Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Necron Battle Force Box?

4K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  I only serve Nirvana 
#1 ·
hey, i was just wondering what came in the necron battle force box thingy, for 80 dollors, f you can put it up here, cus i need tyo know what to buy and what nto to buy (my b-day in like three weks, moneyz yayz =D)
so, if someone could, that has gottin it, post what i comes with, and ill be happy :lol:

#3 ·
The box set is pretty weak ( warriors, destroyers, scarabs ) , i'd recommend buying two box sets of warriors ( 12 warriors + 3 scarab swarms each ), a lord...and depending on how much more money you got, a destroyer squad and a tomb spider. I just got a tomb spider 2 days ago... and hes freakin awsome. I play this one guy who has a nasty DA chaplain ( 6 pw attacks + jet pack ) and either you can pay 40 for an orb at 6" or 55 for a unit and 12"...

#5 ·
i dont know, this is what i thouyght it came with at first (thank god i checked):
1 speacil addition necron lord(which would be traded to my friend for a normal one)
24 Warriors
3 destroyers
6 scarabs
and the codex...

now i have to type my friends XD...
oh well, hey, how muhc does a boxed set of Nec's cost?

#8 ·
I would suggest getting the battleforce,
10 immortals,
another box of warriors,
2 more destroyers or 3 if you want 2 squads of destroyers.
2-3 heavy destroyers,
1 monolith,
10 Pariahs

[OPTIONAL]
10 flayed ones,
3 wraiths
NightBringer
Deceiver

I know , it's expensive, but you don't have to get it immediately.

work your way to the 40 warriors, for every 20 warriors, get another elitesquad.

#9 ·
well, im gettin the battle force in like 3 weeks (birthday:lol:) and i plan to pick up 10 immortals, like you said, but also 2 more destroyers, 3 heavy destroyers, teh monolith, and a squard o tomb spyders(3) o yea along with 2 more boxes of warroirs...
ill have some extra warriors then if i mess up/brake one or want to convert a few or something like that....note that this is a longterm plan, this will take me a while to get...espeacilly if i dont get a job soon <_<

#10 ·
Originally posted by Zeph@Sep 24 2003, 19:31

1 speacil addition necron lord(which would be traded to my friend for a normal one)
24 Warriors
3 destroyers
6 scarabs
and the codex...
that was the army box set you were thinking off there! they relesed this when they done the codex revisions and brought in the current line of models last year.

darn why did i don't go for necs then oh yes i remember i was building a DA army * does an evil laugh * he-he-he-he.

now were was i oh yes now i have nearly finished that army i am working on my second it's between chaos or necs but frankly i like necs they just have a terminator look about them and they are awsome to be completely honest.

oh well * jumps back in to his YF-1S* now weres that Boss... :ph34r:

#15 ·
Well with taxes.... i live in ontario but that = bout 145 $ wit tax.

#19 ·
I've always found the Necron Battle Box/Force to be extremely limited, and it sorta angers me at the whole "You save ten bucks" Philosphy they have about them. However, just when I'm working up a good rant, I see the Cadian Battle force, which for the same 90$, is a Leman Russ, three Heavy Weapons Teams, and twenty or so Cadian Troopers.

#21 ·
3 Heavy Weapons teams = $30
20 Cadians = $30
1 Leman Russ = $35

For $90 you get $95 worth of stuff

20 Necron Warriors = $50
3 Destroyers = $45
Scarabs = Free with warriors

For $80 you get $95 worth of stuff.

For additional Compairison here's Tau:
12 Fire Warriors = $30
3 Crisis Suits = $45
12 Kroot = $24
Gun Drones = Free with FWs and Crisis Suits

For $90 you get $99 worth of stuff.

Prices listed according to GW website costs and don't include terrain bits. Where a number of models not purchaseable in a seperate box is found price based per sprue. (Boxes of kroot are 16 kroot, boxes of necron warriors are 12 warriors...)

The way I see it necrons save the most! A whole destroyer in fact!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.