Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick! Post those pics! Sounds really cool. And yes, Necrons are easy to paint; I painted like 4 Immortals in 4 hours.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ya, It only took me about a week to build & paint my pylon and I put alot of fine detail work into that.

XV-88, I posted the pic not too long ago. Just look around in this forum.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ya, 1 hour after first found out it existed and saw a picy I ordered it.
I received it in the post the day after a games day and had it ready for play the following week having done bugger all else that whole time.
(Lots of coffee was required)
Got a very satisfying "Ooooooo" from everyone when I took it outa my case in GW. :eek:
First battle it was in was a night fight and it never got 1 shot off. :blink: I phased out by turn 3. :angry:
Never to be seen in combat again. Nice deco on my modeling desk though. :p

btw VampD, you can grab the rules from Forge World
Don't have any pics of my pylon yet, only done my lords and the tank so far.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, that really sucks, and the worst kind of "sucks" is "dissapointed sucks"

·
Registered
857 Posts
Disappointed has one "S" and two "P"s. And that must have hurt you so much. "Yea, I've got a Pylon, what you gonna do abou- crap."

·
Registered
43 Posts
My pylon was just in it's second battle.
It survived 4 rounds against BA but only managed to kill one marrine. :angry: lol
But I won anyway, the pylon soaked up SO MUCH fire that just about my whole army made it to hth untouched.

·
Registered
9 Posts
OK. It looks like there hasn't been any real conversations in this thread for awhile. I guess I will post my conversion and see what you all think.

Basically my design is a custon walker using the VDR design system. Here are the basics:

Crypt Guardian: 174pts
WS:4
BS:4
S:5/10
I:2
A:4

Armor: (Heavy Armor Plating)
F:12
S:10
R:10

Type: Walker, Small.
Speed: Agile
Ferocious

Weapons:
Dreadnaught CCW
Additional Dreadnaught CCW
Gauss Blaster (Twin Linked)
Gauss Blaster (Twin Linked)

Enjoy, let me know what you all think. I would appriciate feedback. I have currently no battle report but plan to field it this weekend(hopefully)

·
Registered
128 Posts
wow that looks cool....i wish i had other models to attach to mine ( <_< ) lol, i made a Chaos-Necron and he looks funny...my friend gave me some of his extra parts from his sprue, so i atached a Chaos head, a chaos bolter arm, and a chaos chainsword arm onto a necron body, and painted them, loks funny...he even has a guass bolter..i chopoped the small barrel off on the end of it, took my extra warscythe arm(from lord) and cut it off right where the handle ends, and glued it on the end, then attached a normal warriors gun-end on the end of the green rod. looks pretty cool, im just waiting for some better legs(skinny little necron legs dont look good on somthing bulky like that )

·
Registered
9 Posts
I agree. I am still interested in what is looks. Take some photos and let everyone see. I am currently working on a new necron lord that is going to be partially currupted by choas. Just need to create a good solid back story. I have the model done, not painted though. I will probably post in later this week. Watch for it!

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice in incorporating Warmachine!

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have a plan for a Necron type walker with six bottom halves of Wraith spines (with the pointy bits chopped off) in the little holes on the side of a Destroyer body. Two gauss cannons, like the ones above, mounted on the hover platforn, and a Necron Destroyer Lord body with a Pariah head completes the mix. One arm has a Heavy Gauss Cannon, the other is a standard Destroyer arm. Flayed One blades running along the undersides of the edges make it deadly in CC. I will post stats later.

Deciever: DAMMIT, I gotta start checking which account is signed in here

·
Registered
353 Posts
Wow, I like that conversion alot. Very cool. My only comment would be that I think a necron walker that actually walked would be cool, (they have enough stuff that flies around, I'd like to see a hulking necron machine with feetsies on the ground).

And I didn't know that the pylon was so big, (heard of it, but I guess I've never seen one next to a warrior before, holy [email protected]).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.