Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Monkey of Mystery
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys- just a heads-up to let you know that I've posted a rake of necron pictures in the gallery. There'll be a few more to follow. These were an army-standard commision job from a few years ago that I just had the chance to photograph. I dig the Tomb Lord (Destroyer body, phylactery, phaseshifter, warscythe)- he's formidable.

·
Registered
622 Posts
How did you do the TS Lord? I was thinking of doing something similar. What does the 'TS focusing array' do? Is that included on your Lord?

Do the legs come together, or as 3 bits?

I was thinking of getting just the bits I needed from the GW site. I was thinking TS carapace, 3*TS legs, DLord body, arms, 'Scythe, spine. And, of course, some green stuff.

Anything else needed?

·
Monkey of Mystery
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've had quite a few queries about the Tomb lord but he's a bit tricky to describe so I'll do some photos (luckily I have a TS in bits so I can get pics) and write a clear explanation. I'll drop in it the conversions area in a few days and let you know. Thanks for the comments, guys.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Pretty nice!
Be careful to mix a bit of water with your paint, though (yup, even for drybrushing), it'll thin out the paint and you'll avoid the grainy effect.

·
Monkey of Mystery
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
AKM said:
Pretty nice!
Be careful to mix a bit of water with your paint, though (yup, even for drybrushing), it'll thin out the paint and you'll avoid the grainy effect.
That's a valid call but they don't look that grainy in real life. I think it's a combo of low pixel count and high zoom- I'm still refining my photography. Most of the army was painted in one weekend (40 warriors, the scarabs, 5 immortals, both lords, 2 TS, the wraiths and the dead guys) so I'm pretty happy with them.
When you thin your paints for drybrushing don't you find that they smear more?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts