Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, I've read the codex a few times and played about 3 or 4 times, and am getting SMOKED at battles under 1000 points with online "best of" lists.

There is a learning curve, strategy, etc. but I think there might be something I am missing with WBB and monoliths, maybe someone can help.

SITUATION:
2 squads of Warriors and a lord with Res Orb are in front of my monolith. They are shot with ordinance S10 fire from a vindicator.
5 fall, 2 come back under the normal WBB rules (they are 6" from Res Orb Lord).
QUESTION:
Is it possible to use Particle Whip to raise the 3 that failed "Res Orb" WBB?

QUESTION 2:
What is the point of Particle Whip other than below?
I use it now to teleport my Warriors when in cc danger to the Monolith and WBB them if the Lord with Res Orb is dead or not close.

PS: Thanks as always in advance, if anyone has any good strategy links, let me know. There are many in the strategy forum I've been checking out too though.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I may have found an answer:
http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/40k-rules-help/168349-monolith-summoning-fleeing-units.html

It's used in the Movement phase instead of firing the Particle Whip; basically, if he has reserves and they're eligible to enter he HAS to bring them into play via the Portal, and if not then he can teleport certain units that are within 18" of the hull to the Monolith where they disembark from the portal, and any models from those units which failed that turn's WBB roll can make another atempt.

·
Too Sexy For My Whirlwind
1,148 Posts
Indeed, in the situation you described you have to use the Power Matrix to teleport the unit to the monolith, after they come back through its portal they can re-roll the failed WBB rolls. The particle whip is the OTHER function of the Power Matrix and can be used instead of the teleporting ability. Each monolith may only use the power matrix in one way or the other per turn though.

As for strategy just keep searching my friend. I'm a veteran necron player and I gotta say that their in tough in 5th edition to compete with most other armies. You'll probably have more success playing in the 1750-2000 point range, as this seems the ideal points range for necrons to play at in 5th. As for being consistantly competetive with more than one cookie cutter type list.....just wait and hope for an update for the codex soon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts