Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at grabbing a couple of the 40K novels to help with background fluff for an RP campaign, and was wondering if any focused on Necron or Chaos fluff as a awhole, or had some chapters devoted to them?

I've done a search on the forum, but couldn't find anything, so please point me in the right direction if there's already a thread covering this. :)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Well the book Dark Apostle by Anthony Reynolds is all about a Word Bearers assault on a world and a whole prophecy they're fulfilling and stuff, also Storm of Iron (still need that book >.>) is about an Iron Warriors assault on a world in order to obtain Gene-seed, also Dead Sky Black Sun, while featuring Uriel Ventris, also has Honsou, one of the Iron Warrior lords from Storm of Iron (I believe) and goes into Medrengard and a lot of the Iron Warriors "politics"

·
Ender of Threads
1,306 Posts
Lord of the Night.

Not really a big, Chaos fluff-centric book, but you follow the long lost Zso Sahaal, one of Konrad Kurze's senior commanders and heir to the leadership of the Night Lords Legion on a bloody, terror filled rampage through the dark underbelly of a Hive city, complete with the complex and ugly workings of the business end of the Inquisition and Arbites trying to stop him.
A renegade Psyker Interrogator splits from the Inquisition to join Sahaal, a merciless renegade Tech-Priest plays all sides against one another, you get a reflection on the Night Lords' rise and fall through the eyes of someone who was there to watch it all, the governor of the Hive is murdered by an erstwhile ally, an ancient Eldar plot is revealed and foiled, and an entire world dies in screaming horror as the Night Lords descend to claim an ancient treasure.

...Sounds good, eh?

It's a wonderful look into the darkness that permeates the 40K universe, plenty of great Night Lords material, and overall it's simply an incredible read. Totally worthwhile, whether you use it or not.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Lord of the Night is the gospel for any Night Lord.

I'd also recommend the Gaunts Ghosts for a look at the grunts of chaotic hordes and the same goes for some of the Ciaphas Cain books, he fights chaos in a few and necrons in one.

·
Formerly BrotherAzriel
2,373 Posts
Try Hammer of Deamons for a good look at a Khornate world and Grey Knights for a nice look at some Tzeench goings on!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.