Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
well, I use about 10 different color schemes....but my most usual one is:

Snot green head, Snot green shoulder-pads, all the cables on them Snot green, body and stuff black, joints snot green+mithril silver, gun and eyes mithril silver.

It makes a pretty good looking guy, I think....

Some of my other ones look cool....But ill explain them another time...

-Sephiroth(seph-eye-rohth) - n: The ruler of all Gods-

·
Registered
128 Posts
that would end up for quite a...dark..colored...army?

Anyways, Another one of my schemes I liked was my speacilmixture of paint, Its like chaos black, codex grey, and mythril silver (My hopes at attaining Boltgun metal....)

The paint color came out a very, very dull grey with a little shine to it.(if that even makes sense)

So, what I did was drybrushed it all over my Necron(it was undercoated+basecpated black) with the silver mixture.

After words, I took mithril silver and took a very small little on the brush, just wiped up on him in random places. After I did that, I did the same with green. Then, after green came black.

After painting him, I hacked off some peices with a utility knife(Just small things...somnetimes a shoulder pad was a little more rounded...sometime no shoulderpad at all....The heads, cut gashes and holes into them)

I then repainted the parts hacked off with my way above (I know I should have hacked the peices of BEFORE I painted, but oh well...)

I then flocked the base with some little rocks, and viola! A green rusted necron, looks pretty detailed, and only takes like a half- hour to do!

Caution: Watch out when cutting with knife, its sharp! trust me I know, I stopped doing that scheme for a reason.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I paint mine pretty basic i paint the whole warrior boltgun metal and then lightly brush it with ice blue.There guns are all black cept for one part which is green u guys proABLY KNOW wut part im talking about.

·
Registered
857 Posts
All my people, after their initial coats, have an ink wash. I go for a rusted effect, and it looks AMAZING. My Heavy Destroyer has a Mithril Silver/Boltgun Metal body, with EXTREMELY watered-down Brown ink applied liberally and then washed off. Some patches are entirely removed, some a little, so there appears to be patches of rust. I love it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Mine are painted the standard boltgun metal, but with brazen brass calf thingys, biceps, wrists, and shoulder pads. The heads are black with brazen brass lining. Lords are Boltgun with Mixes and highlights of gold in similar places. My destroyer lord features a really cool fading gold effect on the "Shell" part of his body.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I haven't tried this yet, but someone at my local store told me a gold would look nice. White undercoat, shining gold coat, burnished bronze for highlights, boltgun metal for the joints so it would look like the necrons were wearing golden armor, then either black or red for the eyes. The store even had yellow stuff for the rods for the gun instead the standard green, so it would go better than with the gold look. I'll let you know how it turns out, but I think i will look awsome.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I have seen a really sweet white necron army. For the bone areas paint codex gray then add a heavy drybrush of white and end it with a light wash of brown (very light). They look like the undead but with guns and stuff... scary thought...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.