Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello LO. Just recently I decided to start modeling my Necrons again in order to finish the roughly 2000 pt. addition I want to bring my army up to apocalypse size.(a battle force and 2 'Liths)

Anyway since the bulk of my list is warriors and I already have 1500 pts. worth of crons 30 models of wich are warriors, I thought I'd make them first.

Now, to give a brief synopsis of my army, It has a strong egyptian motif. The warriors are not metal, they're blue and yellow, and my lords all have head dresses and such and everyone is modeled on desert bases.

Another theme therefore that is very prevalent in my army is age, antiquity, and weathering as well as battle damage. I have some warriors clipped and posed to be emerging from the sand, some just have paint chips and lasblast kisses on there paint, and some more still are heavily damaged(I have one warrior with half of his body melted off from a lascannon blast).

So to get to the point I was wondering if anybody could come up with some ideas that I haven't thought of yet. So far I have a guy blown in half pulling himself back together, a guy with a broken arm, a guy with a broken leg dragging it around, and dudes with various dents bullet holes and scratches.

Thx in advance for any Ideas.

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
The Tomb Kings have some very ancient Egyptian looking models. Perhaps you could scavenge a few bits from a TK player to add some extra flavor to the army?
I was about to make the same suggestions.

Also, this thread belongs in the Modeling Forum.

*thread moved*

·
Sparta!
1,438 Posts
There is a thread in the necron forum about someone wanting to do something different with their crons and I made a few suggestions on that. I'll see if I can find what i said.
Here it is:

As suggested using the Tomb Kings range would add a lot of 'spice' to the army, in my opinion. You could model immortals with a mix of tomb guard or give them jackal heads and even have the heavy destroyers based off ushabti (the big construct things). Tomb Spyders and Tomb King Scorpions? Necrons with the standard egyption robe etc. A Necron Destroyer Lord based of a Tomb King but on a 'flying chariot' (sun chariot - egyptian mythology?). The possibilities are rather extensive and can be applied extremely well.
As far as paints go blues and golds and bright silvers would be the way to go I think, as well as bone robes on the models.
Hmm, i'm quite impressed with that. I might even consider attempting it after my other armies (1 down only 5 more to go)

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
For battle damage, perhaps try a Necron with its head partially blown apart (or hanging to the side after the neck was shot/cut through) ?

Perhaps you could scratchbuild a count-as Monolith from foamboard, basing it around the pyramid-like starship in Stargate (the movie)?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Mr Blonde

I've just posted this on another thread, but I just read yours and you might find this interesting (obviously not the bit about hating the Egyptian theme :D)

Feel free to ignore this post, as my favourite thing about the Necrons is the fact that they all look the same I don't actually like the faux Egyptian theme at all, so I don't use any glyphs and I don't even pick out the chest emblems... nothing to do with the fact that I'm a sucky painter of course...

The one thing that seperates my 'crons from anyone else's that I've seen is thier guns. I really didn't like the space lego green tubes at all, and for Warriors I thought it made no sense at all to have a gun which looks like a sniper rifle when it's in fact a close range Bolter-type affair. PLUS the bayonet blades are all wrong for troops who are doing their level best to keep out of assualts whenever possible due to thier close combat abilities sucking like an asthmatic Dyson.

So, all my Warriors have had thier bayonets removed and the green rods (and suporting beam) chopped out too. I also remove the round section above where the Warrior's supporting arm's hand is, and glue the pointy gun muzzle (minus the bottom point) directly onto it.

The result is a much nastier-looking Bolter-sized gun which fits the stats of the model much better, doesn't look like Lego and doesn't closeline every other Warrior with 2inches everytime time it walks, goes down, or gets back up... Trust me it looks brutal, so brutal in fact, that I did the same chop job on my Immortals, and now they look brrruuutal!

Did I mention that they look brutal?

·
Scenery Shogun
917 Posts
ahhhh, sweet necrons. they'll be back..

Anyways, one of the idead I did, was clip a gun holding arm off, and then move the connected arm, holding the loose gun arm, like he's reattaching his shooting arm, as it's holding the gun..

Heads off in hands, reattaching the head (holding it up above the shoulder, ready to reattach) looks cool.

I clipped a bunch of guys in half at the waist, and had them emerging from the ash wastes....
then took the lower half I clipped off, and cut it into component parts, then used them on different bass of other 'crons as the spare parts they were pulling themselves together from.

Clip some paperclips, (act like floating, ) and take some of the leg components, and have them floating off the surface of the desrt sand, then base them in the highlight of your "power" choice in your army (green, the usual power color for ncrons) so that when you glue the component to the clip, it'll look like he's in th middle of a "we'll be back" roll. :)

just some suggestions I did with my 'crons.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Any chance of some pictures ComfySofa? It sure does sound like an interesting conversion;Y

:happy:
No pictures unfortunately, but I will do my best to get some and post them up. My painting skills are not great, but I much prefer my Necrons to the standard so I'm quite proud of them anyway.

Oh yeah, and as I've chopped the Lego out of the foot troops, it didn't seem right to include it in the Destroyers and Heavy Destroyers, so their rods have been replaced with lengths of heavy gauge electric bass guitar string... they now look more like power coils.

·
Librarian from Hell
4,133 Posts
Lovely conversions, they do look brutal.

ComfySofa said:
what does "*reppage*" mean?
Reppage means "to add to someones reputation", that's a very nice thing to do.
If you go to your user CP you'll find a little box with a greeting for you alone, something like "greatlooking minis" or "nice post" or something else really nice.
It'll show up in an (hopefully) increasing number of stars and suns on your profile.

You'll find it all thouroghly described on the site feedback and support-board.

But once again...lovely minis:)

·
Lord of Purple
933 Posts
Those 'cron guns look amazing! And definately brutal. Brutal as in Metalocalypse Dethklok definiton brutal, not just the general brutal. 8Y. Thou art repped!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ah cool! So I'm starting to build a good reputation... awesome :)

Well as you guys liked that picture I'd better find the time to take some more of my other Necrons. I've painted everything except Pariahs, Flayed Ones, C'tan, and a Monolith, so I should be able to get photos of the rest up some time soon.

Thanks again and I'll try and let you guys know somehow when I post the new pics!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.