Vs

Necron lord, orb and Destroyer body

10 warriors
10 warriors
10 warriors

Monolith
Tomb spider

Mission: Seek and destroy gamma

Nice terrain spread and deployment saw me with the tomb spider and 1 warrior squad in the middle and lord and other 2 squads on the left.

He with a vindicator and tactical rhino in the middle and the assault and command rhino and sniper’s on the left.

I rolled for first turn:

Turn 1 Necron:
Just moved my warriors on the left forward a bit and made a scarab swarm on the spider. But the best about this turn was that my middle warrior squad was in range of the vindicator. This has been my enemy in last games so was keen on taking it out, and I did. 10 shot, 2 glances, weapon destroyed and immobilised.

Turn 1 SM:

He moved his tactical rhino left 12” and moved HQ rhino up 12”. His assault guys jup forward 12” and do nothing. He unloads his HQ rhino (blocking line of site with his rhino and shoots at my HQ warrior squad but does nothing) he shoots at middle warriors with snipers and Rhino bolter downs 2 .

Turn 2 Necron:
Make the WBB rolls they both get back up. Reserve roll monolith is here. Deep strike and scatter a bit but nothing bad. I teleport middle warrior squad within rapid fire range of assault guys. Move my TS a bit more to the left still behind the building (it makes another baby). Move 1 more warrior squad in bunker I was hiding behind now also able to shoot assault marines. HQ squad moves to give Orb cover to bunker squad. Shooting phase first monolith fires its arcs at assault marines 2 bite the dust after being shot d6 of 6 shots. Ported squad fires at same guys drop 2 more. Then bunker squad fires and takes down the last 4 assault packers. The HQ squad shoots the HQ rhino and makes it useless, a immobilised and weapon destroyed result. (Although machine spirit won’t come back in the game)

Turn 2 SM:
He moves his HQ squad and will later assault my Bunker guys and takes out 6 in the assault. They fail LD and get cut down. He moves up his Tactical rhino and unloads his guys mostly in Rapid fire range of 1 warrior squad. He manages to down 2 with plasma rifle but the rest missed. He also shoots with his rhino bolter but doesn’t do anything. He Consolidated’s 4” both can’t get into any base to base contact so spreads out to make particle whip ineffective.

Turn 3 Necron:

I port away my HQ squad from his HQ squad. I then move up the other warrior squad within Rapid fire range of his tactical squad. Also get HQ squad in Rapid fire range and switch squads with my lord. TS is coming out to play as well and ends up just behind the warrior squads. Shooting phase sees me destroying the tactical squad down to only its sergeant. Who makes his LD. Gauss flux arcs do nothing with only 1 shot on HQ and misses. TS makes another baby.

Turn 3 SM:
He tries to get to the monolith trough the difficult terrain. He tank shocks my HQ squad and assault the other squad with the Sergeant. Pass LD test and move out of the rhino’s way. The other squad actually cut’s down the sergeant before he can swing his power fist. Shooting he shoots at HQ squad with Rhino bolter downs 1 guys and sniper’s kill 2 from the other squad. He manages to reach my monolith and he needs sixes for hits with his power fist. He roles 3!! Sixes on 4 rolls. He then rolls 2 more 6’s for glances. He manages to immobilise it and shakes it. Sniper’s shoot and kill some scarabs but nothing major.

Turn 4 Necron
I make 1 out of 3 WBB rolls. I move around the Rhino with my HQ squad. Move up the other warriors away from the SM HQ squad. Move in my TS on the tactical Rhino as well. Do a lot of shooting on the Rhino and assault it and get it immobilised and weapon destroyed. Nothing else to do.

Turn 4 SM
Movement just moves His HQ squad around a bit and charges in assault phase. He shoots at my Tomb spider again with the sniper’s he has left and kills another swarm, 2 left. The HQ squad charges and only shakes the monolith again so no shooting next turn.

Turn 5 Necron:
No movement in this turn. I take my lord’s squad and fire at the immobilized vindicator but don’t destroy it. Other warrior squad and take out 4 of them (nice under 50%) they pass LD test. Take the TS and assault the Rhino again but fail to do anything.

Turn 5 SM:
Snipers shoot at warriors and manage nothing (first time this has ever happened in our games). He then charges the monolith again but only shakes it again. Nothing else happens this turn.

Turn 6 Necron:
Last turn I try to get some more VP and move my lord out of warrior squad and leave the rest of my guys standing. Shooting phase sees me turn the HQ rhino to dust. Fail to destroy the vindicator though. Assault sees me bring down the Tactical rhino with the TS.

Turn 6 SM:
Last turn of the game. He can’t make any assault on any of my unit’s so he keeps his HQ behind the monolith and charges it again but fails to destroy it. He shoots at my Tomb spider again with the sniper’s he has left and kills another swarm, 1 left.

Well that was it I killed about 600-700 pts of his army he only managed to kill 1 warriors squad and some random warriors and immobilise the Monolith.

Left on the board:
SM: 2 snipers (1 heavy bolter), Lord and HQ sergeant and 3 HQ marines and an immobilized Vindicator.
Necron: Lord and 8 warriors, 9 more warriors, Tomb spider and its swarm and an immobilized monolith.

Was massacre victory for the Necron. Was nice to finally have a chance against this list played against it a lot and only managed 1 win before, 2 draws and 10 losses. So a nice victory was very welcome. Well hoped you enjoyed the report was my first one so might have missed something here and there but this is what generally happened.

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
See, told you. Stick at it and now you have the hang of it :) 2 wins in a row now yea? now its your opponant who will be in Chat asking for advice lol.

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
The odd Pic would be nice if you could get it. Definitely look at more precise structuring though, paragraphs within turns would be fine to sum up each phase.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Good job. As a SM player, I am very envious of the Necrons. If I could have all the money I spent on Space Marines back, I would probably collect a Necron army.

Your report was very good, and I could easily tell what was happening. But It might be easier on yourself and the reader to keep the phases in line... like a couple times you went from movement, to assault, to shooting. It might be easier to keep it movement-shooting-assault.

·
Registered
190 Posts
One question: How was the Vindicator in range on turn 1? On a standard table you should not be able to deploy far enough forward to hit it without moving. If you move, you can only shoot 12", of course. Sounds like he must have put his Vindicator too far forward. A mistake, on his part, I'd say. Sounds like you deserved a break, though.

Weaf

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.