Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
ISIS Secret Agent Squishy
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a problem when it comes to building armies; painting and completing them. So I thought I'd commit to a "simple to paint" army so that I can at least have one complete army to play with.
As everyone knows, Necrons are the simplest army to paint if you're not a brilliant painter.
I don't class myself as even a competent painter, so they're perfect for me.
In order to reduce the chances of failure further, I've decided to go with as few purchases as possible, meaning the Battleforce to start with (it is a damn good deal for Crons) and building on that.

So on to the Lists, progressing from 1000 to 1500 and on to 2000
Necron Battleforce (1000)
(Consists of a Battleforce, a Lord on foot, and a Heavy Destroyer)
HQ
1 Lord; Staff of Light; Gaze of Flame; Phase Shifter; Resurrection Orb

Troops
14 Warriors

Troops
14 Warriors

Fast Attack
6 Scarab Swarms; Disruption Field

Fast Attack
3 Destroyers

Heavy Support
1 Heavy Destroyers

Total Roster Cost: 1000

Necron Battleforce+ (1500)
(adds a box of Warriors, another Heavy Destroyer and a Monolith to the previous list)
HQ

Troops
13 Warriors

Troops
13 Warriors

Troops
13 Warriors

Fast Attack
6 Scarab Swarms; Disruption Field

Fast Attack
3 Destroyers

Heavy Support
1 Heavy Destroyers

Heavy Support
1 Heavy Destroyers

Heavy Support
1 Monolith

Total Roster Cost: 1498

Necron Battleforce++ (2000)
(adds The Deciever, 3 Destroyers, and 3 Scarab Swarms [from the previously bought Warriors])
HQ
1 The Deceiver

HQ

Troops
13 Warriors

Troops
13 Warriors

Troops
13 Warriors

Fast Attack
9 Scarab Swarms; Disruption Field

Fast Attack
3 Destroyers

Fast Attack
3 Destroyers

Heavy Support
1 Heavy Destroyers

Heavy Support
1 Heavy Destroyers

Heavy Support
1 Monolith

Total Roster Cost: 1996

So, assuming the plan to build a complete army works, will they be competitive armies at those point levels? Are there any glaringly obvious flaws in the lists (or the plan)?

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
The Lord at 1K is too expensive i think. Loose GoF and the Phaser, being with Warriors you kinda want to avoid combat with him anyway.. Put the extra points towards a 2nd Heavy D. I dont usually advise on them, but if your having one, then its a good idea to pair up. Also they look ok in the list as youre going shooty.
Same in the 1500, but add a 4th Destroyer.
At 2K, look at getting some Immortals, they are basically awesome Warriors. money wise, maybe try and convert some Warriors?

·
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
So what you'd recommend, Phoenix, are the following lists?
(with the 1500 and 2000 point lists being built with a second Battleforce - converted Warriors as Immortals in the 2000)
Are there other changes you'd suggest?

HQ
1 Lord; Staff of Light; Resurrection Orb

Troops
13 Warriors

Troops
13 Warriors

Fast Attack
7 Scarab Swarms; Disruption Field

Fast Attack
3 Destroyers

Heavy Support
1 Heavy Destroyers

Heavy Support
1 Heavy Destroyers

Total Roster Cost: 1000

HQ

Troops
12 Warriors

Troops
12 Warriors

Troops
12 Warriors

Fast Attack
9 Scarab Swarms; Disruption Field

Fast Attack
4 Destroyers

Heavy Support
1 Heavy Destroyers

Heavy Support
1 Heavy Destroyers

Heavy Support
1 Monolith

Total Roster Cost: 1497

HQ
1 The Deceiver

HQ

Elite
8 Immortals

Troops
14 Warriors

Troops
14 Warriors

Fast Attack
10 Scarab Swarms; Disruption Field

Fast Attack
3 Destroyers

Fast Attack
3 Destroyers

Heavy Support:
1 Heavy Destroyers

Heavy Support
1 Heavy Destroyers

Heavy Support
1 Monolith

Total Roster Cost: 1993

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Yea, pretty much :) Although, just to be annoying, looking at it now i think you could get some Immortals in at lower points too, have them act as a 'retinue' for the Lord, they are the best unit for him to be joining when on foot i think.

Anyway, from the 1K, lose 6 Wariors and a 2 Scarabs for 5 Immortals.

At 1.5, lose 6 Warriors again, and a couple of Scarabs again for 5.

Also overall, im not sure if Dfields on Scarabs are the best thing. Personally, i think your guns fill that role more than well enough, and scarabs should be used and concentrated on tying up and killing annoying / potentially deadly enemy units. Just a thought.

·
No Life King
2,819 Posts
Look like some pretty good lists to me. Your 1K point looks an awful lot like what I used to field. And other then a few little nuances I'd say your pretty well set to enjoying your very own Necron army.;Y

If you wanted you could throw in 5 immortals to the first and second lists (remove 6 warriors and 2 scarabs)...Pheonix I just realized you said the same thing.

Dfields on scarabs are largely dependent on who you're facing, I used to love them against IG, but not so useful against armies that are low in armor. The little bugs are good for tying up CC monsters and mowing through light infantry. And since you HAVE heavy destroyers to blow out tanks (let alone gauss), you should be fine without it.

For your 2k list I'd look at removing the d-fields, and dropping two warriors for a Veil of Darkness. Even if you don't like flying circus dragging a squad out of CC is rather nice.

·
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay then, by buying 2 Battleforces, I should actually be able to build all of those lists.
With a total of 56 Warriors, I only need 39 at most for any one list, which leaves me with 17 to turn into 8 Immortals (surprisingly, it's just more than the number needed).
It also gives me the 6 Destroyers I need and 14 Scarabs, more than enough for any battle.
After that, it's just 2 HDs, a Lith and a Lord (I already have the Deceiver for some conversion work), and the painting

Thanks guys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts