Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about playing this in a tourney this weekend. It's my first real game in many years and I would appreciate any comments.

HQ:
Farseer - Spirit Stones, Doom, Guide
120 pts

Troops:

Guardians x11 - Eldar Missile Launcher
116 pts

Guardians x10 - Scattler Laser
95 pts

Guardians x12 - Starcannon
121 pts

Dire Avengers x10 - Exarch w/ dual shuriken cannon
137 pts

Wave Serpent - Twin-linked Starcannon
125 pts

Fast Attack:

Vyper x2 - Brightlance
150 pts

Vyper x2 - Eldar Missile Launcher
130 pts

Heavy Support:

Fire Prism
115 pts

Wraithlord - Wraithsword, Starcannon
130 pts

Wraithlord - Wraithsword, Starcannon
130 pts

Total: 1499 pts

·
Registered
249 Posts
The things I say are probably what a lot of others will tell you, mostly just fiddling with equipment -

Both wraithlords will work better with a BL/EML combination; they look cool with the sword, but their damage output combined with the fact they are easily swarmed by cheap opponents will mean they provide better ranged anti-tank fire than close quarters killy-ness!

Sort your Prism out with Spirit Stones or Holo-fields (even both if you can), both hugely help its survivability, as a heck of a lot of fire is going to come its way...

I hear a lot of people say that vypers with dual shuriken cannons work better, with a BS of 3 they are not going to hit much with 1 shot weapons. Leave your WL's and Prism to take on tanks, let your vypers be effective against infantry and STILL be effective against side/rear armour of vehicles (where they can get fast!)

Dire avengers.... bladestorm perhaps for that first volley of fire? Depends on your choice, but if they are jumping out of that WS then they need to cause as much damage as possible before being shot back...

Im not a big fan of Guardians (god only knows why i have nearly 50 of them though...), so maybe trade in one or two squads for something a bit more....close combat orientated? You are lacking in assault troops to be honest, get some Banshees or Harlequins with kisses to hit hard and fast against MEQ's that are still standing after the fire your putting out!
If you do keep any guardians, give them a warlock with conceal. They will live for twice as long, and this means an extra turn or so of your weapon platform firing.

What is your Farseer guiding? Id swap it for Mind War, for pinging pesky heavy weapons or power fists, as the only thing worth guiding (DA's) will be in the WS, and therefore can't be guided on the turn they first fire...

I apologise, iv just ripped apart pretty much everything, but good luck with the tourny!

·
Registered
148 Posts
I find that one of the main problems with your army is that it lacks coheation. This army lacks any sort of anything that works together. The guardians would work, for an all shooting army but you need to then cut some of your CC fat. Maybe if you took an idea of how you want to win then take the units that can facilitate that route of winning.

·
Registered
249 Posts
it may sound prety harsh, but Ajay is pretty much on the money, also dont put single shot weapons in the guardian squads for the same reason as the vypers
Cheers Cheredanine, I learnt from the best *tip of the cap*
The only reason I dont mind having EML's in my guardian squads is that my regular Tau opponent ALWAYS forgets that our frag equivalent is AP4, and it messes up his fire warriors something rotten when it does hit, plus they ping vehicles pretty nicely.
But yeah, I did miss out changing the weapons platforms, scatter lasers for high output of high strength shots, you can't really go wrong.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm reworking the list but I have a question. Has anyone had success with building a vyper that is armed with two shuriken cannons? I tried once and ended up with a broken model. The only piece that would fit is the cannon from the shrieker jetbike and it doesn't work under the top of a vyper.

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
All my vypers are built using the metal shreiker cannon, it does interfere with the front left "prong" of the canopy, but never actually broken one

there are alternatives:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts