Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello all, got something to share with you.

I just finished this Necron Lord Conversion recently. I've been wanting to do one for a while, partially inspired by the way the Necron Lord in Dawn of War looks.

I basically combined an Immortal, destroyer lord, destroyer, bits of a Chaos Lord, and Green stuff to accomplish this.

All hieroglyphs were hand painted.

Took me roughly 16 hours.

I haven't finished the base, I'll do it at a later time, (Never liked doing bases, just me :x )

Anyways let me know what you all think. :)

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s184/acolitedevart/NecronLordConversionShowcase001b.jpg

·
things will change
2,707 Posts
Acolite, please do not post pics larger than 700px wide.
That one was freaking huge.
I guess you did put the warning up there, which was nice, but the forum rules do ask that you keep pics under 700px wide.

You can read them over **here**

I've edited your pic into a link for now.

Thanks,
-t.

·
Gentlemen.
738 Posts
just by eyeballing it, if you didn't montage it together, and just put up a string of images, It would have been within the forum rules.

Aside from that, looks like a nice conversion, very solid.

·
Sadomachiatto
7,076 Posts
It's a wonderful pose, and it's incredibly well painted!

But, I can't help but feel the caption should be:

"Damn them all - I wanted Golden Delicious."

:D

of course, in my twisted mind that just makes it all the more cool.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The conversion is nice, I think it looks very seamless and clean. What I have a problem with is the paint job. The paint looks really bumpy and it seems like you didn't water down your paints at all (hence the bumpiness). Besides that, the gold trim on the shoulders is somewhat messy, and you haven't gotten many highlighting steps (I know it's really hard to highlight metal, so it's not that bad though).

·
Father of the Failed
1,170 Posts
"Damn them all - I wanted Golden Delicious."
Ha ha ha ha. Pretty much what I though. The Necron hunger for really good apples is never satisfied.

The model - very nice indeed. Well converted and I do like the freehand detail. The blood on the staff is good, and the battle damage to its back adds to the image.

Good job buddy. Now make a resurrection bananorb! :)

Rich.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Aww crap...

Acolite, please do not post pics larger than 700px wide.
That one was freaking huge.
I guess you did put the warning up there, which was nice, but the forum rules do ask that you keep pics under 700px wide.

You can read them over **here**

I've edited your pic into a link for now.

Thanks,
-t.

Sorry, I didn't know, my bad for not reading that. >_<

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The conversion is nice, I think it looks very seamless and clean. What I have a problem with is the paint job. The paint looks really bumpy and it seems like you didn't water down your paints at all (hence the bumpiness). Besides that, the gold trim on the shoulders is somewhat messy, and you haven't gotten many highlighting steps (I know it's really hard to highlight metal, so it's not that bad though).

Hrmm... ya, I noticed that as I was painting, mainly with his head, that is where it seems the worst, I was hoping for a much smoother result, at least it kinda gives him a more ancient feel. :x

Highlight I can probably do a bit of still.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts