Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
I don't think you have a link Cheese monkey. Try edditing your post and adding it.
Also the pyrmid could be a monolith to khorne.

·
Registered
353 Posts
lol, maybe it is crons, thats great... "orks captured their constantly mutter about 'the shiney boyz'"
poor armageddon, first world eaters, then orks, and next crons

·
Registered
593 Posts
An ork iz never woreed! Only conzernd with iz wepons not been abl to kil teh sniny boyz!

Down Ork alter ego, down!

Back to normality, GW does this all the time. They leave little things to use in the future so they never run out of ideas.

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
I haven't really examined that link but is it possible that you mean the monolith built by Angron's horde in the first or second armageddon war?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by BorninDarkness@Sep 9 2003, 13:02
I haven't really examined that link but is it possible that you mean the monolith built by Angron's horde in the first or second armageddon war?
Damn... ur probably right right...

·
Registered
353 Posts
Actually I checked that out, and if you click on the thing it talks about orks being horrified into a trance like state mumbling about 'The Shiney Boyz' (probbly crons) and in that area theirs a seprate thing for Angrons Lith, and also it says the temple is way old, so I hightly doubt its a shrine to khorne

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
The storyline seems to indicate that Necrons are in the area... maybe the first outcrop of a stasis tomb?

What could deny them to be on armageddon anyway?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Angron's Monolith is also on that map. That pyramid has been featured a few times in white dwarf before from what I remember. One example being:

'White Dwarf 220' on page 54.

The exact pyramid is in that picture.

I also remember the 'Equatorial Jungle' zone in the Armageddon 3 campaign as being the sector which GWHQ reported their battles in. This explaining why they had that terrain on their map (as they probably would have owned that pyramid at the HQ).

·
Registered
342 Posts
That certainly proved to me that there has been some necron presence on Armageddon. The next question is what is it doing on Armageddon and what's it for? It could be a stasis tomb, but that doesn't fit with the rest of the necron background. It says the C'tan "slept on worlds purged of all life to keep the Enslavers from their door." So if it's not a stasis tomb then what is it?

·
Registered
85 Posts
The pyramid is the first monolith. When the monolith model was first released, White Dwarf ran an article with some fluff.

the story went that an excommunicated inquistor was investigating it. one day a group of ork hunters found his camp and ambushed him. just then the pyramid started to come apart and reveiled the monolith. the inquistor escaped and contacted the Dark Angels buth Ork hunters were massaced.

The whole thing was used to set up a battle eport.

·
Registered
342 Posts
So we now have a monolith on Armageddon, this will make the next Armageddon war more interesting. But...if it is a monolith, after it was 'freed' from the pyramid wouldn't it have phased out such as the necrons do? Unless...in GW's *ahem* wisdom, it is there to serve as an 'exciting twist' to the next Armageddon War

·
Registered
85 Posts
The whole thing with the monolith being freed happend after the wars for armageddon. Also it was used to set up a battle report in which the monolith was destroyed in an assault by a DA dreadnought. i forget which but it either was destroyed or fazed out.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Necrons could be in Armageddon 4

this campaign could be called

Armageddon 4 oh god not again!

or

Armageddon 4 the horse is dead!

or my personal favorite

Armageddon 4 oh the humanity!

·
Registered
735 Posts
Sure bring em on...da more da merrier on Armorgeddum.

WAAAGH!

·
Registered
353 Posts
seriously, why does any one want to stay on Armegedon?
First Khorne's world eaters, those that stayed arn't really dumb cuz its the first attack
But then Orks, and their still staying. riiiight....
Those that get devoured by the Necrons deserve it, cuz their plain dumb from not moving away from that planent.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.