Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this belongs here, but I don't know where else to put it...

Listen, guys and gals, we are under attack! An attack from an enemy great in number and influence. They live in our homes, our towns, our cities! They claim our armies are "cheesy" and "broken!" They refuse to play us! Don't take this kind of abuse lying down! Stand up to your oppressors! Anyone who refuses to play you is scared of your superior strategy. Take pride in your Necrons! Anyone who beats you down is just insecure. Say it out loud, for all the world to hear! "We are Necron Players, and WE ARE PROUD!!!!!" Three cheers for the Necrons!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
superior startegy? yea ok. it takes strat to field a nightbringer and monlith in 1500 pts and just watch the bodies fall. give me a break. necrons anret bad, nightbringer and monolith are just unblanaced...plain and simple.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I agree w/ salamander, THey are extremely unbalanced, field a few of those, and like 2 squads of warriors, and let the monoliths and deciever do all the work, never use the warriors.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I HATE using C'tan, first because they are too tempting a target and second because they mean you have 20 less Warriors towards Phase Out, but this is not a tactics thread. This is a solidarity thread against those who say Necrons are cheesy and "broken." Which they're not. However, I PLAY Necrons and even I want a Monolith power-down. Seriously. Maybe 13 armor on all sides or at least an increase in points. Again, not a thread for srtategy, just solidarity. Even if you don't play Necrons, if you think the abuse we suffer at the hands of those who hate Necrons for no good reason is unfair, speak up!

Also: the Necrons have a MASSIVE disadvantage in campaigns, with experience. So there you go- another fatal flaw. Hip hip hurray for the somewhat-less-than-perfect Necrons!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well I for one DONT want Necrons powered down. The Necrons have only ONE vehicle which has a dozen diffirent tasks to accomplish. People moan about the C'Tan, but they are supposed to be GODS for crying out loud! I dont hear any complaints about Greater Chaos Daemons, or about the excessive number of overly powerful Railguns Tau players can use, but no, I only hear endless whinging and moaning about Necrons.

Fact is, I think the rules are fine. People think they are too powerful or are unbalanced, well gee, I kinda figured they were supposed to be the greatest threat the galaxy had ever faced, who said they need to be fair? If only all of our enemies in life were equal and fair . . . but no, things dont work out that way. And clearly people would rather have an easy victory than a challenge, or else they wouldnt be complaining about this so much.

I will give three cheers to the Necrons, AND the C'Tan, but I'm on the verge of walking out of these boards in disgust at the over-the-top never ending whinging of these anti-Necron players! GW did a damned fine job with the Necrons and people can moan all they like, but all theyll get is people fed up with them.

So here's for the Necrons! Hip-Hip-Hooorrrraaaayyy!!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Well I for one DONT want Necrons powered down. The Necrons have only ONE vehicle which has a dozen diffirent tasks to accomplish. People moan about the C'Tan, but they are supposed to be GODS for crying out loud! I dont hear any complaints about Greater Chaos Daemons, or about the excessive number of overly powerful Railguns Tau players can use, but no, I only hear endless whinging and moaning about Necrons

·
689 Posts
necrons are too weak! they have to many weaknesses to pose a real threat. any good player could easily kill the necrons. i went on a tourney last weekend and i played against the lost and the damned. now those guys can be called cheesy. the guy i met had:
*1 greater deamon of khorne
*2 leman russ
*1 basilisk
*3 obliterators
*15 guardsmen
*10 bloodletters
*1 demolisher

and some small demons which i don't remember the name of. now THATS a cheesy army. don't complain about the necrons they're not cheesy at all. i think they should get some upgrade especially on the cc front.

·
Registered
213 Posts
necrons are EXTREMLY balanced... I mean their max range is 36 inches. They are semi-ok in cc, and their only vehicle is a monolith which is a damned good model. Im a wolf player, but play the crons, cuz people are always complainin about my squads of blood claws running down termies... i play em and i think thats unfair! so no bicthin about necrons when chaos(which i also play) have so much crazier crap. and the tau... omg railguns everywhere. crazyness just plain crazyness.

the nightbringer will eat you. lol hail to the necrons!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I agree with what was said earlier about having to many weaknesses to be effective. If every opponent played did there homework just a little they would know how to hurt Necrons the worst.

Any of the C'Tans are to much points. I get some props from the Local Club becasue I don't play with the Ctan, get this - They think Ctans are cheese. But then when one of there Tooled up Daemon Princes come strolling across the board with a 12" move and a 12" charge with 8 - St 6 Powerweapon hits... there is no hint of cheese from anyone.

Or the Deamons they summon which can move and shoot the turn they are summoned in, with no penalty past they can't come in till turn 2... but my VOD'ing lord and his immortals which can deep strike every turn and have to follow all these rules with the chance of scattering off board or rolling double 1's get talked about like they are broken.

The Mass amounts of rhinos or troop transports which can put some marines into some key spots quickly or get a charge on in Turn 2. If I don't Deep strike my monolith onto the board it only moves 6" a turn, then if i do there is again talk of cheesyness.

Summary: The Necrons have so many weaknesses. The main reason I like playing them is that they all depend on each other in a way that no other army does. So being a Necron player you have to be aware of these weaknesses and do everthing with in the rules to protect against them without going to the Cheesy side.

ps... yes a person can go the cheesy side with necrons... 3 monoliths. regardless of how tactically stupid this is for phase out, it still is a bit much.

Hurrah for Necron Players

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.