Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
hehe luck didn't help you much on thursday did it, Commisar Cragg? I virtually wiped the floor with the guardsmen on my first testrun with my necrons

·
Registered
4 Posts
First off im not a ig player but am a hater of those damn necrons :lol:

One of my friends plays an IG army and this is the strat he uses against them. First off Necrons are soo close to marines its almost sad. With the exception of their "we'll be back" rule. To negate that my friend fields as many rocket launches as he can fit in the army. I dont know about all those las cannons i think it would be cheaper just to take the rockets. Anyway he also takes a vindi assassin to snipe the lord so they can't use that damn orb anymore. Other than that he uses the anti marine tactic with rocket launchers hit them with enough insta kill weps to wittle them into instability. ( He has used this against my nilla marines toooo many times :evil: ).

Deus Ira

·
Registered
82 Posts
Plasma gun and lascannons but pierce and wound on 2+ but you are going to need a hell of a lot of them. They will give right up- those mechanical **** :angry:

·
Registered
6 Posts
CHEAT,CHEAT,CHEAT! if he dosn't have the codex say youve seen it and make stuff up alternitively replace his necrons one by one while he is not looking with warhammer skeletons stalling his play time so he has to leave before he wins :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
ah necrons, how i love fighting them (though frustrating when they stand back up). first, ignore moniliths and c'tan as much as possible. unless thats the only thing u have to shoot at, shoot at "necrons". if you don't think u'll be able to phase'em out be4 mr. c'tan gets to yer lines then sniper fire well do him in right quick. The battle cannons and w/e well rape his warriors. so unless that lord is about w/ that orb, u'll be insta killin his warriors. Immortals are a bigger pain. their high T means no insta kill and their superior weapons well negate any save u may have (even carapace). Destroyers are their lascannons (though shorter range), but they move fast (skimmer bike) and they move and shoot. The lord is a pain and can be kitted in many ways, but that damned orb well most likely make an appearence. Wraiths and flayed ones aren't fun either but i've never had them get to me.

well thats about it. i didn't post specific stats b/c i don't kno the rules here yet and i'm just starting IG so i won't tell u specifically what to take, except Leman Russ Battle Cannon's well put huge holes in his warrior squad (except if that damned lord is floatin about)!

thats about it, just remember to keep track of how many u have to down be4 they phase out.

Loomis

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Don't let the flayed ones get close...
Or maybe you should, get a squad in CC and then get a basilisk or griffon to fire inderectly on then and hopefully you'll only hit the enemy ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.