Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was talking with a mate last night and we came onto this idea. Just wanted to see what you guys make of these initial WiP rules for a Cron Dread.

0-1 Necron Dreadnought. 175pts

Tank, Walker

WS4 BS4 S6(10) I2 A4 AV F14 S13 R12

Weapons
Right Arm: Warscythe Dreadnought CCW w/ built in Gauss Flayer

Left Arm: Dual Gauss Cannon

Upgrades:
Right Arm, may replace the CCW with the one of following:
Dual Gauss Cannon + 50pts, Dual Heavy Gauss Cannon +75pts

Left Arm, may replace the Dual Gauss Cannon with one of the following:
Warscythe Dreadnought CCW w/ built in Gauss Flayer + 25pts, Dual Heavy Gauss Cannon +75pts

The CCW built in Gauss Flayers may be upgraded to built in Guass Blasters OR Particle Projectors at +10pts each

May be equipped with an Portal for +50pts

May select the following items from the Necron Wargear list at the points costs given there:
Chronometron
Gaze of Flame
Nightmare Shroud
Resurrection Orb
Solar Pulse

Special rules:

Living Metal
As Monolith

Repair
A Tomb Spyder within 6 inches of the Necron Dreadnaught may attempt to repair any Waepon Destroyed or Immoblised result on the Dreadnought on the roll of a 5+. In addition, Crew shaken and Crew stunned results are ignored.
Scarab Swarms within 6" may attempt to repair Immoilised or Weapon Destroyed results on a roll of a 6 OR Crew Shaken and Stunned results can be negated on the roll of a 4+.
Each unit may only make one repair attempt per turn, but the repair attempts may take place individually at any point in any phase. Units making a repair attempt may not perform any other action druing that phase, and the Dreadnought must also remain stationary in any phase in which a repair attempt is made.

Teleportation
A Dread equipped with an Portal may teleport a single unit in a similiar way to a Monolith. In the Movement phase in the same a maximum of 10 Necrons may be phase teleport and re-emerge. Atleast one model from the teleported unit must be within 12" of the Dread before teleportation, and all models must be deployed atleast partially within 2" of the Rear of the Dread. If the Dread is in combat when the unit is teleported then the teleported unit is not destroyed, but instead joins the fight. The unit counts as charging in the coming combat phase.

Feedback welcome! :) Just need to figure out a modelling concept for it now...

·
kut maar krachtig
1,323 Posts
Dude seriously it's way to overpowered and considering i'm a cron playter that's saying a lot the armour is o high considering it's weapons and and portal ability. the range of the portal shoud e in their
Necron Dreadnought

Points 200

Tank, Walker

AV 13, 12, 12

WS4 BS4 S6(10) I2 A4 Ld10

Weapons
Right Arm: Warscythe Dreadnought CCW w/ built in Staff of Light

Left Arm: Dual Gauss Cannon

Upgrades:
Right Arm: Dual Gauss Cannon + 50pts, Dual Heavy Gauss Cannon +75pts

Left Arm: Warscythe Dreadnought CCW w/ built in Staff of Light + 50pts, Dual Heavy Gaus Cannon +75pts

Special rules:
Living Metal: As Monolith

Teleportation: The Dread has a portal at the rear through which it may teleport a maximum of 10 Necron Models in the Movement phase. must be within 12"

·
LO Zealot
1,552 Posts
Very neat idea

I was just thinking it could be something like....

Necron Dreadnought 0-1

Points 200

Tank, Walker

AV 12, 12, 12

WS4 BS4 S6(10) I2 A4 Ld10

Weapons
Right Arm: twin linked gauss blaster OR warscythe + partical projector

Left Arm: twin linked gauss blaster OR warscythe + partical projector

Upgrades:
Right Arm: duel guass cannons + 50pts, duel heavy gauss cannons +75pts

Left Arm: duel gauss cannons + 50pts, duel heavy gauss cannons +75pts Partical whip + 80 pts

Additional upgrades: the drednaught may take up to 100 points of wargear from the necron wargear section EXPECT veil of darkness, and the others that do not apply to vehicles.

Special rules:
Living Metal: As Monolith

Repair: the Necron drednaught maybe repaired by Tomb Spyders, If there is a tomb spyder within 6 inchs of the drednaught any crew stunned results are reduced to crew shaken and when a drednaught sustains a armement destroyed or a immbolized on a roll of a 6 it is repaired.

I decided the tomb spyder rule since it would be cool to see tomb spyders have a better use and more of a viable unit.

·
7,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ooh! the repair rule i like... would give Spyders another nice role. 0-1 also yes... and maybe it could take up 1 Elite and 1 Heavy slot too?

Particle whip upgrade would be too much i think, though i like the Cron wargear access.

Im also thinking ill make the built in Staff of Light an optional upgrade...

Ill edit the first post so far.

·
7,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmm... it has just occurred to me. $ Heavy shots per turn, from a slow moving thing which cant really fight in that case. And it costs more than either C'tan! Possible points revision needed i think.

·
for good and for awesome!
1,492 Posts
My thoughts:

- Whatever the AV (14, 13, 12, etc.), I think it should be standard around the entire model.
- Living Metal, Repari, and Portal should be the mainstays of this unit.
- It is points heavy as has already been pointed out.
- It could do without the limitation if competetively priced.
- I don't think it should access to Wargear.
- As it is with all Necrons, save the Lord, it has too many options to be Necron-ish. Necrons seem to make things for specific tasks. That said, I would make so that it would have two load-outs, one standard and one upgradable. A combat version (with Warscythes, +1A, and SoL equivalents) and a ranged version with some sort of Heavy Gauss Cannon or something completely new, but having the Gauss rule. This could be a pair of TL-Heavy Gauss Cannons or a pair of Gauss Cannons.

gauss_storm's version is more in line with what I imagine.

Reactions: lawk

·
LO Zealot
1,552 Posts
I've been thinking about this idea for a little while and heres waht ive come up with (all weapon upgrades can be bought for both right and left arms, and one additional upgrades may be taken)

WS 4 BS 4 AV 12 , 12 , 12 , S(4) 8 , A 4

weapons:none

weapon upgrades: Twin linked gauss flayers + 15 , twin linked gauss blasters + 20 , twin linked gauss cannons +40, twin linked heavy gauss cannons +60, warscythe and partical projector +20 points, flaying blades (plus 1 to attacks) +8 points.

Additional upgrades: Power Matrix +80 points, I'll make them come back +30 points

While buying the power matrix you amy choose to select 2 ability of which It can use per game, and one power per turn as normal.
1. Portal up to 10 necrons at least artially within 18" may phase out and remerge from the drednuaghts portal
2. Nominate one necron unit within 12" of the drednaught and that turn the unit's Iniative is increased by 1 and its weapon skill is increased by 1.

Special rules:
Living metal: (same as monolith)
Repair: ( any tomb spyders within 12" of the drednaught may attempt weapon destroyed, and immoblized on the drednaught on a roll of 6, additionally in the presences of tomb spyder all crew stunned results are reduced to crew shaken.
I'll make them come back: If bought the drednaught essentially allows the player to count any pariahs in a 12" radius as having the 'bonics' rule

It would be cool to see some more survivability from pariahs. But yeah thats my take on this idea.

·
No Life King
2,819 Posts
I don't argue with the Necrons possible need for a unit but I wonder about the fluff of it. Maybe some kind of automated war machine along the lines of a TS?....wtvr

My thoughts would be that the dreadnoughts would all be equipped with the same weaponry, and also necrons have a tendency to have either a single weapon or claws, (TS again differs from this)

Instead of a vehicle I'd think it would be more along the lines of a larger more deadly TS that's customized more for war.

For a vehicle version though since that's what this thread is considering;

WS:4 BS:4 S:6 (8) A:2(+1) AV:12 (all around) 180pts

Two heavy Warscythes (grant +2 S) w/ incorporated Gauss blasters (get 4 shots)

OR
Warscissors (counts as 2 CC weapons and warscythe +2 S) and a single Gauss Cannon
-Swap out Gauss Cannon for Heavy Gauss cannon at +10 pts.

Living Metal

Many legged (cannot be immobilized)

Repair via Tombspider (I find the fluff of that appealing)

I mostly wanted to keep the necron ideals of being tough and always moving foreward no matter what kind of damage is taken (hence the *many legged* add-in) the gauss rule, but also the dreadnought's efficiency in cc and range.

Have it look relative to a Tomb-Lord except with dual warscythes, and a wraith upper body?

·
7,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ooh.. i like the pariah thing. Though it seems a little random, just like a bunch of rules whacked onto a single model. Hmm... is that hypocritical maybe? lol

·
LO Zealot
1,552 Posts
Well for the naught, It gives you the option of two different kind of unit , if you buy the power matrix and the gauss cannons you have a long ranged mini monolith necron supporter
If you buy 'ill make them come back :p' adn pair it up with partical projectors , warscythes and team it up with a 10 pariahs, 2 destroyers lord with res orbs, 6 wraiths, 20 or so flayed ones you have the basis of a very scarey CC army.

·
No Life King
2,819 Posts
Hmm having it be a Pariah-supporter would be interesting. But really I'd say gut down the random special rules a bit and have it be a more focused unit, almost everything in the Necron army list has one specific use in the army. So having the Pariah support would give it a cool role and also make Pariahs (an honestly decent unit that's really just rejected 'cause of it being a misfit with the army) besides making some really amazing CC necron army builds possible.

·
2,076 Posts
Heavy Support
Necron Dreadnought
Type: Walker, Skimmer points: 150
F 12 S 12 R 12
WS 4 BS 4 S 6(10) I 2 A 2(3)
Weapons: 2 Dreadnought CCWs with built in Gauss Blaster
Options: May replace both CCWs with a pair of Heavy Gauss Cannons for +20 pts. Doing so reduces tis S to 6, it no longer ignores armour svs and has 2 attacks.
Special Rules:
Living Metal

Repair: Immobilized or Weapon Destroyed results may be repaired by Tomb Spider on a 5+ if it is in base contact in the movement phase and does not fire.

Walker, Skimmer: May move 6" a turn, ignoring terrain it moves over. If it finishes its move in difficult terrain it does not need to roll for immobilization. It fires weapons as a walker. Units fighting it in combat roll against WS as normal.

In this way it is a unit that can support the close combat units or be a slowly advancing heavy weapons platform. Much like the dreadnoughts of other races, but as it is a Necron it can only do one or the other effectively. I didn't add a portal as I see it as more of a weapons platform than a giant monolith like device. the unit is still more survivable than a regular dread (between living metal and his ability to move through cover with ease) but does rely on a spider to ensure he remains undamaged if under heavy fire.

Reactions: lawk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Here is my point of view on a Necron Dreadnought.

Heavy Support
Base point cost-235 points

WS-5 BS-4 S-6 FA-13 SA-12 RA-11 I-3 A-2

Weapons:
Right Arm- Dreadnought close-combat weapon (free)/ Dreadnought Warscythe Close-combat weapon (25 points)/Twin Linked Gauss Cannon with gatling rule [fires 3D3 shots](free)
Left Arm- Twin Linked Gauss Cannon with gatling rule [fires 3D3 shots](free)/Dreadnought close-combat weapon (free)/ Dreadnought Warscythe Close-combat weapon (25 points)
Note: If dreadnought has taken two Warscythe's, increase its number of attacks by 2 rather than 1

May be upgraded with:
Left shoulder-Long Barreled Heavy Gauss Cannon [AA mount/Range 54 inches](20 points)/Gauss Cannon with gatling rule [fires 3D3 shots](10 points)
Right Shoulder-Long Barreled Heavy Gauss Cannon [AA mount/Range 54 inches](20 points)/Gauss Cannon with gatling rule [fires 3D3 shots](10 points)

Special Rules:
Living Metal, Orbital Lander (May deep strike into play), Repair (A Tomb Spyder within 6 inches may attempt to repair a weapon destroyed or immobilized result. Neither Tomb Spyder nor dreadnought may move or fire that turn, and on a roll of 5+ the repair is successful ), I'll Be Back (as long as their is a Tomb Spyder within 6 inches the dreadnought may make a WBB attempt on a 5 plus if death occurs [may only repair if it doesn't take a destroyed-explodes! result]), Crewless (ignores crew shaken and stunned results)

Vehicle Add-ons:
Phylactery [increase the WBB roll to a 4 plus](25 points), Nightmare Pulse [counts as a shooting weapon. Forces every squad within 18 inches to to take a morale check](25 points),Solar pulse [as listed in the codex for cancelling the night fighting rules and for causing the other player to use night fighting rules for every Necron unit on the board](25 points), Shroud [4+ obscured save](20 points)

AA mount would only be affected in Apocalypse games.

For modeling I would suggest an ironclad dreadnought as a base, then for cannons mutilate destroyers as needed. For the Warscythe I would suggest the Nightbringer’s scythe (I don’t know about that, the size may be wrong). Heavy losses of expensive models but make sure you pin the dread so you can switch weapons. Take the spine off a wraith and attach to the dread after removing the exhaust things to fit in with the rest of the army spine thing.

Just my perspective (and if you added the most expensive and as many as possible of the upgrades, it totals up to 400 points), I hope you take up on my suggestion. I’m going to build one myself. ill post pictures someday. I’m looking forward to using this thing in a battle!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts