Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had so much great advice from my previous thread that I have come back for more.

Chaos armies seem to be hugely diverse. Now, without knowing the make up of said Chaos army, is there any general advice that a Necron player should consider while designing an army to counter?

·
Registered
545 Posts
In general:

Stay out of CC with anything besides basic troops, they can do it far better, especially lords daemonettes and bloodletters.
Do NOT bunch up your troops, defilers and plasma cannons.
Keep your lord away from powerfists and plague swords.
Watch for that 12 inch speed charge and of the summoning range on hounds of khorne, screamers and furies.
Watch for everything you watch for against a non speeder heavy marine army as well.

·
Too Sexy For My Whirlwind
1,148 Posts
I play against a lot of chaos, and some good blanket advice is as follows:

Use your good manoeverability to stay out of CC unless there is a very good reason(D.Lord with 3 wraiths can beat down a lot of Chaos lords for example.)

Make him come to you, where you want him too. Laying traps is the key to success, by pulling his troops into fire lanes you can quickly out gun them.

Keep good Res. orb and T. Spyder coverage to keep your numbers up as his fall.

Chaos is an army you must approach with caution, but if you step lightly he'll quickly find himself surrounded and outnumbered. At this point you can move in for the kill, as he won't be able to beat your much greater numbers even in assault. Just make sure you keep your T. Spyders and Wraiths ready to countercharge or block assaults.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts