarely used, but they're only good at a few situations (like charging against terminator squad), but without WBB you'll just lose them to shooting before they actually get into melee, specially because they're slow.

·
The Pacifist Wargamer
1,512 Posts
The Fear List, or "Psychological Warfare" as I like to call it, is a really fun list to play, but it doesn't work in tournaments. Nobody takes a C'Tan in tournaments because they die too easily (seriously) and they make the Necrons 'top-heavy'. Not only that, it's a slow list.

That said, though, it's super-fun in casual play environments and playing it will quickly teach you all the intricacies of Leadership vs. Morale.

Reactions: forumjayz

·
kut maar krachtig
1,323 Posts
hey quick long time no see,

yeah it might be a slow list but that doesn't make it less effective. I mean the destoyers and heavy destroyers can shoot long range and move fast. the destroyer lord and his wraith body guard will also be fast and can ty up enemy long range so u go plety of time to get their without being shot all the way there. and against assault armises u have a great advantage. so i would say a list like this would't be that ineffective in tournement play. there is no C'tan and there are plenty of necron body around.

·
No Life King
2,819 Posts
I think a terrifying vistage + gaze of flame would be hilarious to use against Eldar or SM, and watch their units start failing leadership left and right for the first time in their lives.

Sirath as far as partical projectors go, the two times I've used my Tombspyder it's never wounded a target with the weapon. Go with the extra attack.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.